Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:13 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,481 times

Advertisements

arg ! Regardless of political party, flip the tax issue to give the available billions to taxpayers and a progression of punitive tax "incentives" to businesses who treat the US like an ATM machine and then hoard their $$ elsewhere.
OR put it to the voters.

Spread the wealth I know for sure is a concept I practice. The more $$ I have, the more I pour it back into my community.
These fat cats don t do that. They wont do that. The more money they have the more money they hoard and use as a weapon to get their own way so they can get more $$.

Can anyone say conclusively that with this matter, the rich wont get richer and the poor wont get poorer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 01:15 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,035 times
What happened to infrastructure?

Actually, it's too late anyway. There is an oil shock on the horizon that nobody can do anything about.

Given that almost every single asset is inflated, and oil shock will be highly detrimental the global economy. I can see a lot of people having to foreclose on their houses.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:15 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
So-how about we try some honesty for a change? (yeah, I know-not something Dems are good about).

The tax bill increases the standard deduction to $24, 400. Now-how many of you whining about the bill HONESTLY pay more than this in mortgage INTEREST and property taxes? It's not "the poor". Or even a significant portion of the middle class. It will only impact a small number of high-income earners. You know, "the rich" the left like to demonize.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:16 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There
Is
No
Bill

YET ...... these constant threads are meaningless unless somebody wants to complain about Democrats banning together to defeat ANY Legislation.

Politics 101 explains clearly that Bills are Passed by the House and then the Senate passes a Bill
The Final Legislation is after the 2 Bills are Reconciled and become ONE Law that goes to the President for a signature. Right now we are only 1/3 of the way through the process.

The whining is incessant over something that has not even happened yet.
so to be clear, you are saying just stand in front of the car until it hits you. because up until then it might change course?

both versions stink, the reconciled bill will likely stink, but you think discussion forums should not discuss until it is signed sealed and delivered..

I suggest you log off until it is all done, and your problem is solved.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:21 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Run your own numbers:

1) "New" tax based on Republican bill

https://www.calcxml.com/calculators/...5?skn=#results

2) "Current" tax law

https://www.calcxml.com/calculators/...r?skn=#results

For my family (unfortunately FAR from rich) the savings under the new bill works out to $2800 a year. Thanks Don.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
It looks as if no one on CD cares; no surprise there. They're going to roll over and take their tax cut "like a man."
Those that pay taxes get a tax cut. Those that suck down tax money but pay none get nothing.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:24 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
arg ! Regardless of political party, flip the tax issue to give the available billions to taxpayers and a progression of punitive tax "incentives" to businesses who treat the US like an ATM machine and then hoard their $$ elsewhere.
OR put it to the voters.

Spread the wealth I know for sure is a concept I practice. The more $$ I have, the more I pour it back into my community.
These fat cats don t do that. They wont do that. The more money they have the more money they hoard and use as a weapon to get their own way so they can get more $$.

Can anyone say conclusively that with this matter, the rich wont get richer and the poor wont get poorer ?
That is the reality of the situation. Unfortunately, both parties have “sold out” to the people with the money, so we’re basically screwed. Eventually the people with the money will have an entire army of automated police at their disposal to keep the masses “in their place.”

Old 11-30-2017, 01:26 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Congratulations...have some bitcoin.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
OR put it to the voters.

Fat cats do not hoard money. Most of it is in capital investments that promote job growth.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:39 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Well, except for the recession brought about by wealthy Wall Street types "bundling" bad mortgages and passing them around like hot commodities until the sell-off started.
You are aware that the SEC and the ratings agencies colluded with Wall Street the entire way aren't you? It wasn't just one entity responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies