Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 09:06 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Every race incident that happens in the news, you can always count on white conservatives implying that racism doesn't exist, that it's a conspiracy conjured up by liberals to harm "race relations" (I really hate that phrase). Is every incident of white-on-minority racism fake news or just minorities complaining for complaining's sake? So who are the actual racists then, if it's not white supremacists?

At the Charlottesville white power rally, who were all those white guys with the white power symbols voting for? Clinton? Did they all vote for Obama? Were they all "color blind, we're all just Americans trying to get along" type people?
No matter what anyone thinks, racism has always been alive and well in this country. It was dormant until Obama became president. They couldn't handle a black president though. All you have to do is read some of the past posts here. And this forum is small peanuts.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The real question is why do black, Hispanic, and white "Uncle Jamals" and "Aunt Jeminas" liberals deny that they are racist/misogynist against white males?
Why is that a real question? Unless these people control Wall Street, the Military Complex, the FBI and CIA and all the major institution, etc......who cares what they say or think?

Racism is deeply embedded in money and power. African Americans constituted the majority of the wealth of the USA 150 years ago. All the sweat of their brow was taken by bankers, corporations, institutions...which were ALL 100% white. It wasn't the other way around.

get a clue. One thing is not like the other.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:34 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You keep saying that about white males, yet you have provided no examples. You keep making such statements that are patently false. AA was set up to help those in certain minorities who were denied a fair shake in the past. This eliminates the white male from being considered. Please tell me how you have found a way around that so I can let my kids and grandkids to take advantage in the future. I would like to make sure they, at least, have an even playing field.
I'm not going any further on this tangent. I asked for people to name something that blacks systematically had power over whites and one of your friends said "Affirmative Action". It's common knowledge that people of all races benefit from it. And this isn't something blacks instituted, we don't run and operate some Affirmative Action office somewhere. White men qualify for scholarships specifically for being white at HBCU's. HBCUs have to have some non-blacks there. You magically skipped that whole post i'm guessing. Many white women are considered minorities.

Nobody can show me any proof of blacks systematically weilding power over whites in America. And I'll say it again, you're going to bring up individual crimes and call it power. Power would be if blacks routinely got away with said crimes. Blacks are over-represented in the prison system with overlap onto innocent blacks (Innocence Project can prove this).

What the majority of you try to pass off as black-to-white racism is either crime (which is punishable and not systematic) and name-calling.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:39 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You obviously don't know history - OR, you are cherry picking. Which is it?

Books have been written about it - but in simple terms, Lincoln was a Northern Urban pro-industrial liberal..and died for it. His foes were twofold:
1. The slave owners and supporters
2. Conservatives (yes, they were called that) who supported slavery but may have been in the non-slave states.

As anyone with even 1/2 a brain knows, the first real modern Progressive was Ted Roosevelt - who was a Republican when he took office. By the time he left office the GOP would no longer have him because he believed in progressive ideals, conservation, regulation of industry, etc.

And so - he had to start his own PROGRESSIVE party called the Bull Moose Party and run on that platform.

After that time, Republicans were solidly in the camp of Big Biz and against workers, regulation, etc. - their actions, as always, caused a massive Depression (Harding and Teapot dome was one of the MANY criminal acts of the Republican party in the last 100 years. I think about 20X as many Republicans in POTUS admins have been indicted or convicted of CRIMES - that's an important stat)......

Ok, so perhaps the destruction of the economy and criminal enterprises of the Republicans made sure that FDR was elected. He was also a NORTHERN URBAN LIBERAL - like Lincoln. Forget about political party and think about who was for the "Confederacy" and who was not. Who was for equality and who was not? Who was for a fair deal for working people and ALL Americans and who was not? Who fought the Nazis as POTUS and won the biggest victories in History?

So, let's move on a bit further. The one speck of truth in the BS spewed about democRATS is that the party was a strange coalition of Northeast Liberals (Irish, Italians and many others)....and so-called "DixieCrats" who were the Southern block. BUT, JFK, LBJ and MLK and others really pissed off these folks....and when LBJ signed the voting rights and civil rights bills, he said "we (dems, left) just lost the South for a Generation"...

Of course, he was wrong. We lost the South for two or three generations. He failed to see how deeply racism was a part of the South....and even of parts of the North (where many who moved there - Detroit, Ohio, etc. had come from the South for jobs)

And so, if we are speaking of our lifetimes - of the last 50 years or so - Republicans have fought tooth and nail against equality, against the working man (unions), against clear air and clean water and against free and fair elections. They have tried - and succeeded at time - to roll back the Voting Rights Act. They have tried hard to make certain that Women stay in their places (barefoot, preggy, worth less, no reproductive choice).

The Neo-Con variety has thrown us into endless war - which are costing us so much money that the idea of "investment" in the American people is almost impossible. Instead, MORE inequality (like in the slave days and Jim Crow) is being seen.

That is a short history of the modern Republican Party.
I do think one of the most telling stats is the amount of criminals in their administrations. Of course, there are the Great Recessions, Wars and the cheating on elections (purges, russians, comey, etc.)- and, now, at long last we have the Nazis and the REPUBLICAN KKK coming out and feeling that things are "good enough" for them to show their faces and be proud.

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Why are you so uneducated? Everything you just wrote is utter horse ****.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:59 PM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why is that a real question? Unless these people control Wall Street, the Military Complex, the FBI and CIA and all the major institution, etc......who cares what they say or think?

Racism is deeply embedded in money and power. African Americans constituted the majority of the wealth of the USA 150 years ago. All the sweat of their brow was taken by bankers, corporations, institutions...which were ALL 100% white. It wasn't the other way around.

get a clue. One thing is not like the other.
Your post shows that you haven't got a clue. I grew up in a black majority town and was the only white on my schoolbus for a couple of years....unless you are a white male and have done the same, then you are clueless and your mind is closed....again, why Trump was elected President. White males are tired of Democrat racism against white males.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Your post shows that you haven't got a clue. I grew up in a black majority town and was the only white on my schoolbus for a couple of years....unless you are a white male and have done the same, then you are clueless and your mind is closed....again, why Trump was elected President. White males are tired of Democrat racism against white males.
Why only white males? What about females? How are democrats racist against white males?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 PM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why only white males? What about females? How are democrats racist against white males?
White males built Western Civilization and the best governments, technologies, militarys, philosophies, economic systems, scientific advancements which has caused severe butthurt for liberals.

I've lived all over the world and currently in the Middle East....racism occurs everywhere in the world and this fake liberal idea that only whites are racists is laughable.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:58 PM

34,236 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
White males built Western Civilization and the best governments, technologies, militarys, philosophies, economic systems, scientific advancements which has caused severe butthurt for liberals.

I've lived all over the world and currently in the Middle East....racism occurs everywhere in the world and this fake liberal idea that only whites are racists is laughable.
And the false quest for extreme "fairness" in a UTOPIAN society is naïve, and harmful. The world is ultimately a MERITOCRICY. Changing that would mean changing the character of humans. Forcing that change just creates more prejudice, and unfairness, i.e. Affirmative Action.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
To quote an often overused response "You have no proof that it's not the result of racism. You are just making that up"..
lmao You just made that up. It has no value.

Quote:
That having been said, I asked you what the root cause is....not what it's not. In fact, I am not seeking any sort of proof, just your honest opinion based upon what you believe. You said it's not racism. I accept that as your belief. You said it's not black inferiority. I accept that as your belief. Then what is the cause? If you can't come up with anything, maybe you are not being honest about the former and latter declared beliefs.
That is something you made up. And again you have nothing to back it up with. I have used facts. You make things up.

Quote:
You are essentially saying that the root of the gap is neither externaly nor internaly rooted.....which makes no sense because the option is binary.
That is something you made up. Again why don't YOU tell everyone here why single parenthood in the black community has sky rocketed and is many times higher now vs the Jim Crow days if it's about racism. Besides the war on drugs. That has some influence.

Is there more big government welfare now than there was 50 years ago? Did family take care of family back in Jim Crow days or did government?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:

White men claim to do all of this. But they suppressed women because they were afraid they would be superior to them. And yes, they were. Scientific advancements to put our men on the moon was because of black women who were way more knowledgeable and advanced than any men in that field. And who is butthurt lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies