Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 09:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Where did you get the idea people wanted you to be ashamed of your race. Why are you even thinking about your skin color? Is that the only burning issue occupying your mind? Skin color obsession?
What exactly are people doing to you that makes you afraid to be white.
I don't get it, or maybe this is the start of another race based Russian troll thread.

Edit to add: I think I get it. You want to know why people take offense at a bunch of white guys walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "blood and soil!"
Maybe you feel everybody's picking on you because of your obvious whiteness.
Right wingers THRIVE on starting race baiting threads.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I think Europeans (especially historically) and some Eastern Asian societies have always treated their heritage and local ancestry as being more of a racial thing even though it never was. The traditional difference in culture between let's say being German vs Spanish can be significant yet they are both the same race. In Italy, there has always been a very large cultural divide between north and south yet they are both Caucasian.
Can people who are black do that? Can they trace back to the old country? For example if my ancestors were brought over as slaves 150=years ago would I know that I was Swedish or God forbid a Norwegian?

Old 11-04-2017, 09:58 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
For every thread started by right wingers regarding race in I could easily show you two threads on the same topic started by liberals.
The smart thing to do would be to have a separate category in "General Forums" topic regarding race and then let those obsessed with it bash it out there, since that's all some people wish to talk about.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Can people who are black do that? Can they trace back to the old country? For example if my ancestors were brought over as slaves 150=years ago would I know that I was Swedish or God forbid a Norwegian?
No, you could quite probably not attach a specific country of today to your heritage of yesterday but; you could also take a bit of pride in knowing they were among those who are proven to have discovered and established thriving communities on the North American continent at least hundreds of years before Columbus was a gleam in his daddy's eyes.

Of course there is the remote possibility they had slaves manning the sails and oars.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
So how long until it's considered Racist for White People to be Proud or take Pride in their White Ancestors?
From what I have seen and heard in recent years, it already is.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
For every thread started by right wingers regarding race in I could easily show you two threads on the same topic started by liberals.
The smart thing to do would be to have a separate category in "General Forums" topic regarding race and then let those obsessed with it bash it out there, since that's all some people wish to talk about.
Yeah? Have at it.

The last thing we need on CD is a forum on race. Good lands; I can only IMAGINE what that would attract.

Republicans are now the champions of the culture war. Face it.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
*******s thrive in starting race baiting threads.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:20 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Yeah? Have at it.

The last thing we need on CD is a forum on race. Good lands; I can only IMAGINE what that would attract.

Republicans are now the champions of the culture war. Face it.
There already practically is such a forum and it's called Politics and Other Controversies. What percentage of threads here are about race or end up being about race? Take a look. You're on one of a few dozen right now.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:25 AM

50 posts, read 31,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
No serious question.

There is so much of this stuff going around nowadays (racial divide, People getting offended so easily, etc,.) in this country It makes me wonder how long until people start saying that it is racist for white people to take pride and be proud of their Ancestors and their Accomplishments?

I think people who do Family History and Genealogy should be concerned about this.

I have mainly European ancestry with some Native American ancestry as well. I am Proud of both my European and Native American Ancestors (most of them). It doesn't make me a Racist. I take pride in some of my most recent Ancestors and their heritage. They were not bad people (most of them). They may have done things I don't agree with but no one perfect.

Black People take pride in their Roots, Heritage, and Ancestors and so do Native Americans nothing wrong with that. They should.

So why can't white People take pride in their roots and heritage as well? Why can't we also be proud of some of our Ancestors as well? I am not proud of the ones who owned Slaves or fought on the Conferdate Side in the Civil War.

There are good and bad people in all races. tHy all have a good and bad history.
It's because hate groups have used White Pride as their anthem. Thus giving the term 'White Pride', a historically negative connotative meaning.

It's the same as the Nazi Party using the Swastika, which is actually an Indian symbol meaning "auspiciousness", it's an important symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. However due to Nazi use, it has negative connotations.

There is nothing wrong with having pride in one's heritage but there is always a thin line between being prideful and being a supremacist.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusan View Post
no, you could quite probably not attach a specific country of today to your heritage of yesterday but; you could also take a bit of pride in knowing they were among those who are proven to have discovered and established thriving communities on the north american continent at least hundreds of years before columbus was a gleam in his daddy's eyes.

Of course there is the remote possibility they had slaves manning the sails and oars. :d
t i l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies