Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 07:23 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Rush is a fool of the highest order.
I bet Rush found an old stash of Oxy he had hidden, and well.... yippee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 07:24 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I've yet to see any evidence or pictures showing that a hurricane is headed towards florida...so I fully agree. Just another lie perpetuated by the dishonest liberal media
You are cracking me up!

I love it

Old 09-06-2017, 07:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Good Grief some Conservatives are complete Idiots, yes by all means ignore the radar images, the Navy, Coast Guard, National Weather Service, and all those conspirators in Congress and the Whitehouse. Seems like ignoring Facts and Reality have become the norm for some Americans.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:38 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good Grief some Conservatives are complete Idiots, yes by all means ignore the radar images, the Navy, Coast Guard, National Weather Service, and all those conspirators in Congress and the Whitehouse. Seems like ignoring Facts and Reality have become the norm for some Americans.
Gotta believe those are troll posts no one is that stupid to think Irma is a conspiracy. Maybe if you were a paranoid schizophrenic you might have such a delusion.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rush wasnt saying that irma itself was a liberal conspiracy, but rather the panic they induce when these storms are first noted and tracked.

the media creates a panic situation, and the people go out and buy up all the bottled water they can get their hands on, despite the fact they already have a clean source of pre hurricane water they can tap into. its right at their own faucets. they can fill up empty bottles of water and store that and not have to go to the store and hope that there is water left on the shelves.

same with building supplies like plywood, 2x4s, etc.

because once the media starts pushing the panic button, the businesses in the area start pushing the advertising to sell every bit of product they have.

and that is where the conspiracy is. pushing the panic button several days out without knowing the true track of the storms in question.

and while preparation is a good thing, panicked preparation isnt.
and then Rush went to commercial and scared his listeners into buying lifelock, 3 month dry food supplies and emergency kits just in case NK drops a bomb on America.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:49 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,562,078 times
Quote:
I've yet to see any evidence or pictures showing that a hurricane is headed towards florida...so I fully agree. Just another lie perpetuated by the dishonest liberal media
Here ya go.

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 04-03-2019 at 08:07 AM..

Old 09-06-2017, 07:52 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,562,078 times
Hey did anyone here every watch the soap opera General Hospital, where Port Charles was controlled by a madman with a weather machine?

Maybe that's where Rush and fellow conspirators got the idea. Do you have to pay royalties for stealing an idea from a soap opera?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:03 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and then Rush went to commercial and scared his listeners into buying lifelock, 3 month dry food supplies and emergency kits just in case NK drops a bomb on America.
Pretty much. Of course he does that when there is no imminent disaster threat too.

I guess when the gov does it, it's creating panic, but when the fat one does it, it's being prepared.

Maybe this will cause more people to stop paying attention to him. I devoutly hope so.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Pretty much. Of course he does that when there is no imminent disaster threat too.

I guess when the gov does it, it's creating panic, but when the fat one does it, it's being prepared.

Maybe this will cause more people to stop paying attention to him. I devoutly hope so.
There will always be easily manipulated fools eager to lap up the drivel being spouted by populists like Limbaugh and Trump.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:12 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Looking through your posts on the matter, I really, truly hope you or a family member or friend live somewhere in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies