Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I never said or implied an entire race, I am specifically talking about the students who were upset.

I don't get why people think this is new. People have been beaten up and worse for wearing the wrong sports team apparel to the wrong bar, or looking at someone's girlfriend or just plain looking a certain way.

Guy gets jumped because he wore his rival team shirt to the bar, nah we don't talk about that.

Black college kids get upset, because they infer a MAGA hat as a taunt during the height of white supremacists rallies across the country and now we gotta problem with their response.

A guy ran down almost two dozen people because he couldn't control himself. These girls walked off campus on their own two feet.

And so did the black women who were upset. So there ya go.

It's not new - it's just worse because people are trying to **** off the next guy because they're idiots. And it seems to be escalating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 10:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
You don't know what to tell me? You sounded sure earlier.

Wish I knew how to spot an illegal from a 1/2 mile away.
You live in Houston (Assuming H-tine is H-town pronounced with an accent), Just assume the 40% of the population in the Houston Metro that is Hispanic is all Illegal. If they speak Spanish, they must be extra illegal. The worst part though is if they bring their culture by playing vuvuzelas at a soccer match, that is deport on site. You don't want that vile foreign culture in Murica. first it's vuvuzelas then next it is beautiful dresses on Cinco de Mayo and finally the worst of the worst, Quinceneras. When those come it's shoot the illegals on site.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:18 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Why do we have a black college?

Isn't that racist?

Hell no! It is only racists if it was a white college.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Hell no! It is only racists if it was a white college.
Again look up history of HBCU's it has nothing to do with a double standard or the like the only reason their mostly black still, is that besides Howard and a few others most of them are lower ranked colleges nowadays. I actually heard it's easier for whites to get accepted into HBCU's than blacks but not sure how true that is.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:21 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If MAGA campaign hats political free speech are provocative and worthy of aggressive reaction, then what isn't?

I find foreigners, wearing muslim clothing and talking in foreign languages in my neighborhood provocative and illegals speaking Spanish loud .
Why only quote a part of my claim and then make a point out of something I specifically said I was against? I don't think they are worthy of aggressive reaction, but anyone with a brain knew they'd get it there. In fact, I expect that on every campus in the country of someone supporting Trump. This is not limited to HBCUs.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of James Meredith graduating from Ole Miss - the first black man to do so. It wasn't that long ago black people weren't admitted into colleges.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why only quote a part of my claim and then make a point out of something I specifically said I was against? I don't think they are worthy of aggressive reaction, but anyone with a brain knew they'd get it there. In fact, I expect that on every campus in the country of someone supporting Trump. This is not limited to HBCUs.
True UC Berkeley which is plurality Asian would likely have gotten an equal or even worse reaction.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:32 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Ah, just saw this and you beat me to it.

This.

Including what's in parenthesis to the poster that wants to play coy.
#MAGA

Old 08-21-2017, 10:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I agree with this. Blacks overwhelmingly voted for Hillary, and with Trumps recent rhetoric during Charlottesville whether it is right or wrong, but most blacks saw that as Trump supporting racists/white supremacists. So to many black people MAGA at this point in time is seen as racist or supporting racists. I don't believe Trump is racist but most black people (U.S and Abroad- except maybe Nigeria since we love America unconditionally) I know believe he actually is racist or supports racist. Trump supporters as they assure you don't care about this perception but it will definitely come to bite them if they decide to wear a MAGA hat in a predominantly black area in the U.S. (and to clarify No_Recess, by bite them, i mean by insults and treatment in public not necessarily violence).
So you're saying the same ridicule and theft of a hat will occur if these girls left Howard and went into one of D.C.'s predominantly black areas?

Old 08-21-2017, 10:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You don't have an alarm when a person of the opposite race, ethnicity or religion is 1/2 mile away?

You know...Christmas is just around the corner!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Then they need to get over it.

We have a 1st Amendment right to express our political ideas. If you don't like that, move to China, Cuba, or North Korea.
"Get over it" huh?

You better have this same attitude about Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem.

Quote:
That says more about the person reacting than it does about the other.
No it doesn't. It says the same about both. One wants a reaction and the other gives one. They both are guilty.

Quote:
It is completely different.

Of course anyone who acts violently to a sports logo is an idiot.

But, it is particularly political expression, not sports logos, which are protected by the 1st Amendment.
No, it's not completely different.

Whether it's a sports logo or political clothing, one is intentionally taunting others, wanting to incite a reaction. It just so happens one is hiding behind the Constitution, so they can play the victim card.

Don't know why I'm even entertaining this low-brow response. Just the usual drivel about the 1st Amendment, followed by the tired, "If you don't like it, you can leave" response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And so did the black women who were upset. So there ya go.

It's not new - it's just worse because people are trying to **** off the next guy because they're idiots. And it seems to be escalating.
Sometimes, everyone walks away, sometimes people don't. We've seen both recently.

Quote:
You live in Houston (Assuming H-tine is H-town pronounced with an accent), Just assume the 40% of the population in the Houston Metro that is Hispanic is all Illegal. If they speak Spanish, they must be extra illegal. The worst part though is if they bring their culture by playing vuvuzelas at a soccer match, that is deport on site. You don't want that vile foreign culture in Murica. first it's vuvuzelas then next it is beautiful dresses on Cinco de Mayo and finally the worst of the worst, Quinceneras. When those come it's shoot the illegals on site.
LOL! This is good intel, I'll be sure to contact ICE next time I see someone wearing a Javier Hernandez Mexico jersey.

Quote:
Again look up history of HBCU's it has nothing to do with a double standard or the like the only reason their mostly black still, is that besides Howard and a few others most of them are lower ranked colleges nowadays. I actually heard it's easier for whites to get accepted into HBCU's than blacks but not sure how true that is.
Don't waste your time, ignorant people would rather wallow in ignorance than actually be/sound educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies