Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:27 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re.../idUSKBN1E20GF

BOOM! The Trump economy is skyrocketing to unseen heights.

Even as liberals want him to fail he is still an endless success!
Why are you trumpeting government employment and economic numbers that the sexual predator/ fat man said he didn't believe when BO was in office? So they're real now but weren't them?

Making America Hypocritical Again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 08:27 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
228,000 jobs added is very good.

U.S. unemployment rate remains low in strong jobs report - Dec. 8, 2017

Old 12-08-2017, 08:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
From the linked article.

Employment growth has averaged 174,000 jobs per month this year, down from the average monthly gain of 187,000 in 2016.

I don't want to see the economy fail; its great that we are at or near full employment. I do find it interesting how the current weaker jobs reports are now being praised when better results during Obama administration were criticized.
Because Trump followers act like Trump. Announce everything as if it is a big deal, take credit for everything positive and do not take responsibility for anything negative.

Negative? Obama's fault. Positive? Trump did it.

Let us know when Trump does something actually difficult. He was not "handed a disaster" as he claimed. That is a lie. He was given a gift.

"...The 2016 census report underlines the strength of the economic recovery Obama oversaw after the worst recession in living memory...

American incomes rose significantly for a second year in a row in 2016, bouncing back after the lost decade that followed the last recession...latest household income figure is the highest ever reported by the Census Bureau – eclipsing the peak of $58,665 reached in 1999..."

“Real median household income has finally completed its nine-year slog of digging out of the ditch,” said Chris Christopher, executive director of IHS Markit.

The US poverty rate also fell to 12.7%, its lowest rate since 2007. Some 40.6 million Americans were living in poverty in 2016, down from 43.1 million in 2015...."

https://www.theguardian.com/business...bama-recession

Old 12-08-2017, 08:52 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Because Trump followers act like Trump. Announce everything as if it is a big deal, take credit for everything positive and do not take responsibility for anything negative.

Let us know when Trump does something actually difficult. He was not "handed a disaster" as he claimed. That is a lie. He was given a gift.

"...The 2016 census report underlines the strength of the economic recovery Obama oversaw after the worst recession in living memory...

American incomes rose significantly for a second year in a row in 2016, bouncing back after the lost decade that followed the last recession...latest household income figure is the highest ever reported by the Census Bureau – eclipsing the peak of $58,665 reached in 1999..."

“Real median household income has finally completed its nine-year slog of digging out of the ditch,” said Chris Christopher, executive director of IHS Markit.

The US poverty rate also fell to 12.7%, its lowest rate since 2007. Some 40.6 million Americans were living in poverty in 2016, down from 43.1 million in 2015...."

Nope, wages, manufacturing, and participation rate were all in the trash bag. Now manufacturing and wages are exploding with back to back 3% + growth.

Trump is bringing the economy back.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:56 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
POTUS and GOP unable to pass any fiscal legislation, are going to start the economy going downward with the fake tax cuts.

Not the best idea.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:58 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Nope, wages, manufacturing, and participation rate were all in the trash bag. Now manufacturing and wages are exploding with back to back 3% + growth.

Trump is bringing the economy back.
From the actual BLS news release:
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

"The labor force participation rate remained at 62.7 percent in November and has shown no clear trend over the past 12 months. The employment-population ratio, at 60.1 percent, changed little in November and has shown little movement, on net, since early this year."

Wages have done nothing different than what we saw in 2015 and 2016. They are not "exploding."

Manufacturing jobs have picked up, but I wouldn't exactly call it a boom.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.re.../idUSKBN1E20GF

BOOM! The Trump economy is skyrocketing to unseen heights.

Even as liberals want him to fail he is still an endless success!
The slant of the article within your link attempts to justify why tax cuts are not needed.

I am an Independent. I voted for Trump. I do not want him/ his admin to fail.

Having said this, I despise Trump the person.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
From the linked article.

Employment growth has averaged 174,000 jobs per month this year, down from the average monthly gain of 187,000 in 2016.

I don't want to see the economy fail; its great that we are at or near full employment. I do find it interesting how the current weaker jobs reports are now being praised when better results during Obama administration were criticized.
Trump/ Trump Admin does a better job promoting itself than the Obama Admin did.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:07 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The slant of the article within your link attempts to justify why tax cuts are not needed.

I am an Independent. I voted for Trump. I do not want him/ his admin to fail.

Having said this, I despise Trump the person.
Don’t listen to media lies; he and his family are wonderful people who have stood up for Israel, cut YOUR taxes, and reinvested into protecting our streets.

He is a great person and remember, you’ve never met him in person before.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Yeppers. When you see threads like this, where the thread starter is overjoyed about some silly, non factual information, it gives you a little insight into how Donald Trump got elected. Smoke and mirrors, and they lapped it all up and asked for more smoke and mirrors. They overlooked one little line in that article they posted:

U.S. job growth increased at a strong clip in November, painting a portrait of a healthy economy that analysts say does not require the kind of fiscal stimulus that President Donald Trump is proposing, even though wage gains remain moderate.

As for the economy being strong, get down on your knees and thank Barack Obama, kiddies. He turned a dying economy into one that continues to improve even today, IN SPITE OF HAVING AN INEPT, NON PERFORMING PRESIDENT NOW SITTING IN THAT OFFICE ! Trumpees are so quick to forget what the economy looked like in 2008.......I do not forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies