Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2017, 01:28 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
The right is so paranoid that even natural disasters are liberal conspiracies.

At least he didn't blame Obama or Hillary
I'd hope not, as that would be acting like the leftist kooks blaming more hurricanes on man-made global warming, ergo Bush was responsible for Katrina.

Trouble is that massive hurricanes have been going on since before the industrial revolution, AND they have diminishing in frequency in the last few decades.
But again, that did not keep many liberals from blaming (R's) for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 01:29 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
If Limbaugh said it raining I would look out the window and check.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I used to listen to him every day, and did it for several months. He said nothing to win me over.

Listen to him for maybe 10 minutes over the span of the week when I'm in my car going to lunch.

Doing so enables you to gauge with pinpoint accuracy what many right wing trolls on this and other forums will push threads on. It's uncanny. It's almost as if they are being controlled by a puppet master and have absolutely no minds of their own. Between him and Hannity's shows you pretty much have what 95% of right wing internet warriors spread. the rest are the real nuts, the Alex Jones crew.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:33 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
The point he made (quite clearly, I might add) was that people in the storm's path could fill containers with water from their home taps PRIOR to the storm's arrival (while water service was still intact, incidentally), thereby insuring they would have at least some water on hand for the emergency. Drawing water from the tap PRIOR to the storm would, of course, achieve a key preparedness goal far less expensively than if they wasted precious preparation hours waiting in line to buy bottled water (assuming any is in the stores to be had in the first place.)
If you read through the hurricane threads in the Florida section, you'll find out a lot of people are already doing that and similar things (such as filling up their bathtubs with water beforehand). But just because people can do that, does not mean that also buying bottled water is a bad thing; after all, unless you happen to have a large store of empty bottles in your house, you might as well go ahead and buy bottled water anyway, if you can.

He basically used the event to make a political point (where none exists) about bottled water. He tried to make bottled water out to be some liberal conspiracy, when you can be sure that as many conservatives buy bottled water as do liberals. It's a convenience.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:35 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rush wasnt saying that irma itself was a liberal conspiracy, but rather the panic they induce when these storms are first noted and tracked.

the media creates a panic situation, and the people go out and buy up all the bottled water they can get their hands on, despite the fact they already have a clean source of pre hurricane water they can tap into. its right at their own faucets. they can fill up empty bottles of water and store that and not have to go to the store and hope that there is water left on the shelves.

same with building supplies like plywood, 2x4s, etc.

because once the media starts pushing the panic button, the businesses in the area start pushing the advertising to sell every bit of product they have.

and that is where the conspiracy is. pushing the panic button several days out without knowing the true track of the storms in question.

and while preparation is a good thing, panicked preparation isnt.
You're correct. But, as usual, it's more entertaining for some to ignore the facts and instead jump on the Twist and Shout bandwagon: Twist a person's words around to suit their own agenda and then Shout lies about the person.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:36 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
I guess it takes a blow hard to know a blow hard.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:28 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Listen to him for maybe 10 minutes over the span of the week when I'm in my car going to lunch.

Doing so enables you to gauge with pinpoint accuracy what many right wing trolls on this and other forums will push threads on. It's uncanny. It's almost as if they are being controlled by a puppet master and have absolutely no minds of their own. Between him and Hannity's shows you pretty much have what 95% of right wing internet warriors spread. the rest are the real nuts, the Alex Jones crew.
yep, I used to listen to him to get the 411 on right wingers during elections..

I could finish their sentences...lol

What's really funny is anytime a caller makes a good point they go to commercial. "We're up against a hard break, God Bless America, we will be back"

but if someone was trashing a Dem and making the dumbest points you ever heard they talked to them for an extended period of time.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hurricane Irma is gathering strength over the Atlantic Ocean as it heads towards the Caribbean. Already rated Category 5, it is expected to make landfall in Florida by the end of the week, with many worried about a repeat of the havoc caused in Texas and Louisiana by Hurricane Harvey.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limb...205856331.html
You know, people around here are freaking out about this storm, they are fleeing, and scared and panicking. And the governor keeps saying "this is incredibly dangerous--worse than Andrew (which traumatized S. Floridians for years)."

And it is looking more and more like Broward and Palm Beach County are going to get it really bad. So our 'good neighbor' Limbaugh is spewing his usual disgusting garbage, and our 'good neighbor' Trump is in N. Dakota pushing his political agenda.

Limbaugh is an evil twisted moron. Trump is just a moron. Trump ruins our lives every weekend in the winter to play golf and entertain at his luxurious home, but when the lives of his neighbors are threatened--he could not care less. He better stay away in the aftermath--he will be booed. Guess he used up all his fake goodwill visiting Texas this week. Lol. Man of the people? What a joke.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:00 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Instead of trashing Limbaugh, at least listen to his show for a week and make up your own mind.
I listened to him, for a few years off and on.

He was a constant source of headaches. I can't stand the way he sounds, I can't stand the way he thinks.

One way to get me to jump out a window would be to lock me in a room with that blaring at me. Sheer torture.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:01 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Doing so enables you to gauge with pinpoint accuracy what many right wing trolls on this and other forums will push threads on. It's uncanny. It's almost as if they are being controlled by a puppet master and have absolutely no minds of their own.
Like bees in a hive.

Or zombies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies