Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 06:01 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

What I find to be a pattern among whites is that many do not like the idea that something wrong or bad can be endemic to their race. Hence, they generally go into defensive mode (regardless if they are racist or not) and seek to protect the reputation of whites. This "protection" often takes the form of denial that racism is really a problem or an attempt to "normalize" racism as something not particular to whites, but commonly found in all races.

You have to understand that being a racist today is akin to being a pervert in regards to social stigma. Who wants to see themselves or have others see them as perverts? I mean, if it was normal to do what perverts do....it would not be a perversion. Thus, the goal of a racist or pervert is to "Normalize" the thoughts or behavior by making an argument that "everybody does it". That is the pattern I see among white posters in regards to racism, they either attempt to deny that it is really a problem or they seek to say that its a universal problem.

Now, that stands in direct contrast with another pattern that I have noted among white posters. There is a pattern and propensity among white posters to make negatives endemic to black people. There is no attempt to deny that crime is a real problem or to normalize crime as something that happens in all races. There is no attempt to normalize out of wedlock births as being among all races. There is no attempt to normalize personal responsibility, laziness or bad choice making, among all races. They tend to want it to be a black affliction......endemic to black people.....ergo....not normal.

It seems that there is a calculus, in the minds of many whites, that has to conclude with whites being superior over blacks. Hence, racism being a form of moral inferiority, can't be seen as endemic to whites. Whites generally refuse to believe that they can be inferior in any cognitive function, relative to blacks, as they generally see themselves as cognitively superior to blacks.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2017 at 06:11 AM..

Old 09-08-2017, 06:09 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
The day the left and media hold everybody to the same standard is they day I'll start respecting them. No giving free passes to blacks who run around destroying and looting their neighborhoods during protests while screaming bloody murder when a few neo Nazi whites do the same thing. Until then, you opinion doesn't mean bleep to me.

Same goes for holding women to the same standard as men during crimes. If a 25 year old schoolteacher having sex with a 15 year old student is so bad (I dont think it is) then at least give the female offender the same punishment as the male offender, which rarely happens.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:19 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
They take it as a personal attack....

and also because they are racist. lol.

Admitting racism exist is admitting some folks they despise might face a few more hurdles than them and who wants to admit that?

Old 09-08-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
The day the left and media hold everybody to the same standard is they day I'll start respecting them. No giving free passes to blacks who run around destroying and looting their neighborhoods during protests while screaming bloody murder when a few neo Nazi whites do the same thing. Until then, you opinion doesn't mean bleep to me.

Same goes for holding women to the same standard as men during crimes. If a 25 year old schoolteacher having sex with a 15 year old student is so bad (I dont think it is) then at least give the female offender the same punishment as the male offender, which rarely happens.
The "same standard" based upon a "snap shot" or a video? True story. There was a man being carjacked at gun point near a police precinct in the metro area that I live. There was a struggle that ensued between the criminal and his victim. Eventually, the victim was able to wrestle the gun away from the criminal. At that moment, the police arrived on the scene and shot the victim.

Now, what would render the best or proper judgement in that situation, a "snap shot" photo or a video the captured the whole incident? The photo only shows the moment in time that the police arrived and there was a man pointing a gun at another man. Based simply upon that photo, one cannot really discern who the good guy is vs who the bad guy is. However, when you play the video, you can clearly note how the whole thing unfolded.

I say that because "same standard" is obviously based upon a snap shot view as opposed to the video. There is really no "double standard" when you watch the video. The "same standard" in the incident I describe would mean that the police should shoot whoever had the gun, regardless of what transpired before they arrived.

White historical behavior earned them the greater scrutiny, however, if and only if, you ignore that history....does the harsher scrutiny become a double standard.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2017 at 06:47 AM..

Old 09-08-2017, 06:22 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Anyone who denies racism exists is not being honest.

Anyone who denies racism will always exist is not being honest.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
you're asking a bunch of people that start history at 1970 to discuss racism. This is what you get.
lmao.. true.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:28 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why do people say Blacks can't be racist toward other races?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ironic question from a liberal using fake stereotypes...

OP, the first two responses to your thread made your point for you LOL.

Many (but not all) folks on the right will do one of two things:

1) ignore your question completely, and counter with some other random question of their own, like the first response I quoted

2) ignore your question completely, and respond with some sarcastic comment that avoids the thread topic, like the second response I quoted.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:56 AM

27,579 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Why do progressives use the racist tag on anyone who does not agree with them?
That is the more relevant question.

If everything becomes racist, then the term loses all meaning.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That is the more relevant question.

If everything becomes racist, then the term loses all meaning.
BINGO!!!!

The was a Freudian Slip or projection. That is actually the STRATEGY of the right. They seek to make ALL disagreements that liberals have with the right to be a claim by the liberal of racism. They goal of the right is to actually make racism lose its meaning.....as opposed to the right losing their racism. Its a way to camouflage their racism by making it seem like the left is making EVERYTHING into racism, thereby casting doubt upon their legitimate claims.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:16 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What I find to be a pattern among whites is that many do not like the idea that something wrong or bad can be endemic to their race. Hence, they generally go into defensive mode (regardless if they are racist or not) and seek to protect the reputation of whites. This "protection" often takes the form of denial that racism is really a problem or an attempt to "normalize" racism as something not particular to whites, but commonly found in all races.

You have to understand that being a racist today is akin to being a pervert in regards to social stigma. Who wants to see themselves or have others see them as perverts? I mean, if it was normal to do what perverts do....it would not be a perversion. Thus, the goal of a racist or pervert is to "Normalize" the thoughts or behavior by making an argument that "everybody does it". That is the pattern I see among white posters in regards to racism, they either attempt to deny that it is really a problem or they seek to say that its a universal problem.

Now, that stands in direct contrast with another pattern that I have noted among white posters. There is a pattern and propensity among white posters to make negatives endemic to black people. There is no attempt to deny that crime is a real problem or to normalize crime as something that happens in all races. There is no attempt to normalize out of wedlock births as being among all races. There is no attempt to normalize personal responsibility, laziness or bad choice making, among all races. They tend to want it to be a black affliction......endemic to black people.....ergo....not normal.

It seems that there is a calculus, in the minds of many whites, that has to conclude with whites being superior over blacks. Hence, racism being a form of moral inferiority, can't be seen as endemic to whites. Whites generally refuse to believe that they can be inferior in any cognitive function, relative to blacks, as they generally see themselves as cognitively superior to blacks.
Any good analyst can draw conclusions from the raw data. Pretty simple. The inferiority thing is just a deflection from actual facts based on trending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies