Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:36 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,350,130 times

Advertisements

If you're taking pride in Nazis and the KKK, it's already considered pretty racist by normal people (ie non-Trump cultists).

Old 11-03-2017, 01:40 PM

672 posts, read 504,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Where did you get the idea people wanted you to be ashamed of your race. Why are you even thinking about your skin color? Is that the only burning issue occupying your mind? Skin color obsession?
What exactly are people doing to you that makes you afraid to be white.
I don't get it, or maybe this is the start of another race based Russian troll thread.

Edit to add: I think I get it. You want to know why people take offense at a bunch of white guys walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "blood and soil!"
Maybe you feel everybody's picking on you because of your obvious whiteness.
Yes that my question. I am not a troll just asking out of curiosity.. Doesn't have to do with Race or Color of Skin has to do with Ancestry and Heritage. Every Race and Culture has some bad things. The world has been around for thousands of years.

White Pride and taking Pride in our Ancestors and Heritage are two different things Just becue someone takes pride in their European Heritage and proud of ancestors does not always mean they have 'white pride.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Edit to add: I think I get it. You want to know why people take offense at a bunch of white guys walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "blood and soil!"

OP, these posts exemplify why that ship has already sailed.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-07-2017 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-03-2017, 01:56 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
American history is all about being proud of white ancestors.

I mean be proud of the slavery, the wars, the genocide, jim crow laws, interment camps etc etc.

Irish people are proud of being irish, theres St. patrick day parade of course

Italians are proud of being Italian

Greek are proud of being Greek,

This all tends to resort back to being proud of your culture. So not understanding this rhetoric that white people are shamed for being white.

Be proud of your White American culture, but is there really a white american culture?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
No serious question.

There is so much of this stuff going around nowadays (racial divide, People getting offended so easily, etc,.) in this country It makes me wonder how long until people start saying that it is racist for white people to take pride and be proud of their Ancestors and their Accomplishments?

I think people who do Family History and Genealogy should be concerned about this.

I have mainly European ancestry with some Native American ancestry as well. I am Proud of both my European and Native American Ancestors (most of them). It doesn't make me a Racist. I take pride in some of my most recent Ancestors and their heritage. They were not bad people (most of them). They may have done things I don't agree with but no one perfect.

Black People take pride in their Roots, Heritage, and Ancestors and so do Native Americans nothing wrong with that. They should.

So why can't white People take pride in their roots and heritage as well? Why can't we also be proud of some of our Ancestors as well? I am not proud of the ones who owned Slaves or fought on the Conferdate Side in the Civil War.

There are good and bad people in all races. tHy all have a good and bad history.
Where have you been? According to liberals it already is racist.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:02 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
why do people want to be victims of something, when they clearly aren't

Does not being the center of attention really hurts.

Do you want to say white power so badly?

I don't get, who says its bad to be white. White is pretty much good everywhere around the world. the lighter you are the better in most countries

Old 11-03-2017, 02:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
why do people want to be victims of something, when they clearly aren't

Does not being the center of attention really hurts.

Do you want to say white power so badly?

I don't get, who says its bad to be white. White is pretty much good everywhere around the world. the lighter you are the better in most countries
Liberal White apologists, minority wannabes and minorities.

All say being white is racist.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:05 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

All minorities say being white is racist?

Old 11-03-2017, 02:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

South Park had a great parody of white people getting genetic testing hoping they aren't "just white".

It was freaking hysterical.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
Yes that my question. I am not a troll just asking out of curiosity.. Doesn't have to do with Race or Color of Skin has to do with Ancestry and Heritage. Every Race and Culture has some bad things. The world has been around for thousands of years.

White Pride and taking Pride in our Ancestors and Heritage are two different things Just becue someone takes pride in their European Heritage and proud of ancestors does not always mean they have 'white pride.
I get where you are coming from now. Yes it's good to be proud of your ancestors and their culture. Every American has a distinct culture as we are a blend of all the cultures of the world.
Everybody wears green on St. Paddy's day. All native Americans are proud of their heritage and try to preserve it at all costs. The Brits are proud of their queen. The Latinos are proud of their heritage.
Nothing wrong with that IMO. In fact I believe it's one of the attributes that make America great. The fact that we are the great melting pot.

Unfortunately, your thread will only bring out the liberal bashing and claims of white suppression rather glorify the fine history of your specific ancestors.

Which way are you hoping this thread will go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies