Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 12:33 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,106,175 times

Advertisements

I agree that this never should have been an issue. A 93 year old man in a wheelchair with some amount of senile dementia gooses a woman, or grabs her butt. He apologizes. He doesn't have a history of this, but then, he has never been a 94 year old in a wheelchair with senile dementia before. I have no sympathy for people who are actually abusers, but I don't think this is it. Inappropriate, yes. But people with dementia do inappropriate things. I do have sympathy for the woman who was grabbed, but she needs to understand that there is possibly diminished reasoning. Perhaps the actress did not realize this, and put herself in the wrong place. Care to guess how many men with dementia (and women) grab nurses and aides in nursing homes?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:43 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How did he sexually assault her from a wheelchair. And I'm sure there weren't alone since Bush needs constant care.
So, what am I expected to believe?

That you are here posting in this thread about how what he did isn't a big deal, while apparently not knowing what he's accused of?

Or that, you're aware of what he's accused of think it's appropriate and would have no qualms if I did it to you and would have no qualms doing it to me.

Or, as I asked you, that at a certain age it's acceptable to do what Mr Bush is accused of doing? I'd, again, ask, at what age do you think that's ok?

So, should I believe that you don't know what you're talking about, or, worse, that you actually do?

Old 10-27-2017, 01:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The cynic in me says that these women are coming out now to divert attention away from Hillary Clinton's upcoming arrest.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:38 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
I do not know, because I wasn't there. It seems pretty clear that he touched her, but whether he did so in a way he intended as inappropriate, or whether it was partly due to his illness (tried to put his arm around her, missed the mark) is difficult to say. It's even possible that Parkinson's has affected his mind. Sadly, it does happen.

I'm not ready to condemn this young woman as a liar, but I'm not ready to call Bush a dangerous lecher, either.

The only thing we really know is that we don't really know.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:18 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
I'm thinking at 93 years old, he isn't thinking about sex much.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:11 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I do not know, because I wasn't there. It seems pretty clear that he touched her, but whether he did so in a way he intended as inappropriate, or whether it was partly due to his illness (tried to put his arm around her, missed the mark) is difficult to say. It's even possible that Parkinson's has affected his mind. Sadly, it does happen.

I'm not ready to condemn this young woman as a liar, but I'm not ready to call Bush a dangerous lecher, either.

The only thing we really know is that we don't really know.
The little "joke" that he has said each time tells me this is habitual. Three women have come forward and my guess is there are many more who have decided to keep it quiet.

If it is dementia related, I don't think he's responsible. But obviously everyone around him knew and yet they keep putting him in a situation where it will happen again. Very unfair to the women. What if he does it to an underage girl - is that OK with everyone?

I'm also not sure it's been established he has dementia? I had never heard it before this.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:04 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Simply pretend we're talking about creepy "Uncle Joe" Biden, whose wandering hands, lips, and leers have been dismissed for years with a wink and a guffaw because that's just Joe being Joe.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:29 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
For gods sake, he's 93 and in a wheel chair. Just leave him alone.
Who should be left alone are the women he gropes.

Perhaps only allow photo ops with men from now on.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:37 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
He pulled the David Cop-a-feel routine with Christina Baker Kline in 2014 when she was a guest author for a Barbara Bush Foundation's Family Literacy fundraiser.

Shortly thereafter, she was discussing with her husband how he grabbed her butt when a friend of the Bush's interjected, “I do trust you will be … discreet."

George H.W. Bush groped me during a 2014 photo op.

Seems everyone around him from Barbara Bush on knew what he'd been up to and nobody put a stop to the nonsense.

Do they all have dementia?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:40 AM

628 posts, read 695,960 times
Much to do about nothing!
I am sure he did not where his hands, arm or whatever he used in the assult (yea right!!) were locate her body.
I am shocked to not read she is a liberal and angry b/c Hillary lost the election
Moving on......
Have a good weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies