Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:53 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times

Advertisements

How close do you think we are to large scale politically driven violence?

There are wackos out there for sure, but most citizens are not inclined to violence, and I don't see any reason for it.

I think the narrative is some kind of SHTF survivalist/prepper wet dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Interesting. I do not think everyone has to think the same. Multiculturalism is a good thing. This country is made up of many. I am saying that we, as a society, need to not tolerate people who wave nazi flags and shout, "Jew will not replace us" and nazi statements of "blood and soil." If that make me a communist in your mind then I am a communist - to you.

I'm not sure what you are talking about in regards to Obama. He was a great president and is missed. For someone that supposedly hates America, he took one of the hardest jobs of the land leading America. I think we should call him what he really is - a capitalist. That is a better descriptor.

I do agree with your statement, "People marching saying to hate other groups of people will never take hold in a free speech country." Hint: a swastika armband gives you away as one of those people marching for hatred. I hate nobody but I do not want those that do hate any power or sense of entitlement. That will bring us down a dangerous road.
You contradicted yourself in the first paragraph.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
All this partisan nonsense is entertaining, but it's finally reached a point where it's looking like something much deeper than your typical partisan bickering. I have friends that are actually planing on relocating from the city to the burbs because they fear major politically driven violent conflicts are inevitable at this point.

A year ago I would have thought they were nuts, but I have to be honest, I I have liberal friends and family that are angry enough to throw rocks and set fires, and I have conservative friends and family that are angry enough to return the favor with gunfire. At some point you got to think one of these alt-right groups is going to masacre one of these alt-left groups. One gunshot from a group like antifa is enough to set one of these gun happy militias into a frenzy that will result in something this country hasn't seen in a very long time. If that happens it's going to set a precedence, and I fear that this country won't be the same. I fear it could lead too many more similar confrontations creating a level of divide that could change the very way we live in this country.

I used to work with a guy from North Ireland that had some pretty crazy stories. It seems unreal that we could be so close to the same type of violence in this country.
I think you need to stop watching the liberal Fake News media. It's starting to rot your brain...

Old 08-24-2017, 09:04 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You contradicted yourself in the first paragraph.
Fine, there are certain ideas that are so abhorrent that they do not belong in a civilized society. I'm not sure why this is so tough for you? We do not tolerate pedophiles, murderers, and Nazis. That does not mean we are against multiculturalism. OMFG, are you a Nazi?

Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Alt Left is trying to stir up as much chaos as possible, and using violence to do it. However, take a good look at the participants. Skinny jean wearing pajama boys, and ugly, fat "women" with masks. They couldn't fight a butterfly. No, there will be no "war". The Left is too weak, and weak minded.
The thing is, we are making a mistake of getting mad and fighting them. They are spoiled children-meet them with the scorn and ridicule they deserve. Don't throw rocks at them, throw Binkies and diapers. Heck, maybe sing them a damn lullaby. Don't reward a tantrum with the kind of attention these spoiled children want. Show them just how stupid they look to the adults in this country.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
I made reference to the idea there could be military units that might support the alt -right agenda
Maybe some thought that or that Trump would use confrontation as excuse to create martial law was too sci-fi or too partisan...

I know the military has rules that make belonging to alt right groups a violation of policy and grounds for disciplinary action up to ejection...
But this article aught my eye...

Note that a second guy who was dumped from the military is also mentioned as being caught chasing/ fighting counter protestors...
Leader of Charlottesville White Nationalist Group Was Marine Recruiter | Military.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies