Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 03:14 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It is interesting to see how these very anti DNC threads always attract about two pages of posts that agree.

These posts happen very fast.

Then come posts that seem more impartial that say both parties are a mess.

Finally come the posts that the GOP is the one really in a mess.

Oh wait, the GOP only cares about cash flow as a measure how it is doing.

It ignores the polls and town hall meetings that GOP Congressmen are afraid to host.
They've been advised to not hold them after the lefty shot at Republican members of Congress. Everyone knows the left is mentally unstable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The preamble and some of the text is a good place to start.

General Welfare legal definition of General Welfare
It does no such thing.

"...provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare..."

The government IS responsible for providing national defense, but has no such responsibility to provide health care or any other means of public assistance program benefits. It says so right there in the preamble.

Mistakes like your interpretation happen when one lacks reading comprehension skills.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And in other news the Republican Party cannot agree on what they are not going to get accomplished next.
Do you think the repubs would be any better if they did agree?

Old 08-23-2017, 03:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Nope. We do not hate white males; many of us are married to white males and we happen to love them. We are not against anything on your list, we are not haters. We are for single payer health insurance, against wars...I don't know where you get this stuff about being against the first amendment or the Founders or any of the rest of it. We generally are not for the extremely right wing version of "Christianity" but many of us are religious. Most of us don't watch Fox News but there are middle of the road websites that we read. We are moderate and very much the same as Republican moderates. Don't stereotype us all as extremists just because you are an extremist.
Bolded for emphasis. Yea you dems are really against wars. It's just that you vote people in who aren't. And your last candidate had no problem committing troops and weapons to nation build. Benghazi was a perfect example of that. This is why I can't trust the left. You will have those who are against involvement in the Middle East but they don't vote that way. Maybe you were a Bernie supporter who didn't vote for hillary, if so good for you.

The time when the left speaks up about being anti war is when a repub is in the White House. Besides Gabbard from Hawaii and Grayson from Florida there aren't many more in Congress who spoke up about our involvement in the Middle East when obama was in office. The biggest obstacle to our freedoms and our prosperity and the left fell basically silent the last 8 years. Granted the right has been deaf for a long time on this but at least you know where you stand with those blood thirsty savages.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:46 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...aster-n2371335

But, I thought according liberals online tr Democratic Party is in the best shape it has ever been in and is guaranteed to win the next elections thanks to Trump?

Makes me want to watch election night coverage again, just to relive the "no path to victory" idiots melt down. That was the best TV I've seen in.......maybe my entire life. Delicious.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Makes me want to watch election night coverage again, just to relive the "no path to victory" idiots melt down. That was the best TV I've seen in.......maybe my entire life. Delicious.
Have to agree... Classic!!!

Old 08-23-2017, 04:26 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
The Liberals are running out of diapers! They need something stronger, to prevent wetting their pants so much.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
For those frothing at the mouth in their hate for Dems/liberals consider this, In Trumps speech last night he called for unity and getting together ,how would you accomplish such a goal?

Old 08-23-2017, 06:05 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,301,402 times
To me there isn't anyone to vote for. I am white and a working-class Southerner. I do feel as if the Democratic Party views me as inherently privileged even though I grew up so poor we didn't have anything to eat, or that we lived in a house with a hole in the roof or that despite having worked hard to obtain a graduate degree (along with loan debt in what should be a decent career field) I have had difficulty in finding work. I should be a core Democratic voter.

I am pro GLBT, pro national healthcare, anti-big business political power.

But...
I also hold our nation's history as something that should garner some level of respect. As I previously said, I am a Southerner and I have ancestors who fought for the Confederacy (poor Appalachian farmers), twenty of my ancestors fought in the American Revolution...and I believe that the Democratic Party cares little for this. I also believe they care little for opiod addicted people in Appalachia, poor people in general regardless of skin color. And I do believe (after having spent time in DC looking for work) that the Democratic Party in general views working class Southerners are the garbage of the country.

On the Republican side, I get why people gravitate toward it given the statements out of the Democratic Party. However, the GOP pursues removing health insurance from people who could not otherwise afford it. Giving tax credits to large corporate farming companies and oil producers, protecting telecommunication monopolies, appealing to social conservatives who believe they can use the force of law against the private lives of other Americans.

Neither of these political factions have any of my best interests at heart; nor do they have the best interests of the United States at heart either.

Y'all are crazy.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:31 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
To me there isn't anyone to vote for. I am white and a working-class Southerner. I do feel as if the Democratic Party views me as inherently privileged even though I grew up so poor we didn't have anything to eat, or that we lived in a house with a hole in the roof or that despite having worked hard to obtain a graduate degree (along with loan debt in what should be a decent career field) I have had difficulty in finding work. I should be a core Democratic voter.

I am pro GLBT, pro national healthcare, anti-big business political power.

But...
I also hold our nation's history as something that should garner some level of respect. As I previously said, I am a Southerner and I have ancestors who fought for the Confederacy (poor Appalachian farmers), twenty of my ancestors fought in the American Revolution...and I believe that the Democratic Party cares little for this. I also believe they care little for opiod addicted people in Appalachia, poor people in general regardless of skin color. And I do believe (after having spent time in DC looking for work) that the Democratic Party in general views working class Southerners are the garbage of the country.

On the Republican side, I get why people gravitate toward it given the statements out of the Democratic Party. However, the GOP pursues removing health insurance from people who could not otherwise afford it. Giving tax credits to large corporate farming companies and oil producers, protecting telecommunication monopolies, appealing to social conservatives who believe they can use the force of law against the private lives of other Americans.

Neither of these political factions have any of my best interests at heart; nor do they have the best interests of the United States at heart either.

Y'all are crazy.
Well said. Unfortunately people have taken to rooting for political parties as if they were football teams. Neither side is willing to eject their crazies or admit they have crazies, they just want the other side to eject their crazies. I don't know how long this current cycle will go on, but I do encourage you to keep saying this to anyone who will listen. Maybe there are enough people like you out there to do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies