Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 07:13 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
...sometimes I think staff could serve the president better.
Now that's an interesting possibility. Perhaps his staff did know and deliberately chose not to prevent an embarrassing situation for the president. Wow! That would be cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 07:13 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I saw the thread about Trump bringing up Warren and calling her Pocahontas which wasn't really appropriate, but not that big of a deal.

However, I read there was a portrait of Andrew Jackson up when he was honoring the Code Talkers.

Talk about clueless on that. What a colossal fubar.
Yeah, I agree. Trump is wrong here.

It's ok to be an Andrew Jackson fan from his war hero days from the Revolutionary War to the War of 1812.

As a Democrat and antagonist of Native Americans, not at all.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
In fairness to Trump, he is a businessman. Most businessmen couldn't care less about studying history, let alone American history.
That is what I thought until someone mentioned that he was the one that hung the portrait of Jackson.

Trump has also expressed admiration for the seventh president, as well, calling Jackson “an amazing figure in American history — very unique so many ways,” through a spokesperson last week.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:17 PM

17,343 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Yeah, I agree. Trump is wrong here.

It's ok to be an Andrew Jackson fan from his war hero days from the Revolutionary War to the War of 1812.

As a Democrat and antagonist of Native Americans, not at all.
Here's a shocker for some people. You can be a Rep and even conservative and call things like they are. Some of us can actually think for ourselves.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:18 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I don’t think American History is one of Donald’s strong points.
POTUS is surrounded by people whose job it is, is to know stuff like this and make certain POTUS avoids embarrassing himself.

Do the hand- picked best people he hired not have a clue or perhaps they get a kick out of his ignorance and do not feel obligated to cover for him?

Old 11-28-2017, 07:21 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Knowing that there are people out there who would never get the outrage, let alone the fact of Trump's cluelessness, makes for an initial laugh, but on closer examination--it's also quite disturbing..
+1 They are brainwashed. I know plenty of them in RL. FYI: I am home from work sick today and am watching some of this and reading this board more than usual. I didn't know it was this bad. It's finally getting some much needed attention.

MSNBC has Ben Howe on now who is the Senior Contributing editor from Red State. He is saying how bad it is and that he even feels guilty that he helped contribute to it. It took years to build up to this and he says there are millions who call sourced news FAKE now and refuse to read or watch any of it. If it doesn't fit their narrative it's "fake". I tend to read the local paper and switch around with networks. It's all Breitbart, fringe whatever to these people or it doesn't exist. I mentioned "cult" and saw others do it on different threads. Just Wow.

(not to get OT just thought this was interesting to add)

Last edited by motownnative; 11-28-2017 at 07:41 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 07:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Even better? That one was put up by Trumps specific request when he took office. Jackson is one of his heroes.
Excellent recall on your part.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Ancestors was not quite the right word, I agree. I know they are separate. Still not great overall to have a president nicknamed “Indian Killer” up, and people from other tribes have expressed their distaste at this choice.
Understandable. Jackson was the type of guy that had any indian of any tribal identity been standing on ground he thought of even minor value to him....they'd have been gone.

Indians know this. When it comes to how Indians have fared under white oversight, they've all been screwed over to some extent. Trump needed to know this ahead of time and the fact he didn't or the fact he may have deliberately set this up are only slightly separated in level of insult.

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think the two put together demonstrates the complete incompetence of the administration.

Nobody knew enough about the history of this country to not know any better -- or they just didn't care.

Unbelievable.

We know Trump hasn't a clue but somebody in the Oval Office has to have some kind of clue right?
I will go with this, they just didn't care.

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No one cares what you'd be proud of.
Well obviously you do, or you wouldn't have commented. Or are you just a self righteous, far left community organizer?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies