Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:39 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Where is the Keynesian guy who says debt is good while Obama was racking up 10 trillion... 8 years later and now the Democrats don’t believe in Keynesian economics anymore?
What you have just put on full display is your ignorance of Keynesian economics.

Keynesian economics says that during economic downturns, it is wise for the government to use its fiscal power to be demand of last resort, to put people back to work. The same Keynesian economics says that in good times the government should have a balanced budget and in boom times run surpluses to cool down the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Obama just continued on the debt that exploded under Bush and his war machine.
Really?

Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Corporations are not moving due to taxes, they are and have been moving due to labor cost and regulations.

Labor cost and providing healthcare is the biggest expense for businesses. Taxes are an afterthought because guarantee they are not paying anywhere close to 30% in taxes after they deduct all their expenses and screw the numbers

And according to various articles the economy has been stable and picking up. The wealthy does not need a tax break but we do need more benefit programs for Americans, focus education, healthcare reform, etc etc

We are giving corporations something they really haven’t been complaining about
As a business owner, this will help me and my employees and that's all I care about. I could care less about the richest people getting richer, because quite frankly, its not my money, and it will have no personal effect on me.

I dont know why people are complaining about money that isn't theirs. Make no sense.

Its as good as passed if McCain is voting a yes. And what effect it will do to the economy is really uncertain, but as Nancy's Pelosi said about Obamacare: "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."

Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Obama got whatever he wanted, including the awful Obamacare scheme and the largest tax increase in U.S. history.

Maybe you were still in junior high back then.
Biggest Tax Increase in History? - FactCheck.org

Old 11-30-2017, 10:43 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The long term goal of the GOP is the destruction of these programs. They believe they never should have existed in the first place.
Yep, and I think they will actually succeed this time...and I don't think many people will even notice until they find out that medicaid will no longer pay for grandma to stay in a rest home, or that the social security check they thought they would be receiving will end up being half or a third of what they had planned on.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:46 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
this will be a blessing for most Americans. Remember the people criticizing it want to take 25% of your income away to pay for universal healthcare. Can you afford to lose 25% of your income?
These are the same people who lied to us about how great the Obamacare tax would be which caused our insurance premiums to skyrocket 150-200%

Old 11-30-2017, 10:50 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Under the tax bill, families making $40-50K per year will pay $5 billion more in taxes by 2027 while those making one million dollars will pay $5 billion less according to the Joint Committee and CBO. What else needs to be said?

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115...dationssfc.pdf
What needs to be said is the CBO sides with the liberals just like they did on ACA and ACA sucks
I know I know, here comes the blah blah xx million more have health care due to ACA blah blah.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:50 AM

9,298 posts, read 14,913,687 times
Marco Rubio is already making clear the ultimate GOP agenda....

"GOP senator says tax cuts must be followed by 'structural changes to Social Security and Medicare"

And don't do single payer health whatever you do- make the insurance companies the arbiters of our health

Old 11-30-2017, 10:52 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
"Announced: McCain Says He'll Support The Tax Bill "

Guess this means he's not going to be the darling of the left anymore.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:52 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Well done McCain. Snowflakes will hate you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies