Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 01:18 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You need to tell your fellow Trump supporter mtl1 this as he is triggered by foreigners and languages other than English.
Actually, I don't need to do anything. SCOTUS has ruled that the right to free political speech includes the right to not speak.

Anyway, I think you guys are completely missing his obvious point.

Quote:
BTW no one is arguing that the girls didn't have a right to do what they did. People are just arguing that they shouldn't act like victims and say oh! the constitution when their verbally assaulted on campus.
If the MAGA cap-wearing girls were entitled to do what they did (and they certainly were), then why should they not complain that the Howard girls assaulted them and stole their property?

Come on. Think!

Quote:
Again I think both sides did the wrong thing. But one side the black college students no matter how wrong I think they may be actually believe MAGA especially after Charlottesville is racist lingo an MAGA to them is MAWA. Make America White Again.
Even if they believe that, they are responsible for their own actions and reactions, and the control of their emotions.

It is dangerous to argue that assault, battery, and theft are justified due to offense at mere words or clothing.

Quote:
These girls do not do anything to help these beliefs that MAGA isn't a racist symbol by acting the way they did.
Irrelevent.

Even if MAGA did equate with/to MAWA, it is still protected political speech, despite the ugly nature thereof.

You are not entitled to assault, batter, and or commit theft against others due to political speech with which you disagree. If you argue that assault, battery, and theft of personal property is justified in such circumstances, then you open a door to horrible possibility.

Quote:
Since I don't believe MAGA is racist, I just don't like Donald Trump, I act accordingly, but If someone purposefully walked around my campus in say a KKK costume, I wouldn't be surprised if I did something irrational.
Something irrational? Like what? Tell the person he/she is stupid? That would be OK. Rip off the person's robe? That would be battery and theft. You do not have the right or entitlement to that kind of irrationality.

Quote:
They are hiding behind the constitution by abusing their right to free speech.
No, they are not.

They are exercising their Constitutionally protected natural right to freely and peacefully express their political opinion.

Where do you people get the notion that this equates with "hiding behind the Constitution"?

Quote:
It's like all those fake YouTube pranksters that do stupid things like ask people in the "hood" if they want to get shot (talking about a syringe but purposefully misleading to make it seem like a gun). Then they scream "Its a Prank Bro!" when their about to get jumped.
Its nothing like that.

Such pranks are not the type of speech protected by the 1st Amendment.

Quote:
Just imagine if someone walked into a circle of Crips screaming Cripkiller and dressed in all red. Saying F crips etcetera.
Where is the political or peaceful aspect of this speech?

Quote:
If they got beat up stabbed or shot. You wouldn't excuse the behavior of the crips but you wouldn't be happy with the victim either, he was asking for conflict.
Not at all analogous with what the MAGA cap-wearing girls did at Howard.

The MAGA cap-wearing girls at Howard expressed in a peaceful manner their political opinions. Nobody at Howard was reasonably threatened. The reaction of the Howard girls was unlawful assault, battery, and theft of personal property.

Quote:
In the same way going to a place wearing a hat were many people things represent MAWA instead of MAGA and feelings are still raw from nearby Charlottesville (A few hours away from D.C and has a Uni there too).
Its not at all the same.

Quote:
I guess some of them might feel like they would expect that MAGA environment in outer areas of NOVA or at their hometown, but not in the place were they feel most at home with people who are mostly ideologically similar.
Our Constitution takes into account that there are many diverse ideologies among our populace. That is precisely the reason that our founding fathers included as the 1st Amendment in our Constitution an explicit reminder that peaceful political expression is an unalienable right of the people - all of the people. Nobody has a right to assault, batter, or commit theft against those with whom they disagree on political ideology.

This is not a difficult concept to grasp, people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 02:19 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Hey I don't wear my "make Donald drumpf again" hat anywhere I know there will be lots of trumpettes so I don't trigger them...

Old 08-22-2017, 02:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
If black students were wearing Obama hats or shirts in a predominately white college and were threatened with being beat up and had that their hats stolen and racial slurs thrown at them, there would be a civil right lawsuit , the media would be outraged at the racism.

But black bigots are fine. Why do we even have "black colleges" anyway ,they are terrible schools .
To be fair: till about 50-60 years ago: "Black" people could NOT go to some of the regular colleges cause of Jim Crow laws.

Word was HU was a decent school since it did NOT put up with hood rat drama AND most of its students were hardcore about education.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:39 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
What you see them as and what they are really don't go together. Those of yous who don't like the BLM matter groups can stay away. Hell, if I have to look at billboards I don't like for a while, it won't kill me, so having to look at BLM folk won't hurt you either. Put your big boy/girl britches on.

Your last sentence is VERY ironic!!

Old 08-22-2017, 03:44 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
What ridiculousness can we expect from the left next?
More whining and crying about their sagging wet diapers and that their pacifier is not a binkie pacifier!

https://www.google.com/search?q=bink...w=1509&bih=646

Old 08-22-2017, 04:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't know what to tell you. I can spot an American native from a foreigner a 1/2 mile away sometimes. Most of them make a point of sticking out like a sore thumb or being provocative.
Wow, those are some mad skills you have there. Very impressive.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:28 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
They should not have been cursed at or threatened, but they also should have had better manners than to do something they knew was likely to be so provocative.
You can tell how the students behaved towards the white girls that they are not attending a college that respects civility. Graduates are just hoodrats with a piece of paper.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And who exactly thought this was a great idea?

A bunch of narcissist ladies who thought it would be fun to provoke in order to get attention, that's who. They knew what they were doing, and can feign ignorance and turn it back on those who got upset.

Students at Black College Express Fury as White Girls Wearing 'Make America Great Again' Hats Tour Campus - Fox Nation
Tough. People are too thin skinned.

Get over it.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:57 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
So violence is OK if people "FEEL" offended. These "girls" should be arrested, and prosecuted for assault, and battery.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:31 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
What you see them as and what they are really don't go together. Those of yous who don't like the BLM matter groups can stay away. Hell, if I have to look at billboards I don't like for a while, it won't kill me, so having to look at BLM folk won't hurt you either. Put your big boy/girl britches on.
Are then also suggesting that the Howard University students need to put their big boy/girl britches on too and not be afraid of a hat worn by a 16 year old girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies