Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 09:13 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I thought you learned the hard way about polls when Hillary Clinton lost. Guess not!

Drug testing at work? Even drug testing for some welfare benefits? I would say they'll need to be a group that pay higher premiums for health care due to their addiction: https://www.webmd.com/pain-managemen...ana-safe-web#1 and https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...acts/marijuana Who the heck said it was more harmless than alcohol?

I have seen far too many children suffer because their parent(s) were stoned. Pot becomes #1 for far too many people. One parent stopped to pick up their child from daycare and then stopped to get their pot. They were so anxious to smoke the pot, they left the toddler in the car. Hours later, in the hot sun........ Of course, the parents "rights" always seem to trump the "needs" of their children.

Anyone else notice those saying that pot doesn't affect them in any negative way notice they stammer when they speak?
Are you really naïve enough to think that people who smoke so much they put their kids behind their smoke habit, are not already doing so? Legalizing it would not change that, but it wouldn't make it more prevalent. Some people are not responsible, some people are. It is the same thing with alcohol and prescription meds. You calling for them to be illegal? If not, you are a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 09:16 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Anyone who consumes a substance to alter their state of reality is a loser.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:17 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Anyone else notice those saying that pot doesn't affect them in any negative way notice they stammer when they speak?
Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:19 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I read about this study a week or so ago but people are saying it is far from conclusive. It is a great trend that I hope will continue.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Anyone who consumes a substance to alter their state of reality is a loser.
Yea, stupid losers who use it to help with their depression and anxiety. They should just kill themselves instead, losers....

Not to mention, there are many applications of marijuana and its derivatives that are not mind altering. Just you know, to educate you a little bit, since it seems you need help.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:22 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Not true at all bud. I know about 5-6 people who smoke on a regular basis, and all of them are working white collar jobs making good money. Your ignorance is showing.
I work in tech and I know a lot of people that use it recreationally. The myth that it makes you too lazy to work is just that, a myth.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Either that or they constantly look over their shoulders to see if the police is looking for them. Paranoia is common among the users

Old 10-26-2017, 09:25 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It hasn't gone anywhere in CO, and other places where they legalized it.
For completeness in the quote, let me state the black market is what you are referring to.

Well, of course not! Once it is legal nationwide the black market will indeed subside as long the legal stuff isn't taxed to the point of keeping the black market viable. Just like what happened with alcohol 100 years ago.

You folks that can't see the problems prohibition causes are purposely blind to it.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I work in tech and I know a lot of people that use it recreationally. The myth that it makes you too lazy to work is just that, a myth.
Exactly Timmyy. The valedictorian of my high school, who went to Vanderbilt and is now a nuclear engineer, has smoked almost daily for the past 12-13 years. As I mentioned previously in this thread, I too smoked for awhile, to help with my seizure issues. I still worked the whole time, got promoted, bought a house..... People just cling to the myth that all people who smoke are lazy idiots, and that isn't the case at all.

Of course they believe anything certain people tell them so...

Old 10-26-2017, 09:26 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
I want it decimalized if it's made legal then the tobacco companies have their way they will add chemicals to make it addictive as a MJ smoker myself I don't want that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies