Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2017, 08:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I own a weapon- 380 but my preference would be a bazooka- no need to get my glasses to see - can I have one??? no--
but apparently like little children men can't control themselves - and they are stupid egomaniacs who kill our children . point-- we make laws for all because one dum freakadoo breaks it
Can someone translate this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
I own a weapon- 380 but my preference would be a bazooka- no need to get my glasses to see - can I have one??? no--
but apparently like little children men can't control themselves - and they are stupid egomaniacs who kill our children . point-- we make laws for all because one dum freakadoo breaks it
Yes you can...Just come up with the money and pay the tax. It's destructive device...

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
A cartoon pointing out some of the hypocrisy of the left, on this issue:

Dana Summers by Dana Summers for Oct 5, 2017 | Read Comic Strips at GoComics.com

Old 10-07-2017, 08:40 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Might want to take a look at countries like Australia that heavily restricted guns and haven't had a mass shooting in 21 years. Almost every other developed nation has heavy gun restriction, and their gun violence is astronomically lower than ours.

So yes, it works all over the world.
They had lower rates before their bans. "gun crime" is INCREASING in the UK, so much for your bans.

Most of the US is as safe or safer than any other country, it's YOUR liberal urban paradises that have a problem.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:41 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Actually, you can get a bazooka, or at least an RPG. It requires a lot of paperwork and a hefty fee, but it is possible.

Personally, as someone who spent my teenage years turning a portion of God's own rock garden into farmable soil, having an RPG would have made my life a lot easier when it came to removing boulders. Unfortunately, we didn't have the time, money, or determination to go through the hoops that the government required to get one. Instead, we made our own explosives to remove the larger rocks.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
For those who enjoy shooting, why can't the guns stay at the range? Why do they have to own the AR-15 privately if they can simply go to the range and fire it there? It's there a safe environment for military guns can be had. So you are still getting your fix and your skills won't be rusty. Owning the weapon is unnecessary.

I don't think there's much to be gained by fighting against an occupying American government. Yet if it did come to that, the answer here again is the gun range. The guns would be available there. You're right about Obama. He could have gone in and did something about the gun violence in these cities, but that is another topic. The gun violence going on in places in Chicago and Detroit, places that overwhelmingly effect black people, doesn't effect the average american. These mass shootings like the one in Vegas, is what captures people's attention. That can be stopped by banning military style weapons.
The shooter in Vegas was a multi-Millionaire, banned or not do you think honestly think he could not get one or a dozen. Then there is the sticky issue of all those "military" rifles out there, too late for those eh.
Deal will the Mental Health issue running amuck in this Nation and deal with the criminals that do not care what laws are passed, then get back to us.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:44 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Nope, that wasn't the intention. The founders never intended ordinary citizens to have military grade weapons. They intended well regulated state militias to be able to use muskets and other weapons of the day to protect the individual states.

The Founders absolutely never imagined the power that guns would have in modern times, and they never would have approved of individual citizens collecting 50 semi and automatic weapons to gun down concerts.

That is not the original intention of the 2nd Amendment, and the current state of this country would absolutely be opposed by the Founders. You are wrong.

And lol at individual citizens having nuclear weapons. What a ridiculous notion. So instead of the idiot in Vegas murdering 59 people, he can destroy New York City and 22 million.

Logic not even once.
I think it has been determined that the founders intended that ordinary citizens should be armed. You are wrong. It doesn't fit your liberal agenda so it must be your way.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison,*January 30, 1787

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison,*December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book*(quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

And many more said by the founders

Last edited by Scotty011; 10-07-2017 at 08:52 AM..

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
<>their gun violence is astronomically lower than ours.
<>
How so "astronomically?"
Usually we use this phrase to mean some big number. That does not apply if you are talking about smaller things. Maybe you meant "microscopically smaller"?
Here's your worldwide data from wiki:
"Assault by firearm resulted in 180,000 deaths in 2013
up from 128,000 deaths in 1990.
There were additionally 47,000 unintentional firearm related deaths in 2013."
According to the UN, " The global death toll from use of guns may number as high as 1,000 dead each day."
Astronomy has nothing to do with it.

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do you realize how few deaths in the U.S. are attributed to illegal use of either of these. How about we ban murder? Why do you want to take away my self defense of a home invasion with multiple assailants, and leave me, and my family unprotected? Don't you care about the children?
Of course they don't realize it. Anti gun nuts are totally ignorant on the subject and run on emotion, not logic or real information. They don't know what the current laws are, don't care who or where the overwhelming majority of "gun crime" happens, they just want to push their agenda.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:45 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,184 times
I'm not a huge 2A guy, nor do I own, or have ever owned a gun. I was in the Army for 8 years and routinely fired weapon. Can someone from the left answer these questions:

1. If someone is devious and intent on causing mass murder, how do gun laws do to stop it?

I know many would argue that it would make them less lethal, but that's not really the case. The largest mass murders in history have not been by gun. I know the issue gets clouded when people say mass shooting, but that is wholly inaccurate. You have mass shootings without casualties all the time. Just go to gun ranges and look at the mass shooting.

2. Is there really a distinction between mass shootings and mass murder?

This is the crux of why nothing gets done with gun laws. When the left talks about guns, after things like Vegas, it's correlation without causation. You can remove all guns, and you will still have mass murder. To highlight this, just look at the amount of explosive materials Paddock had. (If you do not think explosives would of been incredibly deadly in Vegas, you've never been to Vegas.) And yes, "mass shooting" is used to create a fabricated narrative at an appeal to emotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies