Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
American history is all about being proud of white ancestors.

I mean be proud of the slavery, the wars, the genocide, jim crow laws, interment camps etc etc.
And once again.

Yes, only white people had slavery, waged war, participated in genocide, etc etc.

I love when liberals insist on making our point.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:10 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
why do people want to be victims of something, when they clearly aren't

Does not being the center of attention really hurts.

Do you want to say white power so badly?

I don't get, who says its bad to be white. White is pretty much good everywhere around the world. the lighter you are the better in most countries
Thank you. Geesh, all these little white snowflakes whining and whining and whining because somebody else is getting a little attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident
So why can't white People take pride in their roots and heritage as well? Why can't we also be proud of some of our Ancestors as well?
Who is preventing you from doing so? I'm white, and I have never needed anyone's permission to be proud of my Sicilian ancestry. You are not a victim. You just think you are.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:17 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
remember only white people can be racist
and that has never been true-- poor me attitude-

Old 11-03-2017, 02:20 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And once again.

Yes, only white people had slavery, waged war, participated in genocide, etc etc.

I love when liberals insist on making our point.

We are already proud of this country no? There is a great pride in being an American.

Germans are proud of being German but do you think they are proud of Hitler?

Indians are proud of being Indian

Italian

Greek

British

etc.

Is anyone particularly proud of white ancestors who enslaved and murdered people, who were racist, sexist, etc.

Unfortunately, other races had to convince themselves they were normal due to centuries of disenfranchisement and oppression. Being told the color of your skin is sub-par. Only being allowed in "colored" bathrooms. Thats years of conditioning, that had to be fought to be change.

When has white ever not been right?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
Yes that my question. I am not a troll just asking out of curiosity.. Doesn't have to do with Race or Color of Skin has to do with Ancestry and Heritage. Every Race and Culture has some bad things. The world has been around for thousands of years.

White Pride and taking Pride in our Ancestors and Heritage are two different things Just becue someone takes pride in their European Heritage and proud of ancestors does not always mean they have 'white pride.
again--- all about what's most important you or --> what offends you

Old 11-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Is anyone particularly proud of white ancestors who enslaved and murdered people, who were racist, sexist, etc.
You're the gift that keeps on giving.

This is how many on the left view white people.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Except you have no such point. Provide just ONE time where white people were proud of ancestors and it was widely considered "racist".

This thread is basically a snowflake whining session for the Trump cult racial grievance crowd. "Poor me, I'm white and can't get ahead because of all those dirty minorities and immigrants!".
Look at the liberal posts on here that automatically link white with racism and genocide.

Y'all keep proving the point.

Once again, I thank you.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:27 PM

I go for the history- what is real and what is historical facts. Every country and generation since Cain And Abel there was always a bully- a sorry azz -disgruntled- selfish- jealous- immature - egotistical - badd azz-- who will find ANY excuse to blame another for his or her nasty ways.
This is really not about color- but history. The forefathers all left their footprints... which are you willing to promote and rejoice or push under the rug, BECAUSE- now or then,,,there are always some of those nasty people in the crowd,a some are our relatives.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:29 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
I am very interested in genealogy and I am proud of my heritage. My 7X great grandfather fought in the Revolution, my 5x great grandfather fought in the Civil War. We are all related to John Adams. I am very proud of that.

I don't care if people think I am racist for being proud of where I come from. They can shove it.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:30 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You're the gift that keeps on giving.

This is how many on the left view white people.
You don't seem to know US history.

I didn't know white people were synonymous to Presidents that were slave owners, American laws created by white men that allowed for the discrimination of black people?

But we already celebrate them, their faces are on our currency, our history book taught in school romanticize our old leaders. We honor Lincoln for what he did but lets get real he didn't free the slaves out the kindness of his heart. Ending slavery was an economical decision for most in power.

You have people that love the Confederate flag even thought they are traitors to America

You just seem to want to be a victim for being white, I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies