Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 07:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/938150001565470720

Old 12-06-2017, 07:46 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Fox News and Trump's lawyers statements give Trump political cover for not firing Mueller for crossing a "red line."

My educated guess is that Mueller's team probably has subpoenaed Deutche Bank, but everything else beyond that, including the demanded records and their contents, is just conjecture.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Can you cite that rule? And Jeff Session assigned Mueller as a special prosecutor--is he part of the Deep State? Or a Clinton toady?
Time to stop this incorrect/false assertion being made by many that Sessions had anything to do with the Muller appointment.
Don't worry, it's not from FOX News so you can relax...

Quote:
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller to serve as special counsel to oversee the previously confirmed FBI investigation of Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election and related matters.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/doj-app...-developments/

Old 12-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Flynn's crime was known from the beginning, and as trumps boy he is included. Then there is the Russian interference in our election, a crime that every intel agency says happened and have proven it.
Sorry, there is plenty of evidence of crimes and those lead to other crimes and players, if your boy is innocent he has nothing to fear, strange he looks so nervous..............
What exact crime did Russia commit? Did they tamper with ballots or somehow skew the actual ballot results?
Yes, they probably ran a disinformation campaign but other than that?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Deutschs Bank has been fined more than $1 billion for money laundering, rubles to dollars.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ndering-claims

Deutschs Bank is a major lender to Trump/ Kushner Orgs.

Trump Admin has vowed to repeal Dodd Frank - too much pesky regulation, you know.

Suspect Deutsche Bank will be grateful.

Great point about Dodd Frank. Even more interesting in addition to the over 600 million Deutsche was fined it settled with the Department of Justice for an additional 7.2 billion. Rumor has it that as soon as Trump took office, that was never collected. Every article I could find suggests that the investigation has gone dormant and the fine never payed. Anyone up for homework to prove me wrong? Please prove me wrong because all I can see now is a corrupt president taking care of his Russian buddies at our expense, and I find that very upsetting. Give me a nice Christmas present and prove to me that Trump has America's best interest ahead of his own. (Um no empty troll rhetoric or low information opinions please.)

Even more disturbing is that Trump never implemented the additional sanctions against Russia that had a deadline of October 1st that had bipartisan support and was passed without Trump's blessings. Dictator Don won't support our rule of law. Meh it's okay. Collusion isn't a crime. Moderator cut: trolling/flaming and off topic

Old 12-06-2017, 08:11 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,031,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What exact crime did Russia commit? Did they tamper with ballots or somehow skew the actual ballot results?
Yes, they probably ran a disinformation campaign but other than that?
Is international espionage a "crime" in any place other than the country that is the victim?

They ran a very large targeted disinformation campaign to help one candidate over another. I know of specific items that were forwarded by people on my Facebook feed during the election that were manufactured by Russian troll farms.

So, I know that Right wing media lovers hate liberals and REALLY hate Hillary Clinton, but you don't find anything concerning about that?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,557,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Multiple media sources versus the perpetual lie machine of this WH? That is just no contest. Trump and his administration have zero credibility. More lies come from this WH than the truth.

Biggest inauguration crowd ever
No one EVER met with the Russians
The Access Hollywood video was fake
This tax plan will cost me and my family
I will release my taxes once the audit is over

The list of lies gets bigger each and every day.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:41 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Nope, neither I nor anyone knows any such thing. And since millions of dollars and months of investigations failed to produce any evidence, anyone who claims that this is the case is either ignorant or a liar and thinks that allegations are proof - except of course when it comes to Orange Menace.

Sooo you think that Papadopoulos and Flynn, who asked for immunity because "he has a story to tell." and who have both plead guilty to accept a plea deal to cooperate is what? A fairy tale? Yikes. You need to get out of the house a little more.

Maybe Flynn got off easy because he really does have something huge to reveal. Maybe Kushner is next? Two confessions and two convictions in a year? Remarkable.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Is international espionage a "crime" in any place other than the country that is the victim?

They ran a very large targeted disinformation campaign to help one candidate over another. I know of specific items that were forwarded by people on my Facebook feed during the election that were manufactured by Russian troll farms.

So, I know that Right wing media lovers hate liberals and REALLY hate Hillary Clinton, but you don't find anything concerning about that?
Of COURSE they did, just like the U.S. does in many other countries, SO?
The U.S. AND Russia meddle in other countries elections AND government all the time and have for decades. What's angering so many people here is that our crap that many are blissfully/purposely ignorant of was turned around on us, and it might/maybe/possibly had a small effect.

Life can be bitc# sometimes can't it?

So, do you really want to be one of the ones to say "it's okay for me but not for thee?"

In the end, Russia changed no ballots nor did they alter any ballot count but they did try to mess with people's minds and succeeded with some given the hysteria (that they wanted to create) that exists today.

Turmoil is what the goal was and y'all are giving it to them in spades, Russia = WINNER!

Old 12-06-2017, 09:05 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sooo you think that Papadopoulos and Flynn, who asked for immunity because "he has a story to tell." and who have both plead guilty to accept a plea deal to cooperate is what? A fairy tale? Yikes. You need to get out of the house a little more.

Maybe Flynn got off easy because he really does have something huge to reveal. Maybe Kushner is next? Two confessions and two convictions in a year? Remarkable.
Donnie Diaper is on deck over at Bobby's playhouse today. This could get interesting fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies