Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rush wasnt saying that irma itself was a liberal conspiracy, but rather the panic they induce when these storms are first noted and tracked.

the media creates a panic situation, and the people go out and buy up all the bottled water they can get their hands on, despite the fact they already have a clean source of pre hurricane water they can tap into. its right at their own faucets. they can fill up empty bottles of water and store that and not have to go to the store and hope that there is water left on the shelves.

same with building supplies like plywood, 2x4s, etc.

because once the media starts pushing the panic button, the businesses in the area start pushing the advertising to sell every bit of product they have.

and that is where the conspiracy is. pushing the panic button several days out without knowing the true track of the storms in question.

and while preparation is a good thing, panicked preparation isnt.
The Conservative Governor of Florida and close friend of Trump declared a State of Emergency several days ago for all counties and strongly urged everyone to prepare, including stockpiling a gallon of water per person, per day.

http://www.flgov.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rush wasnt saying that irma itself was a liberal conspiracy, but rather the panic they induce when these storms are first noted and tracked.

While you and i know what he was trying to say many of his listeners may take it to mean there is no storm its all a contrived liberal media fake news story, very irresponsible to downplay the devastating nature of this storm, its big and its dangerous and its going to destroy a large area of where it lands.If panic is whats happening its better than being complacent about it.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:15 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I've yet to see any evidence or pictures showing that a hurricane is headed towards florida...so I fully agree. Just another lie perpetuated by the dishonest liberal media
There is no way you really believe that, right? You are kidding?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post

At least he didn't blame Obama or Hillary

Give it time.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Seems like accusing the democrats of faking a hurricane seems more like Alex Jones.

I honestly didn't know Limbaugh was that crazy, I thought he was just an idiot.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:09 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Looking through your posts on the matter, I really, truly hope you or a family member or friend live somewhere in Florida.
you can't smell the sarcasm in his post?

Old 09-06-2017, 09:16 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
I will never understand people like Limbaugh. He knows better. Regardless of which track this storm takes, it is wise for people in the potential path to prepare early, even if the storm goes east of the Florida peninsula and ultimately dissipates. We live in a time when it is possible us to know that major storms are forming over the Atlantic and to exercise due caution. That is a tremendous blessing that saves lives. For anyone to discount it as conspiracy is terribly irresponsible.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
By Wednesday or Thursday, you won't need a picture. Irma will come ashore then.

Until then ,just know the folks in Florida believe a hurricane is coming their way, not a conspiracy. No one needs to stock up water and board windows if a conspiracy is coming.
Please don't feed the Trolls.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:23 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you can't smell the sarcasm in his post?
Normally I would, but if you read through his/her posts it makes you wonder if he/she was being serious.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:25 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While you and i know what he was trying to say many of his listeners may take it to mean there is no storm its all a contrived liberal media fake news story, very irresponsible to downplay the devastating nature of this storm, its big and its dangerous and its going to destroy a large area of where it lands.If panic is whats happening its better than being complacent about it.
I don't believe most people if any are that stupid, do you seriously believe they are or could be?

If anyone has ever listened to Rush for more than 3 seconds you'd know he's sarcastic and sometimes deals in hyperbole to get a point across...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies