Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 11:05 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,246,203 times

Advertisements

Bring it on, I'm ready.
Let's see how the cowards who run around dressed in black with black masks really like it when people go after them. I bet they all will have to change their panties when the party is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 11:08 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think in some ways that is exactly what Trump is hoping to start...
then he can declare martial law...
bring in some army units that have the same alt-right mind set (and they DO exist) or Federalize some southern National Guard units or police departments...
or hire Betsy DeVos's brother (Blackwater) to "protect the nation"...

Husband has worried for while about this--ever since the 08 market/housing crash

I agree that following the media too closely heightens anxiety but there is a lot of rage in today's society which manifests itself in various ways

I just don't think a country that has been built around guns and vigilante justice is going to turn the other cheek if push really comes to shove...
There are plenty of liberals --not just antifa--and minorities who own guns...that is not just alt-right goon territory...we just don't flash them in 7-11...
lmao,,,you and your husband are blind partisans if you think it's Trump that's hoping to start anything. Just look at how the MSM (Leftists) are putting Antifa on a pedestal and making excuses for their violence. That only emboldens them. If ANYONE starts anything, it will be them, with the help from Democrats, DNC and the media.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
As a society we have to be intolerant of intolerance. It is the only way...
Ok, that means being intolerant towards Leftists. I'm down with that.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:12 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I never hear anyone talking about it except here or the TV
This is very true. And of course the liberal-biased media plays it up to the hilt (nothing new).

And we know that the majority of these so-called activists are organized and paid by George Soros.

Amazing that some think President Trump is dangerous and they're wrong, they're as wrong as they can be.

George Soros, Al Sharpton and their cronies are the ones to fear.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Right... I know every time I want to celebrate free speech rights, I break out the Nazi flag and start screaming about Jews.
Right, anytime I imagine fighting Fascism, I only come up with using Fascist tactics.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:23 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Well I just heard a report about an active shooter in Charleston. If anyone is wanting senseless, stupid violence it's here. Careful what you wish for....

Old 08-24-2017, 11:25 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Bring it on, I'm ready.
Let's see how the cowards who run around dressed in black with black masks really like it when people go after them. I bet they all will have to change their panties when the party is over.
Ah yes, the love of harming your fellow americans who disagree with you. What a patriot, and OH SO brave!

Civil wars are among the worst horrors imaginable, anyone cheering on the idea of one in the US is among the worst examples of humanity.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:45 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, the love of harming your fellow americans who disagree with you. What a patriot, and OH SO brave!

Civil wars are among the worst horrors imaginable, anyone cheering on the idea of one in the US is among the worst examples of humanity.

So you denounce Antifa, Black Bloc and BLM! Thank goodness some of the liberals are waking up.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:09 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
What does Communism have to do with this issue? Intolerance cannot be tolerated. Period. Societies where intolerance is tolerated become intolerant societies as the intolerant gain the upper hand. Intolerance, hatred, racism, etc... are not new here but they were something to be embarrassed by. We now have a president that has given the green light for these types to come out of the shadows and be proud.

Why do you think I want to live in a Communist country? I'm politically moderate left but I guess in your mind that make me a communist. Meh, whatever floats yer boat...
What you said in your post are communist traits. Everybody has to think the same; nobody can have a independent thought. Where did you learn such crap? What you just described is what the left is doing right now. I am 71 years old and have never seen such hatred in this country in my lifetime. You may make people speak what you want to hear but you can't make them like it. Good and evil will always battle each other. Better let people speak their thoughts freely so you know who is who and what you are dealing with.

Just in case you don't realize it, I think you need to know a communist movement is what we are dealing with right now. Obama was raised by a communist leaning mother and had many communist friends. He hates America because we are a free country but it looks like that will not be lasting long. It is terrible that people are being fired and bullied just for saying what they think. Trump is the same age I am and we both see the wrong direction this country is headed. We are a nation of laws that many of you think should be ignored. I fear for the next generation but my faith thinks it will be O. K. Please learn to think for yourself. The country you save may be yours. And even more important; learn you don't know it all and learn to respect the speech of others. People marching saying to hate other groups of people will never take hold in a free speech country.

Out of the whole country the groups demonstrating in Charlottesville have about 5,000 members. The ones we all need to be concerned with is that 40,000 college indoctrinated marchers in Boston. That many people drinking false Kool Aid is problematic.

Last edited by NCN; 08-24-2017 at 12:26 PM..

Old 08-24-2017, 12:12 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,634 times
Quote:
Right wing terrorism is already an issue here in the US. It could get worse if we don't snuff them out. I say this on a right wing terrorist supporting site.
And here is an example of why we're getting close.

Last edited by finalmove; 08-24-2017 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies