Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do conservatives want from their opposition
"Political Re-education" 9 37.50%
Lose their voting rights permanently 4 16.67%
Be imprisoned 2 8.33%
Be deported to a country of the conservatives' choosing 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 06:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why? I'm just asking a question here, because from what I have gathered here from this site, the conservatives will never vote for a liberal, and seem to not want us liberals to vote for liberals either....
so me not ever voting for a liberal is the same as sending you to prison?

you do realize that there are actual groups in America advocating violence against those they disagree with politically and they are nearly exclusively on the left? you know this right?

Old 10-13-2017, 06:52 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
So we should just yield to the Christian Theocracy that you want, where among other things, LGBT people are forced back in the closet?
Which Christian denomination calls for the persecution of LGBT&3_*E_I_E_I_O people in any way? Name them and show me the official doctrine, guidance or literature from their central organization that proves this.

I make this challenge because Catholicism has specific doctrine calling for compassion, understanding, etc of the non-traditional sexual orientations, and the major Protestant denominations from days of old (Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopal) all have similar guidance.

So that leaves the most often cited denomination, and only one sect thereof, as the boogeyman that makes all Christians guilty by association - the Southern Baptist Convention. See, First Baptists have called not only for compassion, understanding, etc...they have said that LGBT... should be allowed to participate fully in all parts of church life.

That literally leaves one mainstream denomination of Christians as the hardliners. But how hard is their line? It is mostly on the politics of framing LGBT stuff as a civil rights issue (which they absolutely reject), but they say the individual should be treated with compassion, understanding, love, etc.

Basically, read the guidance of any major Christian denomination and they are all basically the same - same sex anything (sex, relationship, marriage, etc) is a sin against the Sacrament of Marriage, and that won't change as it is the word of G-d, but those individuals who are wired this way should be treated with compassion, understanding, love, etc. No, the Christian faith will not redefine that which is sinful, but thou shall not persecute anyone because they sin. Help them find G-d's love, live the Christ-like existence to the best extent possible, love and forgive. Even the SBC is on that page.

If an individual goes against that an engages in their own campaign of persecution on the individual level, that defines them, not their church. The church is not teaching the intolerance you sa they are. That would be Islam you're thinking of, not Christianity.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:55 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
We want to be free to do as we want as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else, that isn't trying to impose our will on others.

For example, how does allowing gay people to get married and be happy impose on others?
I don't care if gays marry.

But forcing me to provide my labor to make them a cake for their wedding is imposing your will on me.

This is part of the concept of self ownership in Libertarianism.

But that live and let live philosophy must work in both directions.

I won't try to keep gays from getting married if they don't try to force me to provide my labor against my will.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:44 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Based on what I see from right leaning posters on this thread, who seem to hate us on the left with a vitriol usually reserved for child molesters or serial killers...
I don't hate anyone and you seem to be in the same boat albeit a different side.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
Quote:
We aren't trying to force our will, we want to do what we want and be happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

And the South (where you live) is only a part of America, it isn't America as a whole!
If your not trying to impose your will on us then pass these liberal laws in YOUR state not mine. Respect the 10th amendment and do not use the federal government to violate the rights of conservative states by imposing your will. If states rights were respected then most of this division would diminish and a live and let live mentality would take hold. Our founding fathers knew the country was different from region to region that is why the rights of states is protected.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
The poll is flawed, and evidence of what Far Left Nut Jobs think.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
To be left the F alone.
That sword cuts in both directions.

YOU want to be left alone.... But what if LGBTQ's want to be left alone? What if Muslims want to be left alone. What if Puerto Ricans DON'T want to be left alone, but prefer to be aided like Floridians and Texans?

You have to live in a world as if it were not centered (only) around you. Tough lesson for some...

Old 10-13-2017, 09:15 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The poll is flawed, and evidence of what Far Left Nut Jobs think.
The real thing we need to take from this is something my dad told me back in the 80s.

He told me anytime a liberal accuses a conservative of something, just watch, its the liberal doing it!

I have watched this and seen it true over and over.

The FACT is the PROG LEFT has articulated their desire to do every single one of the OPs accusations to non-Progs.

They have worked to get people fired.
they have beaten people to a bloody pulp
they have worked within the governmental structure of STATE Colleges to stifle First Amendment speech
They have worked within the legal system to persecute people of religious faith
They have written that speech is violence (the call it micro aggressions) and public universities have built policies around that concept, kicking conservative kids out of school for simply TALKING.
They have stated that non-PROGS should go to jail.

In every way the left has actually DONE everything the OP is accusing the right of THINKING.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The real thing we need to take from this is something my dad told me back in the 80s.

He told me anytime a liberal accuses a conservative of something, just watch, its the liberal doing it!
It doesn't sound like your old man was very bright.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That sword cuts in both directions.

You have to live in a world as if it were not centered (only) around you. Tough lesson for some...
The OP only wants to be left alone .... while the rest of us work to support the thug/druggie/welfare/Snowflake culture he venerates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies