Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 01:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Kippernick was drinking the BLM kool aide when his numbers tanked. Is this accurate?
His QBR last year was middle of the pack. Anyone else in that situation has a job this year.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:35 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
His QBR last year was middle of the pack. Anyone else in that situation has a job this year.
Your point or assertion?

Old 09-30-2017, 01:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Your point or assertion?
I made it.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:40 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Of course there will be 'heroes' that will disobey this memo just cuz they're, you know, so brave and all that for standing up for their beliefs.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-...023852614.html
Its an NBA rule that is in place. The memo just reminded the players to stand. So its not disobeying a memo but a league rule. I guess if they want to be fined and suspended then they go for it. They have a league dress code on the way to the stadium and the players follow it.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:41 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Surely you jest. What would cause him not be hired?

Old 09-30-2017, 01:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Most of America is fine with the flag. The followers who jump on all and ever faddish cause may be screeching about it for now but they always are screeching about something. Pretty sure it was statues a couple weeks ago, pretty sure it will be something else by the holidays.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:45 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yeah you said this when you claimed he had no chance to win the Presidency too. Yet he won it, and won it big.
Doesn't change the fact that he's completely incompetent.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:56 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
My question is what would be more effective to combat biased policing? Trying to reach out to people and rationally discuss issues?
That won't work. See below.

Quote:
Or kneel while the anthem is playing and call the country oppressive, or set towns on fire and surround a mayor's house making threats over a verdict that has already been reached, on a crime that happened in 2011 that the Obama/Holder Department of Justice had already investigated and found nothing? I couldn't think of a more effective way to not get what you want.
You're thinking of Ferguson, I assume.

Did you read the other Ferguson DOJ report - the one that analyzed the Ferguson PD and found it to be every bit as racist and unconstitutional in its practices as could be imagined? Nah, we both know you didn't. But the black community in Ferguson did in fact see some serious improvement.

You and people like you will look at the spark, the isolated incident - be it the police killing that set off a riot or the peaceful demonstration at a football game - and find any reason to disparage it. All the while ignoring the powder keg of justified resentment.

The people of Ferguson were in fact abused by a corrupt, out-of-control, racist PD. That's not my assessment, that's the US DOJ. And nobody gave a hoot.

Polite, impassioned pleas do not work.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:57 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It went beyond Barack, too.

I remember threads in which Trump supporters bashed Michelle's compliments and claimed that she was a product of affirmative action.

This was, of course, without providing any proof, sources, transcripts, nothing. All they needed to make that claim and stand firm behind it was the fact that Michelle is a liberal black woman. Heck, forget the "liberal" part.

The fact that they praise Ivanka, who literally could blow her nose with 20$ bills growing up, but disparage Michelle's accomplishments and claimed she didn't do it on her own merit tells you all you need to know.

It's really rooted in the fact that these black liberals took the job of President and First Lady from white people, a position they did deserved in a place they did not belong, and the fact that these two have accomplished more than any of these supporters hope to. But even if the accomplishments were level, you're right, the Obamas have class and dignity, something your average Trump supporter knows nothing about.

The protesting players wasn't even a major topic at the time Trump said what he said. Kaepernick is a free agent and none of the other players were getting that much attention. The country was pretty much focused on other things like NK, hurricanes, things like that.

But, I'll give Trump credit. He knows how to whip his fanbase up in a frenzy, get them distracted from issues that actually will affect them, like healthcare, and reaffirm his support. To be fair, all you have to say is "black", and that's enough to make them start foaming at the mouth.
Michelle Obama! I remember her.

This is what one of my fellow racist Becky's said to her...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi Lohren
It's time for final thoughts.

Another day, another condescending leftist telling you how to think, feel and act. This time it's Michelle Obama reminding the ladies that she knows what's best for us because apparently we are not smart or independent enough to form an original thought.

Thanks Michelle. So what tidbit of verbal diarrhea did she spew this time?

Well, Mrs. Obama said and I quote: "Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice."

Really Michelle? Or did we choose secure borders, personal responsibility, a strong military, tax reform, smaller government, Obamacare repeal, and economic growth? See, that's what I voted for. I didn't vote for an email-deleting, influence-selling, accountability-lacking pantsuit of lies.

You're dang right I voted against Hillary Clinton, and the fact Mrs. Obama thinks that makes me less of a woman tells you everything you need to know about the left. No Michelle, as a woman I did not want the first female president to be Hillary Clinton and for good reason. I also didn't want another four years of your husband's failed legacy.Oh, and trust me, I didn't lose my voice. You're gonna hear my voice, loud and clear. How dare you diminish and degrade my vote! How dare you look down on Trump-supporting women!

Ya know, contrary to the left's popular belief, you don't have to march in the streets with female genitalia on your head to have a voice. See, millions of women made a different march, a march into the voting booth to vote for our interests, our country and Donald J. Trump.

Those are my final thoughts, Michelle. I hope you heard my voice and you'll remember it next time you talk down to free-thinking, Trump-supporting, America-loving women.

From New York City, God bless and take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Kaepernick Effect? NFL Ratings Drop Worries Wall Street

NFL ratings dropped about 12 percent

NFL TV Ratings Slide Worries Wall Street | Hollywood Reporter
Wrong.

Doesn't bother them, you just bet the Short.

Can anyone say, NFL Bubble™?

You heard it here first.

Step up and get some.

You're welcome.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-30-2017 at 02:07 PM..

Old 09-30-2017, 02:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Kneeling has never been a sign of disrespect. Never.
Unless one's name is Tim Tebow and then it deserves mocking,derision etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies