Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 03:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times

Advertisements

wow, and this thread continues. It's been debated right side up, upside down, backwards 50 times. Obviously some people are so fixated on their skin color thats all they can talk about. wow maybe they feel like their getting their 15 minutes, who knows.

Last edited by petch751; 09-09-2017 at 03:50 AM..

Old 09-09-2017, 03:40 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
White men claim to do all of this. But they suppressed women because they were afraid they would be superior to them. And yes, they were. Scientific advancements to put our men on the moon was because of black women who were way more knowledgeable and advanced than any men in that field. And who is butthurt lol
Hate to burst your bubble but the movie was more than a little embellished. Not to minimize the women's contribution, but any of us in the Space business can be replaced. There really aren't that many Einsteins in the business. The job always gets done.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:47 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I'm not going any further on this tangent. I asked for people to name something that blacks systematically had power over whites and one of your friends said "Affirmative Action". It's common knowledge that people of all races benefit from it. And this isn't something blacks instituted, we don't run and operate some Affirmative Action office somewhere. White men qualify for scholarships specifically for being white at HBCU's. HBCUs have to have some non-blacks there. You magically skipped that whole post i'm guessing. Many white women are considered minorities.

Nobody can show me any proof of blacks systematically weilding power over whites in America. And I'll say it again, you're going to bring up individual crimes and call it power. Power would be if blacks routinely got away with said crimes. Blacks are over-represented in the prison system with overlap onto innocent blacks (Innocence Project can prove this).

What the majority of you try to pass off as black-to-white racism is either crime (which is punishable and not systematic) and name-calling.
I knew that before you wrote it. Just had to force you to admit that you've got nothing.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:03 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
What power do blacks have over whites systematically in the US? I'm guessing your going to mention individual crimes that blacks end up going to prison for. Power would be blacks routinely harming whites and not being convicted. That's power. You're most likely talking about individuals crimes though.
This was your original comment that I replied to with "Affirmative Action?".

You consider Blacks harming whites and getting away with it as power. I consider having an unfair advantage in job seeking, or education opportunities as a form of power. While you continue to harp on other races having the same advantages as blacks, when it comes to Affirmative Action, you are being ridiculous. The whole program was designed to be in the favor of blacks. A member of any other race taking advantage of the program is strictly anecdotal.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why is that a real question? Unless these people control Wall Street, the Military Complex, the FBI and CIA and all the major institution, etc......who cares what they say or think?

Racism is deeply embedded in money and power. African Americans constituted the majority of the wealth of the USA 150 years ago. All the sweat of their brow was taken by bankers, corporations, institutions...which were ALL 100% white. It wasn't the other way around.

get a clue. One thing is not like the other.
link?

Old 09-09-2017, 06:47 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
link?
Wildly incorrect speculations of the insane.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lmao You just made that up. It has no value.

That is something you made up. And again you have nothing to back it up with. I have used facts. You make things up.

That is something you made up. Again why don't YOU tell everyone here why single parenthood in the black community has sky rocketed and is many times higher now vs the Jim Crow days if it's about racism. Besides the war on drugs. That has some influence.

Is there more big government welfare now than there was 50 years ago? Did family take care of family back in Jim Crow days or did government?
The Theory of relativity is something that Einstein "Made Up". You do not discredit an argument or theory by saying that it is "made up". You DISPROVE it.

You responded to a challenge that I presented. In that challenge I CLEARLY stated that one must assume equality between blacks and whites in their innate abilities....and I also mentioned parenting. In other words, if you followed the instructions, you would have never mentioned single parent households because if one assumes that blacks naturally love and are naturally as responsible as whites there should not be any discernible difference in then single parent rates between blacks and whites. Yes, I made that up too. Its called LOGIC via deduction and induction. If A = B....and if B = C.....am I making it up by concluding that A = C? Yep...I made it up because I performed the logic.

You are in way over your head and therefore you are trying to keep this debate on a elementary level using elementary retorts like "You made that up". Whatever statistics you like to use, the fact is that some entity made that up too. They made it up by gathering data and extrapolating or taking polls. You cannot, however, prove those statistics true. You just accept that they are. Besides, I have never asked for proofs.....I have only asked people to share their BELIEFS. Whether or not a person is a racist is based upon their BELIEFS about what explains things like racial inequality in outcomes. T his is why you are avoiding stating your beliefs and have engaged in obfuscation and redirecting the question to me.

Now, again. What is your BELIEF for the large gap between blacks and whites in the rate of single family homes? This is not hard. Its a simple question and I know you have an answer...so why are you afraid to share it? I asked you the question, don't turn around and ask me whats the answer. This is about your beliefs as a conservative, since conservatives are always complaining that they are the VICTIMS of being falsely labeled as racist by liberals. Hence, I have given this opportunity to demonstrate and you choose to obfuscate. Obfuscation, misdirection and deflection, as well as ignoring the challenge completely, is a sign a person is hiding something or do not want to admit something.

You asked why the rate of single parent homes is worse now for blacks than it was during Jim Crow. Its true that the rate is 3 times worse now, for blacks, than during the end of Jim Crow. However, the rate is 5 times worse now, for WHITES, since the end of Jim Crow. Thus, its OBVIOUS that the GROWTH in the rate since Jim Crow is NOT A BLACK THING. In fact, the rate of growth a the very least, is the same between blacks and whites since that time. However, DURING JIM CROW, the rate for blacks was 3 or 4 times the rate of whites.

Thus....I ask you again. Why is the rate higher for blacks than whites? Assume I already know you are LOL or lmao and assume that I know that my reasoning is my own...ergo.....that I made it up....so don't waste your time typing it in your response....or just tap out the debate.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-09-2017 at 08:40 AM..

Old 09-09-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Wildly incorrect speculations of the insane.
undoubtedly.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
link?
There are various ways to measure the value of slaves...

I think the "property" value of the human beings at the start of the Civil War was 3.5 Billion dollars.

"...by 1860, there were more millionaires (slaveholders all) living in the lower Mississippi Valley than anywhere else in the United States. In the same year, the nearly 4 million American slaves were worth some $3.5 billion, making them the largest single financial asset in the entire U.S. economy, worth more than all manufacturing and railroads combined. "

(note - that much money today is way into the Trillions)

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...merica/373288/

This, of course, doesn't cover the compounded value of their work for the previous years. This would run into figures with a "present value" into the 10's or even 100's of trillions.

Add to that pain and suffering - and/or the economic losses under Jim Crow and it's fair to say the US - as it is - would not exist if we paid the bill. Remember, Slaves built even the US Capitol building.

The economy of the South was 100% based on slavery. The economy of the North....maybe 5 or 10% (the cotton, etc. was used up North) - and US Slavery also brought untold wealth to the UK (they also manufactured using the raw goods produced).

It's really tough to put a number on it due to all the compounding. There is simply nothing today which compares to it - that is, the economy of a very large "nation" totally dependent on on measureable class. But it WAS the South. That is, the South had virtually no economy outside of it.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
There are various ways to measure the value of slaves...

I think the "property" value of the human beings at the start of the Civil War was 3.5 Billion dollars.

"...by 1860, there were more millionaires (slaveholders all) living in the lower Mississippi Valley than anywhere else in the United States. In the same year, the nearly 4 million American slaves were worth some $3.5 billion, making them the largest single financial asset in the entire U.S. economy, worth more than all manufacturing and railroads combined. "

(note - that much money today is way into the Trillions)

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...merica/373288/

This, of course, doesn't cover the compounded value of their work for the previous years. This would run into figures with a "present value" into the 10's or even 100's of trillions.

Add to that pain and suffering - and/or the economic losses under Jim Crow and it's fair to say the US - as it is - would not exist if we paid the bill. Remember, Slaves built even the US Capitol building.

The economy of the South was 100% based on slavery. The economy of the North....maybe 5 or 10% (the cotton, etc. was used up North) - and US Slavery also brought untold wealth to the UK (they also manufactured using the raw goods produced).

It's really tough to put a number on it due to all the compounding. There is simply nothing today which compares to it - that is, the economy of a very large "nation" totally dependent on on measureable class. But it WAS the South. That is, the South had virtually no economy outside of it.
150 years ago was 1867. slaves didn't exist in the US and therefore had zero monetary value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies