Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 07:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Come on Cas, what kind of question is that

Did I say it would definitely happen...no....I said IF (big if) it was to happen....I also said time will tell....

so why, since it was in simple English, would you ask such a question
Honest question, someone else already answered, so it is ok, see you did not need the dance at all. We have traveled this road before, it did not work out as promised and I see nothing that somehow magically changes the given outcome. Yes we shall see, but unfortunately America will be feeling the pain by the time most realize the truth. Oh well, some lessons are best being painfully learned, the lesson sticks better and longer, see there is an upside to everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As I said in another thread, having it pass is fine with me. After a year or two when it's apparent it has little or no effect on the economy and we continue to get, like, 2% GDP growth, same as the last several years, then it'll be a great lesson that tax cuts do little or nothing to help the economy.

So what if a lesson is learned. In the meantime, this tax plan will hurt many of the middle class while benefiting the rich. This hurts students, this hurts teachers. Teachers spend out of pocket for their classrooms and were able to deduct $250, not anymore with this bill. Yet corporations can deduct their cost of pens, paper and whatever. This bill benefits the rich.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:48 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

So what if a lesson is learned. In the meantime, this tax plan will hurt many of the middle class while benefiting the rich. This hurts students, this hurts teachers. Teachers spend out of pocket for their classrooms and were able to deduct $250, not anymore with this bill. Yet corporations can deduct their cost of pens, paper and whatever. This bill benefits the rich.
take that up with the correct entity...the local school board

oh and btw..the 250 was on page one of the 1040, so it lowered your GROSS by 250....or about $2.50 in the actual tax due....are you crying over a lousy two-fifty...you cant even get a cup of coffee for that anymore

Old 12-01-2017, 07:50 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Liberals DO have a reason to be lying and fear mongering about this bill. They have done a fine job of trying to terrify people about it, and have refused to present facts.

All of which makes sense. When working tax payers see that Dems have done nothing for them, and Republicans allow them to keep more of their earnings, as well as grow the economy and boost jobs, the liberal narrative is finished once and for all. The Dem party should be finished for at least the next 20 years.

The fact that people that can not afford health insurance are no longer fined for not being able to afford it...is a final nail in that coffin.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 12-01-2017 at 08:04 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 08:01 PM

1,665 posts, read 976,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so does not having enough income to pay the bills.
Yep. As some of us says... Everything goes up in prices except the wages.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:03 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I'm beginning to get flashbacks from the outrage on my side concerning this tax bill. The world isn't going to end and the economy isn't going to implode. I'm not in favor of this tax cut, but calm down.
You've actually read the bill, and know what's in it? When? How?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Liberals DO have a reason to be lying and fear mongering about this bill. They have done a fine job of trying to terrify people about it, and have refused to present facts.

All of which makes sense. When working tax payers see that Dems have done nothing for them, and Republicans allow them to keep more of their earnings, as well as grow the economy and boost jobs, the liberal narrative is finished once and for all. The Dem party should be finished for at least the next 20 years.

The fact that people that can not afford health insurance are no longer fined for not being able to afford it...is a final nail in that coffin.
When is this fantasy going to take place, 1 year, 2 maybe, 3 or 4, or how about never, and why the GOP added wording that will automatically raise them, for you and me, if their pipedream does not pan out?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:12 PM

1,665 posts, read 976,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The GOP ineptitude was already being exposed when Trump came around. In fact, he helped, in part, expose it. The GOP has failed at:

1.) Obamacare repeal.
2.) Build the wall.
3.) End Iran "Deal"
4.) Prosecute Hillary and her legion of crooks
5.) Stop H1B visa abuses
6.) Good tax plan
7.) End Common Core
8.) End Paris Climate agreement (I thought Trump wasn't sure on that one, though at first it appeared he actually did it.)
9.) Drain the Swamp

Their failure is their own, and this is coming from someone that left the Republican Party because too many in the GOP were a bunch of sellouts and wimps.

Trump had better get behind Convention of States. If the Dems take back the House (a dangerous possibility), they're going to try and hit him with strong impeachment charges that will clear the House and head into the Senate since the House would be a partisan lynch mob, just like all of these phony investigations (really KGB sham trials) into Russia "collusion".
They'll say anything for a vote. And when elected, those "promises" get sent to the back burner. Often totally ignored.

From president on down to governors and mayors. Yet we elect others that say they will improve what their predecessor started. Or could not finish. Back to square one on the problems, spending money trying to "fix" what's been wrong.

Never ending cycle. Playing the blame game. Especially blaming opposite parties.

Maybe one day the Dems and Repubs can find a common ground and begin to work with each other fixing this mess.

Or maybe we need a new party to run things. Both parties been running this country down.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:17 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
take that up with the correct entity...the local school board

oh and btw..the 250 was on page one of the 1040, so it lowered your GROSS by 250....or about $2.50 in the actual tax due....are you crying over a lousy two-fifty...you cant even get a cup of coffee for that anymore
My point is, this tax bill favors the wealthy....not the middle class. A middle class person can't write this off yet corporations can.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:24 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
According to my CPA this bill will put more money in my pocket. I am for it.
You need to get a real CPA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies