Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:17 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
BULL.

1 the phase out starts a lot earlier than 8 years away. and YES it does matter when the big discounts to the RICH never go away.

deductions for middle class and poor sunset.

deductions for the Rich are forever.

wtf kind of bill is that.

just that alone tells us what we are dealing with. and it is wholesale theft. When the fed revenues implode due to this bill, the Rs will declare it is time for the poor to tighten their belts and make a sacrifice for the nation. meanwhile gout and storing wealth while be the biggest problem the Rich have ...
This would not be the first time for this cycle. I believe the Reagan era term was "pull yourself up by your own boot straps".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 11:19 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times

Senate Tax Bill Would Add 13 Million to Uninsured to Pay for Tax Cuts of Nearly $100,000 Per Year for the Top 0.1 Percent

Quote:

Eliminating the individual mandate would:

Increase the number of Americans without health insurance by millions starting in 2019,

Increase individual market premiums by about 10 percent, according to CBO. That amounts to a premium increase of hundreds of dollars per year for about 7 million mostly middle-income consumers — and over $1,000 per year for many older people.

make it harder for insurers to forecast their risk pools.
https://www.cbpp.org/blog/senate-tax...00000-per-year

it is all about moving money up to the very very wealthy.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,094,474 times
This letter from supply side (which is BS) leaning economists is about as valuable as a letter from my left & right nut.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:32 AM

looks like a lot of poeple lose out with this plan, despite the hype pushed by the Far Right elites.

BY CHYE-CHING HUANG GUILLERMO HERRERA BRENDAN DUKE
"This material was created by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (www.cbpp.org).”

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federa...low-and-middle

Oh and watch out Retirees....they are coming for you too but for some reason nobody is talking about it..

chained cpi..

Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Senate Tax Bill Would Add 13 Million to Uninsured to Pay for Tax Cuts of Nearly $100,000 Per Year for the Top 0.1 Percent

https://www.cbpp.org/blog/senate-tax...00000-per-year

it is all about moving money up to the very very wealthy.
This is ignorance to the fact these 13 million will finally get the option to choose to not purchase their crappy insurance they can't afford to use. The individual mandate was and still is complete BS

Old 11-29-2017, 11:36 AM

The chained CPI: Another secret tax hike for the middle class slipped into the GOP tax bills

You think you are safe because you are retired or soon to retire... don't worry the Repubs have targeted your inflation linked increases too...
Quote:

What Republicans really like about the chained CPI is that it tends to show a lower inflation rate than the alternative, typically by 0.3 percentage point a year. The difference pencils out to significant dollars: Changing the inflation index immediately would raise about $125 billion over the next decade and nearly $500 billion in the decade after that, according to the Tax Policy Center.

The chained CPI: Another secret tax hike for the middle class slipped into the GOP tax bills - LA Times

how you retirees liking this plan now?

Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This is ignorance to the fact these 13 million will finally get the option to choose to not purchase their crappy insurance they can't afford to use. The individual mandate was and still is complete BS
that is YOUR OPINION I am posting FACTS. i know you hate FACTS but these are FACTS not opinion.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:44 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,564,763 times
They put drilling rights in the Alaska national wildlife refuge into the tax reform vote. What a sleazy lowdown shameful move that was.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
This was my congressman ' s take on it when I spoke to him. He said he would be for tax cuts if they were tied to hiring American workers. I can see the argument, but having worked in finance for many years I know how companies fudge their numbers.

I'm more sympathetic to smaller companies. I've worked for behemoths for a long time and am pretty jaded.
Yeah... I'd think they'd have to meet stringent guidelines to do this and I think plenty of companies would meet them, to a certain extent, while there will definitely be some shady accounting attached.

Of course, if the government was genuinely interested in the plight of the American worker, they'd probably sew up the holes in the 1HB (and similar) programs and tax businesses higher for offshoring and lower for hiring other Americans here at home.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:10 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
They support it, key takeaways;

"Economic growth will accelerate if the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passes, leading to more jobs, higher wages, and a better standard of living for the American people."

"We firmly believe that a competitive corporate rate is the key to an economic engine driven by greater investment, capital stock, business formation, and productivity – all of which will yield more jobs and higher wages."

"The enactment of a comprehensive overhaul – complete with a lower corporate tax rate – will ignite our economy with levels of growth not seen in generations."

You can read the letter here:
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/11/29/...ommentary.html
What do you expect the "Rate Coalition" to say? They are an organization whose mission is to push for this bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies