Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I should say Manafort has a tough choice.

In the choice between Sing Sing or Leavenworth or Putin, I'd take either U.S. prison over anything Putin has in store for him.
Polionium tea kind of sucks, from what I've read...

Old 10-31-2017, 07:38 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I realize it's our country. And the vast majority of our citizens believe our leader is unfit to lead us. So Hell Yeah I'm rooting for all of this to be true and the worst President in our history slinks off in shame. And I'm no going to apologize or feel the need to justify feeling this way because the country will be better off when we are not being led by a narcissistic mad man.
Bingo!

Old 10-31-2017, 07:43 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
There should be actual PROOF of something illegal. The "smoke" line is B.S. as well as very tiring, and so you understand applies to BOTH sides of the isle at this point.

Time will tell who gets convicted and the only thing people should be happy about is that corruption is being rooted out, NOT which side is being nailed, keeping score or cheering it on like a freaking football game.
This isn't a sports event or a game, this is our country we're talking about.
Corruption is not being "rooted out." See Should We Pay Our Legislators and Officials More to Get Cleaner Service? These are show events for media consumption. The corrupt underbelly of government at Federal, state and local levels goes on.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:44 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Quote:
I realize it's our country. And the vast majority of our citizens believe our leader is unfit to lead us. So Hell Yeah I'm rooting for all of this to be true and the worst President in our history slinks off in shame before he can do more damage. And I'm not going to apologize or feel the need to justify feeling this way because the country will be better off when we are not being led by a narcissistic mad man.
Bingo!
As I suspected, this is about undoing an election. Isn't that the kind of thing that happens in Russia and other fake democracies?

Old 10-31-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Wow! That's a radical change in attitude, congrats!
All of us who love America and what it stands for feel the same way. If they are guilty, it doesn't matter what letter follows their name in a political biography. When we say "drain the swamp" we are quite serious about it. If they are convicted, lock them up.

Hillary has been under attack for 30 years by hundreds (thousands?) of people who want to see her in prison by have yet to find any evidence (necessary for this to happen) of wrongdoing that would make a prosecutor blink. She is still being attacked now, over a year after she left the government and returned to private life, and has become a deflective shield for a lot of people who don't care to know the truth.

This is not a football game with a scoreboard. This is the fabric of our country that is being torn apart for the benefit of those who would subjugate us. Anyone who does not want a true and accurate accounting from all elected officials without exception is not fit to call themselves American.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:53 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
All of us who love America and what it stands for feel the same way. If they are guilty, it doesn't matter what letter follows their name in a political biography. When we say "drain the swamp" we are quite serious about it. If they are convicted, lock them up.

Hillary has been under attack for 30 years by hundreds (thousands?) of people who want to see her in prison by have yet to find any evidence (necessary for this to happen) of wrongdoing that would make a prosecutor blink. She is still being attacked now, over a year after she left the government and returned to private life, and has become a deflective shield for a lot of people who don't care to know the truth.

This is not a football game with a scoreboard. This is the fabric of our country that is being torn apart for the benefit of those who would subjugate us. Anyone who does not want a true and accurate accounting from all elected officials without exception is not fit to call themselves American.

Sure, Hillary and Obama included. Dems will excuse them
And throw anythhing they did under the rug

Old 10-31-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As I suspected, this is about undoing an election. Isn't that the kind of thing that happens in Russia and other fake democracies?
Why would Trump, who fired Comey and hired Rosenstein who appointed Mueller, want to undo his own election? Doesn't add up...

Old 10-31-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Sure, hillaryband Obama included
I should have underlined "without exception". You get the evidence, we got the lawyers.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:56 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,465 times
Charges are money laundering and tax fraud.

But what crime was committed in order for the money to be "laundered" ?
Was it that he didn't register as a foreign agent ?

Old 10-31-2017, 07:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
I realize it's our country. And the vast majority of our citizens believe our leader is unfit to lead us. So Hell Yeah I'm rooting for all of this to be true and the worst President in our history slinks off in shame before he can do more damage. And I'm not going to apologize or feel the need to justify feeling this way because the country will be better off when we are not being led by a narcissistic mad man.

Nothing has been proven. Yet. But we are early. And of course justice should be served on both sides of the aisle. But playing the Hillary card just smells of desperation. It is absolutely true that there is a clear pattern of Trump people being in contact with Russia and then lying about it later. That is a big deal.
I don't believe that's actually a true statement. <bold> It might be a partisan talking point or a deflection but not convinced it's a fact.
Before you say "well, polls say....." let me remind you that they also said Hillary would be president...

I don't think it's "playing the Hillary card". As time has progressed more evidence has come to light that the Hillary camp and others might just have stepped in a big money hunting pile of doo-doo.

We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.