Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 12:59 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Read the article, government has always been in the process.
It shouldn't be.

They should not be within the revenue stream of private health care facilities.

It's part of why costs are too high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 01:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Other people’s healthcare is not my problem. I am my problem, not the governments problem.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:02 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It shouldn't be.

They should not be within the revenue stream of private health care facilities.

It's part of why costs are too high.
Not the reality of it. They always have been.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Other people’s healthcare is not my problem. I am my problem, not the governments problem.
Great an honest answer, not my problem, thanks.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:14 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
There is lots of cheering going on here about gutting ACA because it cost too much. Government has always taken care of the health of the needy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...re-aca/521541/

So what now? When someone goes to seek health care they just get turned away to go home and die? If they are treated at a health care facility we pay through either a government reimbursement to the facility or through higher medical costs.
Do we take on the third work option of not allowing people to leave the hospital till their bill is paid?
I hear lots of stuff you don't like..be honest, what is your option? If it's just let them die, please have the guts to come right out and say it. Not my problem equals the same thing.
Health care is not a right. Sounds cold, but it's true. It's our personal responsibility - first. That means we are the first line of defense. Take care of yourself. Educate yourself so you can get a job and pay for care when needed. Exercise. Eat right. That doesn't cover everything, but it helps.

The cost structure is too high, and has priced many out of the market. A 10 minute office visit should not cost $150 dollars. Part of the reason the cost structure is high is because WE are not the customers. The large insurance companies and the government are the customers, and they have deep pockets. So places can charged large amounts for services because the real customers will pay the bill. If private citizens were the customers, there would be no way they could charge what they charge.

Government should not be in the revenue stream of health care companies.

As far as turning people away - I'm not sure that would happen. There are many good people in the country, and I bet there was a thread of sick people being put out, a group of people would step up to help the problem out.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Health care is not a right. Sounds cold, but it's true. It's our personal responsibility - first. That means we are the first line of defense. Take care of yourself. Educate yourself so you can get a job and pay for care when needed. Exercise. Eat right. That doesn't cover everything, but it helps.

The cost structure is too high, and has priced many out of the market. A 10 minute office visit should not cost $150 dollars. Part of the reason the cost structure is high is because WE are not the customers. The large insurance companies and the government are the customers, and they have deep pockets. So places can charged large amounts for services because the real customers will pay the bill. If private citizens were the customers, there would be no way they could charge what they charge.

Government should not be in the revenue stream of health care companies.

As far as turning people away - I'm not sure that would happen. There are many good people in the country, and I bet there was a thread of sick people being put out, a group of people would step up to help the problem out.
Another honest answer, despite everything else you wrote, not my problem.
Thanks

Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Best get Gradma with dementia out of the nursing home! Medicaid won't be able to pay for her anymore.

Sorry folks.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:26 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
There is lots of cheering going on here about gutting ACA because it cost too much. Government has always taken care of the health of the needy:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...re-aca/521541/

So what now? When someone goes to seek health care they just get turned away to go home and die? If they are treated at a health care facility we pay through either a government reimbursement to the facility or through higher medical costs.
Do we take on the third work option of not allowing people to leave the hospital till their bill is paid?
I hear lots of stuff you don't like..be honest, what is your option? If it's just let them die, please have the guts to come right out and say it. Not my problem equals the same thing.
The poor get Medicaid, even illegal aliens get emergency care which they use at 3 times the rate of a US citizen and for birthing their anchor babies (4 each). Ridding ourselves of the illegal aliens will help bring down costs, having better paying jobs with better companies would certainly help and stopping Big Pharma from charging huge prices in the US and almost nothing in other countries for the same meds, stop doing tests just because the equipment was expensive.

Opiates are more likely to be prescribed to the poor, got to wonder about that!

Keep in mind that with ACA, many still couldn't afford to pay their medical bills. Medical bankruptcies barely went down for the insured when ACA came into play.

Either way, we all pay. Cut out the middleman, health insurance companies and reign in big pharma.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:32 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
So Medicaid and "not my problem" are the answers.

The proposed budget cuts Medicaid by a trillion dollars over the next decade. These people will move into the "not my problem" category.

Who pays the Emergency Room bills for those who show up with problems associated with unmanaged diabetes?

Who pays for cancer treatment for the woman who works at Walmart and as a CNA but not enough hours at either to get insurance?

"Not my problem" or hospice?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-13-2017 at 02:02 PM..

Old 10-13-2017, 01:36 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The poor get Medicaid, even illegal aliens get emergency care which they use at 3 times the rate of a US citizen and for birthing their anchor babies (4 each). Ridding ourselves of the illegal aliens will help bring down costs, having better paying jobs with better companies would certainly help and stopping Big Pharma from charging huge prices in the US and almost nothing in other countries for the same meds, stop doing tests just because the equipment was expensive.

Opiates are more likely to be prescribed to the poor, got to wonder about that!

Keep in mind that with ACA, many still couldn't afford to pay their medical bills. Medical bankruptcies barely went down for the insured when ACA came into play.

Either way, we all pay. Cut out the middleman, health insurance companies and reign in big pharma.
Plenty of people who are poor but do not fall under the poverty line do not qualify for Medicaid. With proposed surcharges for preexisting conditions, I would need to make 6 figures to be able to afford Trumpcare if I were to find myself without a job that offered insurance.

No emergency room is going to administer chemotherapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies