Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 01:32 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we could use a separate thread for all the psychotic reactions from the left.

https://twitter.com/jedi_web/status/914911726424006656

The hatred of the left is truly amazing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 01:32 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
For all those on here who are speculating or acting like they "know" something, what we know about this guy's motives is nil. Absolutely nothing. We don't know if it was political, we don't know if it was gambling losses, we don't know if it was mental illness, we just do not know anything yet. Thus, nothing can be ruled out.

As to the weapons, I've heard any number of things but police confirmed he had in excess of 10 weapons in the room. One of the talking heads on the news said there were "fully automatic" weapons in there but then went onto say something about a semi-automatic (as in equating the two) so I wouldn't even say that's confirmed.

Usually the keyboard investigators find out enough via social media, etc to postulate on motives, etc but this guy was completely absent from social media by all accounts.

My guess is that the police will tell very, very little about motive at this juncture even if they have a handwritten flipping letter because of the intense media coverage. They're going to proceed with extreme care on what they release to the media and when.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:33 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
By that same token, we should outlaw abortion ... because some women might abuse it.
We should actually just outlaw childbirth, because some people abuse their children.
We should outlaw cars, because some people might crash them.
We should outlaw food, because some people eat too much.

See where I'm going here? You want to live in a world in which the asylum is run by the insane.
Slippery Slope fallacy in action. Example: If the government bans ( some dangerous medication) then eventually they will ban all forms of medication. If the government puts speed restriction eventually they will ban cars altogether. Your arguments are based in reality. Sorry

Old 10-02-2017, 01:34 PM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
the tools needs , the skills, the materials to produce weapons and ammo... and doing it on a large scale while remaining undetected... just nonsense. instead they would be illegally imported like every other nation. and they would cost an arm and a leg and get you sent to prison for decades thus nobody would want to be caught alive with a rifle...

Guns can be controlled we just lack the will to do it. It is an issue of culture. We must end the glorification of weapons.
Or, just enforce the existing laws and send them to prison for decades without bothering regular law abiding citizens. That was easy.

29,444 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Violent impulses are listed right in the side effects.

Without exception, as far as I know, every mass shooter has been on them. That's mental health treatment these days; fast and profitable...and dangerous.

Also prescribed for many other things: chronic pain, smoking cessation, etc.

If he really was medicated with something like this (this is just speculation for this conversation) , I doubt it would ever be disclosed. The ramifications of that discloser would be huge, I would think.

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Slippery Slope fallacy in action. Example: If the government bans ( some dangerous medication) then eventually they will ban all forms of medication. If the government puts speed restriction eventually they will ban cars altogether. Your arguments are based in reality. Sorry
Yes. Yes they are. I doubt you meant to type that, but your keyboard knows better.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:35 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,196,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we could use a separate thread for all the psychotic reactions from the left.

https://twitter.com/jedi_web/status/914911726424006656
As usual, one dopey person says something stupid and "the left" is to blame according to some.

In that case, when do I, as a woman, get to kick ALL men out of this country? After all, men in general must be to blame for these shootings, they've all been male shooters.....

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Criminals always get their guns for law abiding citizens (or stores). Be it through robbery, second hand sales or straw purchases.
Once again, WRONG!!!

Some criminals buy ghost guns. Many ghost guns are made in shacks in the Philippines with hand tools.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qwK1KgL_s

With metal 3D printers, soon guns factories can be set up anywhere.

Just like drugs, laws won't stop guns.

You seem relatively naive on this topic.

2,594 posts, read 1,240,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So are you saying that crime and criminals will cease to exist if there are no more firearms ? Or just gun related crimes ?

I mean, if you are saying crimes and all things bad will just plain cease to exist if there are no longer firearms in the U.S. , well then I might just some on the anti gun band wagon.
Gun related crimes, and guns makes crime and killing much much easier. This we can all agree on.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:36 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow, nice way of bringing up race into this.

How are what I posted excuses ? Seems to be those are where the majority of our firearms related issues come from in this country.
It may or may not be terrorism but the fact can't be ignored that he is being treated differently because he is white. Where are the accusations of him being a thug and an animal? Are we digging into his background and finding every little illegal thing that he did as a child? As soon as it was found out that the shooter was white, the excuses about mental illness began to come out. If this had been a Muslim, there would have been
calls for profiling and banning people from this country. If he had been black, he would have been a thug or an animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies