Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

No. As a resident of a U.S. territory, I cannot vote for anyone. However, I would never vote for Trump. I am glad to see people being vocal in their support and lack of support for him.

I am glad the rest of the world sees that the real USA is not as it seemed under former President Obama and that people like Trump and his supporters exist and hold highly problematic views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 12:07 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No. As a resident of a U.S. territory, I cannot vote for anyone. However, I would never vote for Trump. I am glad to see people being vocal in their support and lack of support for him.

I am glad the rest of the world sees that the real USA is not as it seemed under former President Obama and that people like Trump and his supporters exist and hold highly problematic views.
The poll is for people who can legally vote in our elections. Why would you vote in this poll?

Old 10-09-2017, 12:34 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I read lots about how everyone dismisses polls about Trump, because they were wrong about him getting elected in the first place. I'm curious what such a poll among people in this forum might look like...

If it were time to vote again, would you re-elect Trump? Yes or no, and why?
I vote for Pedro. And Vodka.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:38 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Pharoah View Post
This is why I have zero hope for mankind.

People openly and willingly accept such corruption and bs.

Some how these cronies have convinced the population this is acceptable and there can be no better, we simply must choose between two terrible options.

God help us lol
That you view our circumstances and/or my opinion as any sort of open and willing acceptance of such corruption is clear indication you don't understand what I'm talking about. Don't know that I can explain any better, however, but at least stop misrepresenting those of us who are simply trying to deal with the reality that remains the same for all of us regardless how frustrated any of us may become. At least this, please, have mercy.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
There has never been any such thing as I am suggesting to occur in the US.

You went to small scale stuff without much fire behind it.

If millions angrily march on capitals all over the US and refuse to leave until change is made, i guarantee you will not be left with such a feeling.

But that will never happen as people all have the same defeatist attitude and choose to accept such thievery and corruption.
If, if, if...

Yes, if that then maybe. Until then, you are engaging in nothing but wishful thinking. Nothing more and nothing less.

I wish people were more politically active, less apathetic, knew better what was going on around them, less accepting of wrong-doing, better educated, less bigoted, more tolerant of others, less violent..., and if only people would think more about these things and do better. If only...

But wait until the world improves before we cast our vote for who is going to assume what is arguably the most powerful office in the world? Like it doesn't matter who assumes that responsibility? Nonsense!

Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
People like to tell me that I don't have a voice because I don't vote but as you said the way the system is set up I don't see the point. All I do see is people are letting their biased views, religion, race get in the way of voting their brains. The biased news doesn't help either when one state counts for 5 votes and another counts for 20, how is that right? One vote for ONE person. Not voting for me is my way of protesting against the system I guess that makes me Un-American to most people on here, but it sure as hell beats wasting a vote based on what I stated above.

As I've said before voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil, how do people justify that? A crook is a crook no matter if they steal $1.00 or $100,000. We have a crook in the oval office now had one before him and odds are we'll have another one in 4 years.

Wake up people!
You worry about people maybe thinking you un-American because you don't vote, but I doubt you will find more people who don't agree with your sentiments and frustration...

Thing is though, there are already an alarming number of people who don't bother to vote because of our many problems and issues politically speaking. The number of no-votes doesn't register or matter anything like the votes that determine who is going to become POTUS, and who becomes POTUS matters, a lot!

I just can't understand people who don't get this...

Do whatever else you feel is appropriate to help improve or better our system, alleviate those frustrations, but to allow others to decide who is going to run the country? To me that's like a child leaving to his parents who he/she is to marry. Comes a point!

Right! Wake up for crying out loud!

Old 10-09-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Of course this would probably have to spread by word of mouth and social media. Or a really big famous figure coming out speaking on it.
I've often thought our greatest hope lies with a leader who can motivate enough people to "move the needle." The problem, however, is that so many people in America are not of like mind when it comes to what sort of country America should be. One thing is to appear pure of heart, honorable, respectable, fair, not corrupt, intelligent and reasoned, but all that goes out the window once a political leader starts pointing in a direction that is either left or right. Once that begins to emerge, the side that doesn't agree begins to call that leader a liar, an enemy of the people, a traitor.

In part this is why I am quite sure we can't ever hope or expect political peace or harmony in this country. Forever it will be a question of whether the majority of Americans are enough in number to provide enough of a mandate to accomplish at least some progress -- any progress.

That's about as much wishful thinking we can rationally expect all considered in this country at the present time, and that's plenty wishful thinking enough for all of us given what we have to work with today! In the meantime, voting for next best who WILL assume leadership is important and necessary.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
naw, no civil war needed.

the only thing needed is for people to get their head out the sand and demand better from their government.
If, if, if only that and if only people would also better understand a good deal more about what is going on around them, so that rather than do nothing, we actually vote in terms of choosing better over worse, as that choice is always there, rather than waiting for perfect...

The same problem arises in so many other places, at work, at home. The perfectionist who can't get anything done because that perfection is not possible while others will get as much as possible done regardless the imperfections. Progress is by no means perfect and perfection is not what determines progress.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Based on what we know now, would you vote to re-elect Trump?

I didn't vote for him the first time but after reading months of crap here on C-D by deranged people I might have to vote for him twice if he runs again.
A comment like this, without so much as a clue or example to demonstrate what is "deranged," is hardly much better, but I've read plenty "deranged" from both sides. This leaves us with the unfortunate choice of deciding what is the least deranged voice to follow...

Old 10-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yes, I would have still voted for him. He's disappointing and ticking me off, but he's still doing the one thing I voted for him to do over Hillary Clinton. Elect a conservative leaning judge for the supreme court, just so us gun lovers stand a chance against the lunatic left.
When the love of guns seems to trump all other political issues, one really has to wonder where sound reason and judgement ends and the lunacy begins...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies