Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:58 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
an SJW started ranting about slavery in post 31.
so yeah, that's how long it took.
Sorry for talking about American history you are proud of.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Next thing I'm going to hear "the KKK was a global blight, it wasnt just white europeans that participated"
If nothing else, you're entertaining.

The KKK was strictly an American organization started by Democrats. It was not global.

However, racism, slavery and genocide were/are global.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope

Latino isn't a race.

As far as the Black vote, the vast majority of it takes place in states that vote Red.
Obviously, however its on our dumb census. Still he received a large hispanic vote according to statistics, even though hispanics can be white, black, mixed, asian etc

6,160 posts, read 5,719,018 times
As the far left and these social justice warriors become more illogical, more people will start to realize just how insane and out of touch with reality they are. I suspect we'll see a major change in the political climate in the next 10 years.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If nothing else, you're entertaining.

The KKK was strictly an American organization started by Democrats. It was not global.

However, racism, slavery and genocide were/are global.
The KKK was started by racist white americans. Political party meant nothing back then considering, the whole government held racist beliefs. Jim Crow laws and a slew of other racist laws

Old 11-03-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
As the far left and these social justice warriors become more illogical, more people will start to realize just how insane and out of touch with reality they are. I suspect we'll see a major change in the political climate in the next 10 years.
Thats if, opioids don't kill of a lot of the uneducated.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,624 times
Quote:
Im a vegan

I didnt know enslavement of animals can be compared to black slaves.
Good for you. I guess you don't own anything made in a Chinese sweat shop, right? You give all your money to help those sick and starving in the 3rd world. I mean if you care so much about slavery, then you MUST care about human life. That means almost no consumer items and all your money left over after essentials goes to 3rd world charities, right? You have the power to save lives and change the world, but you sit there on your sweat shop smart phone and ***** about something (very few) white people did 100's of years ago. You're too ignorant to realize, you're just as bad.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:05 PM

195 posts, read 177,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
No serious question.

There is so much of this stuff going around nowadays (racial divide, People getting offended so easily, etc,.) in this country It makes me wonder how long until people start saying that it is racist for white people to take pride and be proud of their Ancestors and their Accomplishments?

I think people who do Family History and Genealogy should be concerned about this.

I have mainly European ancestry with some Native American ancestry as well. I am Proud of both my European and Native American Ancestors (most of them). It doesn't make me a Racist. I take pride in some of my most recent Ancestors and their heritage. They were not bad people (most of them). They may have done things I don't agree with but no one perfect.

Black People take pride in their Roots, Heritage, and Ancestors and so do Native Americans nothing wrong with that. They should.

So why can't white People take pride in their roots and heritage as well? Why can't we also be proud of some of our Ancestors as well? I am not proud of the ones who owned Slaves or fought on the Conferdate Side in the Civil War.

There are good and bad people in all races. tHy all have a good and bad history.
Race has been weaponized to the degree it has today because it's part of the consolidation of power over the masses. It plays on fear and guilt (particularly white because they're considered the most threatening to this take over).

Mind you, I don't see it as some mastermind conspiracy but simply a culmination of the common interests of those at the top, the elite. It trickles down from there with many supporters of this agenda virtue signaling because they're insulated from the immediate consequences or have the ability to buy themselves out of it. Conversely you have those at or near the bottom who also gain short term benefits. Some people simply like having a source outside of themselves to blame for what they lack in life.

Look at the constant attempts to hack away at the sovereignty of this and other 1st world, westernized countries. I've also noticed the praise of "multiculturalism" always seems to be a NIMBYish concept by those with the means to escape it.

I'm black and even I see the writing on the wall. This country allowed me to work my way up and achieve relative success even after all the dysfunction in my life when I was younger.

I'm constantly bombarded with the message that I should be angry with and despise white people and I simply can't relate. I feel lucky to have been born and raised here.

I'm an 80s kid so I didn't experience slavery or Jim Crow. I have sympathy for those who did but I'm not about to throw the baby out with the bath water. I appreciate where I am in the world because there is no utopia where human nature doesn't exist.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:19 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Sorry for talking about American history you are proud of.
point out where I claimed to be proud of slavery. we'll wait

Old 11-03-2017, 03:26 PM

672 posts, read 504,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I get where you are coming from now. Yes it's good to be proud of your ancestors and their culture. Every American has a distinct culture as we are a blend of all the cultures of the world.
Everybody wears green on St. Paddy's day. All native Americans are proud of their heritage and try to preserve it at all costs. The Brits are proud of their queen. The Latinos are proud of their heritage.
Nothing wrong with that IMO. In fact I believe it's one of the attributes that make America great. The fact that we are the great melting pot.

Unfortunately, your thread will only bring out the liberal bashing and claims of white suppression rather glorify the fine history of your specific ancestors.

Which way are you hoping this thread will go?
Thank You for one of the few Serious Mature Responses. I agree there nothing wrong in being proud of Ancestors and taking pride in their achievements and their Culture. You are right. I agree with your whole pose. What made America Great in the first place was that we were a melting pot of different races, ethnicities, cultures, religious beliefs, etc. We are all Americans. I love Native American History not just because I have some Native Ancestry but it very interesting and their culture.

On your last question, I may tomorrow wish I posted this question in Genealogy forum.

My 2nd great-grandfather on my maternal grandfather side was a great and honorable man with good morals. He wasn't rich by any means but was a rancher who provided and cared for his Wife (my great-great grandmother) and 9 Children. He was not an alcoholic, never unfaithful, he never beat his wife or children and never abandoned them or gave up when times were tough. He works hard to earn a living and keep a roof over his family Heads and made sure they had Money for Food and Clothes. My great-grandma would say he the hardest working man she knew (sometime work 14 hours a day 7 days a week) and the person she most admired as a child. He loves this Family and took care of them. He did not have a mean bone in his body for anyone no matter beliefs or race. Did he make mistakes? I am sure he did but no one perfect. He never murdered aor rape nyone. He taught his children good values to never lie, steal, cheat and to behave the way you should behave and treat others with kindness. Both of my great-grandma Parents taught their kids that. They had a stable and happy home with parents who loved each other who had a good, happy and healthy Marriage. They may have disciplined their children but never did it in a way that made them fearful.

They provided their kids with a happy and loving home. I am not saying it was like the Waltons or Brady Bunch in any way but the kids were never unhappy and knew they were loved. They actually had a better home life than a lot of their cousins. They gave their kids the bedt possible life they could. My great great grandfather never believed he was entilted and that he earned some sprt pf ‘white privileged’

My 2nd great grandmother was a strong women who would never put up with his BS

If a white person can't be proud of an Ancestor then I don't know what you can be proud of. Being proud of an ancestor can be anything.

I understand that would happen and expected it

Last edited by NorthwestResident; 11-03-2017 at 03:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies