Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 10:36 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't claim to be an expert on this. However, I believe that human outcomes are influenced by a combination of environmental, genetic and personal decision-making factors. It is complex. It's the "genes" part of it that causes the most alarm to liberals.

Of course, I don't agree with discrimination against individuals based on race or skin color when it comes to things like education, employment or housing.
Why would "genes" upset liberals when we white people already know we are at a deficit to Asians and Jews? All's fair in DNA and genes.....

This is actually where "white power" or "white nationalism" has it wrong. They think they are the smartest folks around (I think C-ville etc. proved otherwise)....

No, we "liberals" have no problem with the truth. It's what we seek - and, when we find it we APPLY it to betterment of the planet and mankind.

On the other hand, Conservatives seem to think "the earth is for drilling and if you won the lottery of birth that's good - otherwise, you are useless so please stay out of my gated community and golf club".

DNA is definitely pliable but this goes WAY beyond the races. This is perhaps why the USA engages in "forever war" because having millions of American exposed to horrible violence is one way to keep things status quo. I don't think I'd be the same person if I had been a grunt in Vietnam. (sure, some are lucky or well-suited or strong, but I am speaking for myself).

The same is true for domestic violence, poverty, substance abuse, lead and other environmental pollution and much more.

We are basically (the USA) self-destructive. While you can see it clearly in politics, it is evident in everything from infrastructure to violence to suicides to substance abuse...

Old 09-08-2017, 10:39 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Instinct cannot be passed by genes in just a few generations. Impossible.
I think you are wrong and current experiments are proving so.

But "instinct" is a fuzzy term. You'd have to be more specific.

BUT -
"New research suggests that experiencing intense psychological trauma may have a genetic impact on a person’s future children.

A study examining the DNA of Holocaust survivors and their children found similar variations from the norm in both generations for the gene associated with depression and anxiety disorders. The findings imply that children of individuals who experience profound stress in life may be more likely to develop stress or anxiety disorders themselves.

The pattern — known as an epigenetic change because it affects the chemical marker for the gene rather than the gene itself — suggests that profound stress in the older generation translated into an adaptation that passed on to the next, said Dr. Rachel Yehuda, director of Mount Sinai’s Traumatic Stress Studies Division and leader of the study."

I'd say you are "owned" on this particular science unless you want to start claiming science is BS.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:43 AM

322 posts, read 286,046 times
Because racism doesn't affect white privileged straight men so they think it's a conspiracy.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't claim to be an expert on this. However, I believe that human outcomes are influenced by a combination of environmental, genetic and personal decision-making factors. It is complex. It's the "genes" part of it that causes the most alarm to liberals.

Of course, I don't agree with discrimination against individuals based on race or skin color when it comes to things like education, employment or housing.
Personal decision making factors are either environmental or genetic. Yes, liberals have a problem when one uses the genetic causation to explain socioeconomic racial differences in outcomes. Linking the outcome differential to genetics/race......MEETS THE DEFINITION OF RACISM. Thus, why do not conservatives understand why they are called racist if the conservatives want to embrace the genetic link to these differentials?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:56 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What....you are speaking in riddles now? This is not twitter. You can actually EXPLAIN what it is you are actually trying to say without being cryptic or the Riddler. However, I think your strategy now is avoiding self incrimination. Thus, you are attempting to say as little as possible.
Hit that nail on the head, didn't I?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:07 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant
You don't INVEST in something that you think is inferior by nature. Hence, the verbiage used tells how the target is viewed. "Handouts" implies a negative ROI or LOI (loss on investment). If you believe in something you will naturally see spending to have a Positive ROI (return on investment).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Fish/Fisherman. If you don't understand that, you are part of the problem.
You can give a man a fish, and he will eat once. You can teach him how to fish, and he will eat forever. You never heard of that?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Hit that nail on the head, didn't I?
Well.....Obviously you have convinced yourself that you have.....but this is what I see. "SIiaoijaiojsl lksnakfovskm saf lasfdjolsfdijosl..foasdfioj"

Please decrypt your genius so that someone as slow as me can understand it.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2017 at 11:22 AM..

Old 09-08-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Instinct cannot be passed by genes in just a few generations. Impossible.
Recent research says that it is....via epigentics. https://www.whatisepigenetics.com/what-is-epigenetics/

Epigenetics Is Reversible. With 20,000+ genes, what will be the result of the different combinations of genes being turned on or off? The possible arrangements are enormous! But if we could map every single cause and effect of the different combinations, and if we could reverse the gene’s state to keep the good while eliminating the bad… then we could theoretically* cure cancer, slow aging, stop obesity, and so much more.

The permutations of the different combinations of genes being turned on and turn off implies the pliability of expression of ones DNA. The question is, however, how to you control the switching on and off. Research is showing that the mind plays a great role in this. It manifest, as an example, in the placebo effect.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I agree with what you have just said....100%!!!

By default, people will look at the world in its current state, minus the context of history, and likely conclude that the world order is the result of Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest. Those groups on top are naturally assumed to be their because they are superior and those at the bottom are naturally assumed to be inferior.

This is why CONTEXT is so important. History represents CONTEXT for the present. It provides an EXPLANATION/CAUSATION for the OBSERVATION of the present.

Think about this for a second. Try to explain the black condition of socioeconomic inequality assuming that blacks are totally equivalent to whites in their abilities and capacities. Meaning that that blacks ability to make choices is no better or worse than whites, that blacks have a natural tendency to work just as hard as whites, that blacks have a natural tendency to be as non violent as whites, that blacks have a natural ability to be as responsible, good parents, etc, etc.

What would then explain the different racial socioeconomic outcomes? Anyone can feel free to answer
To me, the fact that no conservative was willing to put forth the effort to engage this is very telling. The conservative cannot even bring him or herself to hypothetically consider that blacks are not naturally inferior in some way....and this natural inferiority is what accounts for the expression of socioeconomic racial differentials.

Obviously the assumption of ones own or group superiority is implicit in any condemnation or criticism of another individual or group. Hence, implicit in the constant criticism and condemnation of black behavior and the like, from whites, is a claim of white superiority, lest it represents the hypocrisy of making a distinction with no difference.

This is why conservatives get labeled as racist from the left. When you look deeper at the conservatives argument.....you find a foundation built upon belief in black inferiority.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Your entire posting history.

And the new little game being played by the left doesn't work, either. "If they deny it, it just means they are." The only people buying this load of horse spit is other brainwashed liberals. You all have no idea what your pushing is doing to your chances in upcoming elections. It's not going to go the way you think it will because 'racist' means nothing anymore, and while the left knows that and has now bumped it up to 'white supremacists', that doesn't fool anyone, either. Nor does the "their denial is proof, zomg1!!!!!!"

You'll never accept true history. If you did, you would never be a Dem/lefty/liberal/progressive/alt left.
I am still waiting for you to present the demonstration of my racism via my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies