Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 03:59 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times

Advertisements

Basic science -

evolve or die, genetic diversity is truly strength--

(do they cover this in 4H? or is it all fat lambs, and shiny pigs?!)...

Old 08-19-2017, 04:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The tradition that I'm referring to is the concept of managing internal affairs through voting by an educated population. Not scones and tea at 4 pm.
I'm talking about the whole British American foundation and cultural values. Things like the constitution, Christianity, the English language, common law, private property rights, freedom/libertarianism, limited government etc that the left is tearing down and importing non-white, Democrat voters to do it.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:04 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
It's working in Canada, Australia and New Zealand... truly multi-cultural societies.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:05 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The Mayans, incas, and Aztecs we're doing just fine before the Spaniards and portugese TOOK them by force. You can't slam Latin America without slamming Colonialism .....
It was a brutal time for everyone. How much do you fault the Mayans, Incas and Aztecs for being so ill prepared to defend themselves? That was a time when weakness was an invitation for getting killed or taken and put to work.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
It's working in Canada, Australia and New Zealand... truly multi-cultural societies.
Huh? They don't have mass immigration and are more British American still than the US has become. And the jury is still out on how multiculturalism there is working out. I think the entire west has clearly passed its peak.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:11 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It was a brutal time for everyone. How much do you fault the Mayans, Incas and Aztecs for being so ill prepared to defend themselves? That was a time when weakness was an invitation for getting killed or taken and put to work.
I see what you did there....... Trust me. The guy who cuts your grass and the guy who designs your computer isn't interested in enslaving you and forcing you to work for free looking for gold........ Immigrants come for opp not revenge.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:12 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm talking about the whole British American foundation and cultural values. Things like the constitution, Christianity, the English language, common law, private property rights, freedom/libertarianism, limited government etc that the left is tearing down and importing non-white, Democrat voters to do it.
I haven't noticed any Black Americans advocating for some sort of return to former African tribal law. And far from disparaging the concept of democracy through voting they had to fight for generations just to GET the vote.

Edited: Here I'll go ahead and write a little more just for the heck of it. Some of the attributes you write about are inherent to the structure of the country, others are subject to interpretation, still others the source of contentious debate. I'm NOT going there.

So just a couple of offhand observations.

I believe African Americans are more religious (Christian) than white Americans.

It took early German immigrants - as an example - about THREE generations during the 19th century before English became the language franca among their communities which tended to be very bit as "segregated" as many Hispanic areas are today.

But THIS is a big one - an incredibly important divisor within our society. One "interpretation " of freedom/libertarianism is very much part of the Scot-Irish heritage and at odds with the Puritan interpretations of those concepts. And both populations were WHITE and came from the bloody British Isles.

There is a big gap between jargon and reality.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-19-2017 at 04:26 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 04:12 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Even if that is true, the left is changing the demographics of America largely for the purpose of tearing down all British American tradition.
Oh, blame it on those grandchildren of Italian immigrants. Or maybe the Irish.

How come so many of us in New England are of English heritage and also on the left? We're not tearing down any British American tradition--it's true that it is fading and it has been fading for as long as I can remember. It's probably better if all ethnicities fade into one, the way we were were taught in school--like a melting pot.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And most of the killing was done by other Indian tribe allies of the Spanish. The Spanish were usually using European warfare doctrine by capturing the leader of the Aztecs and Incas and holding them hostage and intermarrying to create allies. Their Indian allies were using the native kill them all strategy.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I haven't noticed any Black Americans advocating for some sort of return to former African tribal law. And far from disparaging the concept of democracy through voting they had to fight for generations just to GET the vote.
They actually do with the don't snitch policies, reluctance to vote to convict fellow blacks, taking revenge into their own hands, identity politics etc. And what about muslims and their bringing their culture and sharia law to America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies