Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,077,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So you're saying the same ridicule and theft of a hat will occur if these girls left Howard and went into one of D.C.'s predominantly black areas?
Maybe not theft of a hat, and since D.C is like Atlanta and has many wealthy Black Areas, such as in Prince Georges County, Maryland outside the Beltway (wealthiest majority black county in the U.S), not necessarily. But a similar event could happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 10:41 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
True UC Berkeley which is plurality Asian would likely have gotten an equal or even worse reaction.
I believe worse.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Maybe not theft of a hat, and since D.C is like Atlanta and has many wealthy Black Areas, such as in Prince Georges County, Maryland outside the Beltway (wealthiest majority black county in the U.S), not necessarily. But a similar event could happen.
I see.

ATG5 specifically referenced a "hood" so I wonder if that would change things.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:52 PM

Well if we want to go into probability, it would depend on what time and what part of the hood they went too. Some parts of a hood or ghetto is filled with old people sitting around minding their own business. For example in parts of Houston the hood especially in the SW refers to the huge density of Apartments on major roads, but the actual suburban neighborhoods that are surrounded by these apartments on major roads sometimes look peaceful and for a half second you might think your not in a dangerous area until you notice all the houses have gates in front of their doors. Not sure how D.C is organized, but if it is similar to Houston then it depends on were they started walking.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6559...6!9m2!1b1!2i38
^^^^
Here's the ghetto Apartment complex

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6532...6!9m2!1b1!2i38

^^^
Here's the neighborhood

Old 08-21-2017, 10:57 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Why are people taking the word of the white girls over what some black students said?

Bias is showing right there.

However,how is saying "Make America great again" racist?

Old 08-21-2017, 10:58 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
LOL

Quote:
"Get over it" huh?
Yes. Do you not respect the notion of the natural right to freely express, peacefully, political beliefs?

Quote:
You better have this same attitude about Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem.
Of course I do. because I am not a hypocrite regarding the 1st Amendment right to express political opinion. I also support the right of anyone to burn the US flag.

I wonder if you do, too. Prolly do. But, do you also respect the right of another to fly the Confederate battle flag? Or do you limit that right to those AntiFa morons who wave the Hammer and Sickle flag?

Are you equally offended by leftist morons who wear the oh so cool Che T shirt?

Quote:
No it doesn't. It says the same about both. One wants a reaction and the other gives one. They both are guilty.
Did you agree with Trump in his criticism of the Charlottesville rioters from both sides?

But, no. They are not both equal in "guilt".

We are not deemed to be "guilty" in the USA for peacefully expressing our political opinion. Dis you skip Civics class, or did your school simply not offer these classes? Or, was the notion simply too difficult to grasp?

Quote:
No, it's not completely different.
Of course it is.

Quote:
Whether it's a sports logo or political clothing, one is intentionally taunting others, wanting to incite a reaction. It just so happens one is hiding behind the Constitution, so they can play the victim card.
This ignorance is part of the reason we are in such a state today.

Yes, there is an important difference.

Of course anyone should be permitted to wear any sports logo they wish, anywhere without a fear or risk of violence against him/herself. How is wearing a sports logo considered taunting? Grow up! If you are triggered by a sports logo, you have emotional problems and are likely an idiot. But, the Constitution does not address your right to nor prohibit you from wearing any sport logo. There are normal laws that punish the morons who are guilty - actually "guilty" - of assaulting and or battering someone for the "crime" of "taunting" by sports logo...

Notwithstanding the obviousness of the above, sports logos are not protected speech/expression under the 1st Amendment. But, Political Speech/Expression is in fact protected by the 1st Amendment.

How the heck is pointing out these facts equal to "hiding behind the Constitution"?

Quote:
Don't know why I'm even entertaining this low-brow response. Just the usual drivel about the 1st Amendment, followed by the tired, "If you don't like it, you can leave" response.
Comments regarding the 1st Amendment are "low-brow" and "drivel"? No wonder our US citizen populace is so ignorant of our laws and the manner and way that our nation was founded.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 08-21-2017 at 11:08 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post

Yes. Do you not respect the notion of the natural right to freely express, peacefully, political beliefs?

Of course I do. because I am not a hypocrite regarding the 1st Amendment right to express political opinion. I also support the right of anyone to burn the US flag.

I wonder if you do, too. Prolly do. But, do you also respect the right of another to fly the Confederate battle flag? Or do you limit that right to those AntiFa morons who wave the Hammer and Sickle flag?

Are you equally offended by leftist morons who wear the oh so cool Che T shirt?

Did you agree with Trump in his criticism of the Charlottesville rioters from both sides?

But, no. They are not both equal in "guilt".

We are not deemed to be "guilty" in the USA for peacefully expressing our political opinion. Dis you skip Civics class, or did your school simply not offer these classes? Or, was the notion simply too difficult to grasp?

Of course it is.

This ignorance is part of the reason we are in such a state today.

Yes, there is an important difference.

Of course anyone should be permitted to wear any sports logo they wish, anywhere without a fear or risk of violence against him/herself. How is wearing a sports logo considered taunting? Grow up! If you are triggered by a sports logo, you have emotional problems and are likely an idiot. But, the Constitution does not address your right to nor prohibit you from wearing any sport logo. There are normal laws that punish the morons who are guilty - actually "guilty" - of assaulting and or battering someone for the "crime" of "taunting" by sports logo...

Notwithstanding the obviousness of the above, sports logos are not protected speech/expression under the 1st Amendment. But, Political Speech/Expression is in fact protected by the 1st Amendment.

How the heck is pointing out these facts equal to "hiding behind the Constitution"?

Comments regarding the 1st Amendment are "low-brow" and "drivel"? No wonder our US citizen populace is so ignorant of our laws and the manner and way that our nation was founded.
You need to tell your fellow Trump supporter mtl1 this as he is triggered by foreigners and languages other than English.

BTW no one is arguing that the girls didn't have a right to do what they did. People are just arguing that they shouldn't act like victims and say oh! the constitution when their verbally assaulted on campus. Again I think both sides did the wrong thing. But one side the black college students no matter how wrong I think they may be actually believe MAGA especially after Charlottesville is racist lingo an MAGA to them is MAWA. Make America White Again. These girls do not do anything to help these beliefs that MAGA isn't a racist symbol by acting the way they did. Since I don't believe MAGA is racist, I just don't like Donald Trump, I act accordingly, but If someone purposefully walked around my campus in say a KKK costume, I wouldn't be surprised if I did something irrational. They are hiding behind the constitution by abusing their right to free speech. It's like all those fake YouTube pranksters that do stupid things like ask people in the "hood" if they want to get shot (talking about a syringe but purposefully misleading to make it seem like a gun). Then they scream "Its a Prank Bro!" when their about to get jumped.

Just imagine if someone walked into a circle of Crips screaming Cripkiller and dressed in all red. Saying F crips etcetera. If they got beat up stabbed or shot. You wouldn't excuse the behavior of the crips but you wouldn't be happy with the victim either, he was asking for conflict. In the same way going to a place wearing a hat were many people things represent MAWA instead of MAGA and feelings are still raw from nearby Charlottesville (A few hours away from D.C and has a Uni there too). I guess some of them might feel like they would expect that MAGA environment in outer areas of NOVA or at their hometown, but not in the place were they feel most at home with people who are mostly ideologically similar. (Note for No_Recess, I am not calling these college students Gangsters etcetera)

Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
Quote:
I find it funny how amused Trump supporters are, considering how sensitive and thin-skinned they act when anyone dare trolls Trump or makes fun of his appearance.
Lefties are worse because when you troll Obama (or them), they start whining by calling you racist, sexist, etc....

Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Free Speech: 1
BLM: 0
Left: 0
National Media: 0
Communism: 0

Old 08-22-2017, 12:42 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. While they have the right to do so, and while man of the young Black college students seem to have lost their minds, this doesn't help anything.
So, did Paris deserve the bombings and shooting because their cartoonist should have known better than to make fun of Islam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies