Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 03:56 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times

Advertisements

I guess you can't change ignorance. Looks to me like Limbaugh knows he's stirring the pot but thinks nothings wrong with doing it. People are easily led. I never used to think like that until I see all of these Koolaid drinkers on TV. This is the kind of unquestioned loyalty that lead to dictatorships. Wake up people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 06:29 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This post has reminded me that after Irma we have to analyze Melania's shoe choices all over again when she visits the disaster area.

If you have a vise folks, I suggest putting your head in it and begin turning the lever.
A vise? You lack imagination my anarchist friend. A hydraulic press would much more exciting for spectators.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:37 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Irma hits Puerto Rico after damaging Barbuda and St Martin | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if Rush is staying put or moving to higher ground?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I guess you can't change ignorance.
Not exactly. Ignorance can be replaced by knowledge. But only if the recipient isn't stubbornly stupid.

Stupid is forever. Those who have it take it with them to the grave. The dumb can't be made smart any more than a mouse can become a mastiff.

Quote:
Looks to me like Limbaugh knows he's stirring the pot but thinks nothings wrong with doing it. People are easily led. I never used to think like that until I see all of these Koolaid drinkers on TV. This is the kind of unquestioned loyalty that lead to dictatorships. Wake up people.
They're proud of their ignorance.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
^ Just to show how stupid he is - which is amazing because he lives in Florida! - we hear this from him:

Now, I don't live in Florida, but my mother lives north of Orlando. She tells me whenever there is a blackout she has no tap water, because the water she gets runs from pumps. No electricity = no working pump = no tap water! I don't claim to know if all of Florida is like that, but I assume that at least a good minority of it is like that. And if that's the case, whenever the inevitable hurricane-induced power outage arrives, a whole lot of people won't have that tap water that Rush claims they will have!

Rush =
Did you actually read what you posted? It would seem to me he's addressing people RUNNING to the store to buy bottled water and screaming that it's all out and instead suggesting people fill up containers at home from tap water because in most cases it's the same thing.
Ever hear of Dasani Water? Filtered Atlanta TAP water.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Limbaughs game is to express much opinion and dress it up as facts.
Just like the MSM, isn't that interesting...

Old 09-07-2017, 08:04 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Did you actually read what you posted? It would seem to me he's addressing people RUNNING to the store to buy bottled water and screaming that it's all out and instead suggesting people fill up containers at home from tap water because in most cases it's the same thing.
Ever hear of Dasani Water? Filtered Atlanta TAP water.
I already addressed that objection here. Most people don't happen to have large supplies of empty bottles in their house, so they might as well go out and buy bottled water if they can.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You know, people around here are freaking out about this storm, they are fleeing, and scared and panicking. And the governor keeps saying "this is incredibly dangerous--worse than Andrew (which traumatized S. Floridians for years)."

And it is looking more and more like Broward and Palm Beach County are going to get it really bad. So our 'good neighbor' Limbaugh is spewing his usual disgusting garbage, and our 'good neighbor' Trump is in N. Dakota pushing his political agenda.

Limbaugh is an evil twisted moron. Trump is just a moron. Trump ruins our lives every weekend in the winter to play golf and entertain at his luxurious home, but when the lives of his neighbors are threatened--he could not care less. He better stay away in the aftermath--he will be booed. Guess he used up all his fake goodwill visiting Texas this week. Lol. Man of the people? What a joke.
Okay Mr. President, what would YOU do? C'mon, you're quick to criticize what would be your plan?

Old 09-07-2017, 08:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Don't believe your lyin' eyes. Gotta buy into hate radio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Just like the MSM, isn't that interesting...
Well, well, well...

SOMEone has been assimilated...

Old 09-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I already addressed that objection here. Most people don't happen to have large supplies of empty bottles in their house, so they might as well go out and buy bottled water if they can.
So, nobody has the presence of mind to go buy some empty water containers knowing there's going to be a bottled water shortage as there is in EVERY emergency or instead start filling up whatever containers they do have with tap water is bad advice?

The point is, instead of running out in a panic to buy bottled water look to use the resources you already have, most people nowadays don't look farther than their nose. They want and look for "convenience" aka easy, aka lazy.

Before you ask, yes, I have (4) empty 20 gallon food grade water containers plus a few 10 gallon water bottles sitting in my garage and I don't live in a disaster area.
I know several people (Mormon friends) who have a couple 100 gallon food grade totes sitting in their side yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies