Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:31 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Look at the liberal posts on here that automatically link white with racism and genocide.

Y'all keep proving the point.

Once again, I thank you.

You nailed it.

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am very interested in genealogy and I am proud of my heritage. My 7X great grandfather fought in the Revolution, my 5x great grandfather fought in the Civil War. We are all related to John Adams. I am very proud of that.

I don't care if people think I am racist for being proud of where I come from. They can shove it.
Which side LMAO

1,949 posts, read 3,865,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
No serious question.

There is so much of this stuff going around nowadays (racial divide, People getting offended so easily, etc,.) in this country It makes me wonder how long until people start saying that it is racist for white people to take pride and be proud of their Ancestors and their Accomplishments?

I think people who do Family History and Genealogy should be concerned about this.

I have mainly European ancestry with some Native American ancestry as well. I am Proud of both my European and Native American Ancestors (most of them). It doesn't make me a Racist. I take pride in some of my most recent Ancestors and their heritage. They were not bad people (most of them). They may have done things I don't agree with but no one perfect.

Black People take pride in their Roots, Heritage, and Ancestors and so do Native Americans nothing wrong with that. They should.

So why can't white People take pride in their roots and heritage as well? Why can't we also be proud of some of our Ancestors as well? I am not proud of the ones who owned Slaves or fought on the Conferdate Side in the Civil War.

There are good and bad people in all races. tHy all have a good and bad history.
This is such a pathetic, self-pitying question. There are German, Irish, Italian, Greek, etc societies and activities all over the USA and NO ONE is saying anything against them.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
You don't seem to know US history.

I didn't know white people were synonymous to Presidents that were slave owners, American laws created by white men that allowed for the discrimination of black people?

But we already celebrate them, their faces are on our currency, our history book taught in school romanticize our old leaders. We honor Lincoln for what he did but lets get real he didn't free the slaves out the kindness of his heart. Ending slavery was an economical decision for most in power.

You just seem to want to be a victim for being white, I don't get it.
I know history. I know that every country has had its episodes of racism, slavery, genocide, etc.

Your version of history only includes bad whites.

If I had to guess, you probably believe Americans went to Africa and captured blacks to enslave.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Except you have no such point. Provide just ONE time where white people were proud of ancestors and it was widely considered "racist".

This thread is basically a snowflake whining session for the Trump cult racial grievance crowd. "Poor me, I'm white and can't get ahead because of all those dirty minorities and immigrants!".
We celebrate White american history everyday,

I don't know what they are smoking, they just don't like to hear about slavery and racism even though its a fact. It triggers them

Old 11-03-2017, 02:34 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,624 times
Quote:
Is anyone particularly proud of white ancestors who enslaved and murdered people, who were racist, sexist, etc.
Taking history out of context!

BTW from what I've read, it was black people who enslaved other black people and then sold them to white people.

I'd bet the farm, that in time when we have the tech to grow/print animal muscle (without the rest of the animal) and/or alternative protein, people alive today will be vilified as enslaving and murdering animals. History will view us right up there with the slave owners. Some will view us as worse due to the sheer volume of animals we enslave and murder.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I know history. I know that every country has had its episodes of racism, slavery, genocide, etc.

Your version of history only includes bad whites.

If I had to guess, you probably believe Americans went to Africa and captured black to enslave.
My version of history included whatever was in our school history books before I got a clue and took history courses in college. And didn't get the middle school version of Columbus and the civil war for starters.

PBS has a history lesson for you

African-American Migrations, 1600s to Present | The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross | PBS

Old 11-03-2017, 02:37 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
Quote:
Which side LMAO

Union.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:38 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
We celebrate White american history everyday,

I don't know what they are smoking, they just don't like to hear about slavery and racism even though its a fact. It triggers them
Hmm. Nope.

White people put Obama in office twice. Lesson that White Guilt led to nothing good and there's nothing else to be guilty about.

Now if you want to see triggered, raise a Confederate battle flag. lol

Old 11-03-2017, 02:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Taking history out of context!

BTW from what I've read, it was black people who enslaved other black people and then sold them to white people.

I'd bet the farm, that in time when we have the tech to grow/print animal muscle (without the rest of the animal) and/or alternative protein, people alive today will be vilified as enslaving and murdering animals. History will view us right up there with the slave owners. Some will view us as worse due to the sheer volume of animals we enslave and murder.
Oh, let's not forget that after Africans captured and enslaved their fellow blacks, a large chunk of them were bought by Hispanics and transported to be sold in many nations besides just America.

(for those who believe Hispanic means Mexican, I suggest you do a Google search before replying to this)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies