Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 08:21 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Which means absolutely nothing in American politics.

I understand that. I'm simply showing that the pre-election polls were not as far off as you believe. Again every poll has a variance of around 3% and his margin of victory in many key states was lower than that. And of course the national poll was not far from the popular vote, both had Clinton winning.

And polls sure do not have a variance that will turn a 37% approval rating into a 51% approval rating. So my comment was correct, the majority of Americans do not think the President is doing a good job.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:24 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I understand that. I'm simply showing that the pre-election polls were not as far off as you believe. Again every poll has a variance of around 3% and his margin of victory in many key states was lower than that. And of course the national poll was not far from the popular vote, both had Clinton winning.

And polls sure do not have a variance that will turn a 37% approval rating into a 51% approval rating. So my comment was correct, the majority of Americans do not think the President is doing a good job.

Does that mean the Dems have 2020 in the bag?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
FOX News swears up and down that the whole investigation, and the arrests are all done just to deflect from Hillary.

And yes, they expect you to believe it

Old 10-31-2017, 08:36 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
It's turning out to be more than just "Trump people" with the u ranium deal secrets coming out.
And now Podesta's name is bubbling to the top and he's not one of "Trump's people".
What "uranium deal secrets"?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
FOX News swears up and down that the whole investigation, and the arrests are all done just to deflect from Hillary.

Why wouldn't they expect their viewers to believe it? Just reading this thread proves they are right, their viewers really are that gullible.

One thing I've learned quite well from reading this board, never, ever over-estimate the intelligence of a Fox News viewer. You will always end up disappointed.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:02 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

And the Trump worshipping morons do believe it. Even Sean Hannity and Corey Lewandowski thinks she's President.

It's obvious they wish she were so they still have someone to attack and boost ratings. Fox ratings are in the toilet.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And the Trump worshipping morons do believe it. Even Sean Hannity and Corey Lewandowski thinks she's President.

It's obvious they wish she were so they still have someone to attack and boost ratings. Fox ratings are in the toilet.
Fox ratings have dropped considerably, but they are not in the toilet quite yet.

Fox is the only half-way reputable source of "news" for the Rs.

Whereas those interested in news that is not filled with lies and half-baked conspiracy theories have their choice of a number of TV channels and a wide range of printed and online news sources. Which is why their numbers are more spread out.

Blog sites like InfoWars, ZeroHedge, Breitbart, Daily Caller, Washington Examiner, Gateway Pundit, etc. are not highly regarded and don't really fill the bill.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Laundering money is moving money obtained illegally.

If he got paid and didn't pay taxes that's tax evasion, not money laundering.
Read the indictment. He's been charged with at least $18 million in money laundering. Tax evasion is a separate charge.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:15 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Only a "volunteer" who was living in England yet sitting at the table with Trump and his national security team?
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...680386?lang=en

I'm sure all low level volunteers get to hang out at the table for national security meetings. Right?
You added "low level," I just said he was a volunteer. I heard a report on the news that said he was an unpaid volunteer.

You can make a big deal out of this all you like, but this is a nothing burger. This guy tried to get Trump interested in these Russian contacts, but Trump wanted nothing to do with them.

The only reason this guy is in trouble is because the dates he claimed he met or contacted with people were wrong.

This is why people don't like talking to the FBI. If they ask when, or if, you ever spoke to, emailed, or called a person, and you tell them July. But then if you forgot you replied to an email, or took a call from them back in June, and the FBI digs up phone or email records from June - then according to the FBI you just "lied" to them. It does not mean that contacting the person was illegal, it means your testimony to the FBI was incorrect, which to them is you lying to them.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You added "low level," I just said he was a volunteer. I heard a report on the news that said he was an unpaid volunteer.
So was Manafort. Seeing as Trump doesn't pay his staff, most of them were probably volunteers.

Quote:
You can make a big deal out of this all you like, but this is a nothing burger.
You can pretend it's a nothing-burger all you like, but it's a very big deal. Papadopolous has been speaking with Trump and his team for months wearing a wire. Trump is in bigly trouble which is why he's freaking out!

Trump is going down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.