Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So you denounce Antifa, Black Bloc and BLM! Thank goodness some of the liberals are waking up.
I know you meant it to be sarcastic, but I denounce violence by those groups. Have you done the same with the alt-right? The KKK? The outright nazis?

QUICK, whats the facts-who has murdered more in the last few years? The far left, or the far right? (let me help you, its the far right by a VAST margin)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 06:25 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Nothing is going to happen.

But it's good to stock up on water and stuff in the event of a natural disaster.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:13 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I am totally worthless at making just about any type of prediction.

But, things are very, VERY tense and divided.......I could see a major event setting off some sort of bloodbath......sort of a tit-for-tat thing.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:21 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
All this partisan nonsense is entertaining, but it's finally reached a point where it's looking like something much deeper than your typical partisan bickering. I have friends that are actually planing on relocating from the city to the burbs because they fear major politically driven violent conflicts are inevitable at this point.

A year ago I would have thought they were nuts, but I have to be honest, I I have liberal friends and family that are angry enough to throw rocks and set fires, and I have conservative friends and family that are angry enough to return the favor with gunfire. At some point you got to think one of these alt-right groups is going to masacre one of these alt-left groups. One gunshot from a group like antifa is enough to set one of these gun happy militias into a frenzy that will result in something this country hasn't seen in a very long time. If that happens it's going to set a precedence, and I fear that this country won't be the same. I fear it could lead too many more similar confrontations creating a level of divide that could change the very way we live in this country.

I used to work with a guy from North Ireland that had some pretty crazy stories. It seems unreal that we could be so close to the same type of violence in this country.
We aren't. It's media overblown at this point.

Just a tiny fraction of jerks and people off their meds on the far right and left.

Now sure, there could be localized urban rioting, that's not to be ignored but in general the economy is wayyyy too good for anything to get serious.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We aren't. It's media overblown at this point.

Just a tiny fraction of jerks and people off their meds on the far right and left.

Now sure, there could be localized urban rioting, that's not to be ignored but in general the economy is wayyyy too good for anything to get serious.
The economy is way to good where? Not in America. Don't want to loose that minimum wage job?

Old 08-24-2017, 07:48 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The economy is way to good where? Not in America. Don't want to loose that minimum wage job?
Working 7-12's right now so I'm doin' fine here in DFW... x1.5 over 8 hours and all day Saturday, and x2 on Sunday.

If it wasn't we'd just go somewhere else.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Ok, that means being intolerant towards Leftists. I'm down with that.
LOL, yeah, ain't that the truth. Have a good one!

Old 08-24-2017, 08:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What you said in your post are communist traits. Everybody has to think the same; nobody can have a independent thought. Where did you learn such crap? What you just described is what the left is doing right now. I am 71 years old and have never seen such hatred in this country in my lifetime. You may make people speak what you want to hear but you can't make them like it. Good and evil will always battle each other. Better let people speak their thoughts freely so you know who is who and what you are dealing with.

Just in case you don't realize it, I think you need to know a communist movement is what we are dealing with right now. Obama was raised by a communist leaning mother and had many communist friends. He hates America because we are a free country but it looks like that will not be lasting long. It is terrible that people are being fired and bullied just for saying what they think. Trump is the same age I am and we both see the wrong direction this country is headed. We are a nation of laws that many of you think should be ignored. I fear for the next generation but my faith thinks it will be O. K. Please learn to think for yourself. The country you save may be yours. And even more important; learn you don't know it all and learn to respect the speech of others. People marching saying to hate other groups of people will never take hold in a free speech country.

Out of the whole country the groups demonstrating in Charlottesville have about 5,000 members. The ones we all need to be concerned with is that 40,000 college indoctrinated marchers in Boston. That many people drinking false Kool Aid is problematic.
Interesting. I do not think everyone has to think the same. Multiculturalism is a good thing. This country is made up of many. I am saying that we, as a society, need to not tolerate people who wave nazi flags and shout, "Jew will not replace us" and nazi statements of "blood and soil." If that make me a communist in your mind then I am a communist - to you.

I'm not sure what you are talking about in regards to Obama. He was a great president and is missed. For someone that supposedly hates America, he took one of the hardest jobs of the land leading America. I think we should call him what he really is - a capitalist. That is a better descriptor.

I do agree with your statement, "People marching saying to hate other groups of people will never take hold in a free speech country." Hint: a swastika armband gives you away as one of those people marching for hatred. I hate nobody but I do not want those that do hate any power or sense of entitlement. That will bring us down a dangerous road.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:34 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Reading between the lines there's way too many RWNJ's itching to play with their assault rifles.

Get out of the blogosphere for a little while and see the real world.

Sheesh

Old 08-24-2017, 08:47 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
I marched with friends in anti Vietnam protests of more than 500,000 persons. We were not violent. Nothing got broken.

The current random incidence of childish and destructive petty violence is easily put down by competent police actions. The truly ironic thing is that both groups far right and far left will both create the world they don't want. Locked down, gassed, and arrested with long sentences. They both fight for something which has long ago been shown to be unworkable. They are also collections of uncommitted losers. When we marched we did not have time for games like these childish malcontents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies