Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:08 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Called defending yourself.

Honestly, I wish EVERYBODY was like this. And my respect for you went up. That's being honest.
The KKK also claimed they were defending themselves and their families.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Why do white conservatives deny racism exists?
Because an Asian man named Robert Lee was pulled from announcing a game because of the racist nature of his name.

I think that covers it.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:11 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
you're asking a bunch of people that start history at 1970 to discuss racism. This is what you get.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
defending yourself is no problem. and i dont think defending yourself is at all racist, despite what some might say. and i didnt twist your words around, you said you were racist against racists, which is admitting to be a racist.

i call them as i see them, or at least try to. in all honesty, i think you used the wrong words in defending yourself. perhaps what you should have said is, i despise racism in all forms, and i dislike people that practice racism. however i selected my words carefully to show you, and others, how easily ones words can be used against them, even when they are actually innocently using them.

we have to be careful what we accuse people of, and we have to be careful judging people based on a few sentences in a political post.

from what i can tell, even though we tend to disagree on things, if we were to meet in person, i think we could very easily be friends.
Yeah that's what I wanted to convey. I don't take it lying down. I'm 1/2 southern European, it's a Mediterranean thing, nothing against anybody .

I get carried away a lot. That's my fault I would say. At least I can admit that.

I think so too. There's plenty of people on here that I would like to have a beer and barbecue with. That's why in real life, I NEVER EVER talk politics, and always change the subject. Cause I know I'll get carried away.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Here's my honest answer. No. It's stupid. Only racists are to blame, not whites in general. I blame those with the swastikas on their sleeves in Charlottesville, not the guy mowing his lawn and minding his own business.
Here's the deal. I take every person one at a time regardless of anything. I treat them at least as good as they treat me.

But I will cross the street to avoid a group of young blacks but wouldn't bother with any other group. That's not racism, that's common sense.

I bet you avoid them too.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:14 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
you're asking a bunch of people that start history at 1970 to discuss racism. This is what you get.
Preach!

Old 09-07-2017, 08:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Yeah that's what I wanted to convey. I don't take it lying down. I'm 1/2 southern European, it's a Mediterranean thing, nothing against anybody .

I get carried away a lot. That's my fault I would say. At least I can admit that.

I think so too. There's plenty of people on here that I would like to have a beer and barbecue with. That's why in real life, I NEVER EVER talk politics, and always change the subject. Cause I know I'll get carried away.
i think we all get carried away sometimes, even i do. but i always try to measure my words, even when i get carried away, because i want to get my point across and avoid insulting people. doesnt always happen though.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:15 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
There are far more racists of other cultures than caucasions, yet caucasions are the ones that are guilt shamed by the left. All racism is bad but the left doesn't care about all racism, they care about white on (insert race here) racism.

This of course is from 50 years of social conditioning from the media. Other cultures didn't have the privilege of our "enlightened" globalist overlords telling them to not be racist.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:16 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
That's one certain thing you can rely on in this forum. There's going to be at least 3-4 threads every day about race. You all are so infatuated with race, racism and skin color and anything and everything related to it. It's pretty funny and sad at the same time.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:18 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Here's the deal. I take every person one at a time regardless of anything. I treat them at least as good as they treat me.

But I will cross the street to avoid a group of young blacks but wouldn't bother with any other group. That's not racism, that's common sense.

I bet you avoid them too.
Yeah....but you will not acknowledge that the higher rate of crime most likely is the result of a history of racial oppression. Its racism to dismiss that the higher propensity of crime being a complication born from the legacy of racism and instead linking it to the nature of blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies