Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 09:49 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is a funny post because in truth it argues FOR what is happening - as we share more genes (mixed marriage) we will accept each other more.

Given Armenia and the Nazis and all the other white people killing each other your point falls on deaf ears. Tribe and religion and government (being forced to kill others) have a lot more to do with hate of others.

But, again, given the stats we will soon all be getting along because everyone will share genes. I would think you'd look at that as a good thing.

Note - the most violent areas in the USA are often areas of the same genetic makeup. Right now, the lowest violent crime is in the entire Northeast (big time diverse) - and the highest is the South and TX, etc. (maybe less diverse?).

South Carolina has the highest property crime rate.
"the state with the highest violent crime rate was Tennessee, with a rate of 608.2 per 100,000"

Is TN the US capital of diversity? It's about 300% greater in violent crime than our state.
Top safest states - 1) Vermont 2) Maine 3) NH. Not racially diverse. Maybe they share genes.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:51 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Sexual attraction ("love") is now more important than anything else such as personal compatibility, likelihood of marital success, how your kids will do, etc.

If you can get virtue signaling points into the bargain, so much the better.

The gay community is big into this stuff -- racially mixed gay couples adopting kids that add additional races to create a "rainbow."
This is common sense, but based on your post, it seems like it needs to be pointed out. Love and sexual attraction are not the same thing.

Race plays a smaller part on how kids will do than how successful the parents are. A black parent and a white parent who are both successful will, statistically, have more successful children than two white parents who live in poverty.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:54 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dont hear his supporters saying anything about Trump's Jewish son in law?
Trump himself dated a black woman. I think he likes women of all kinds. I think he's made that perfectly clear. lol

Old 12-10-2017, 09:57 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
There are many racist dudes that like minority chicks but despise minority dudes.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
I don't approve at all. God made us as separate races and should keep to each kind.
Not that "God" is a valid reference here, but we all descended from a single race that started in Africa.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's not wonderful. It's terrible.

It's ending diversity; it's wiping distinctive peoples off the face of the earth,
Not everyone is like you in going out of their way to support diversity. Diversity is okay, but we shouldn't force it.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
From living in the NYC area way too long I've found inter-ethnic marriages are much more divisive than interracial marriage. My Irish buddy married his Italian girlfriend and the entire family came to blows at the wedding reception. It actually made the NYC tabloids. At the baptism of their first kid the families sat on opposite sides of the church and held separate parties afterwards. A Scottish acquaintance had to elope with his Greek girlfriend after his life was threatened by her cousins. She was disinherited by her family and they live in California now to stay out of harms way. At my last job a very sweet young lady born in America to immigrant Indian parents had to refuse any offers to go out as her parents had already arranged her marriage with a distant cousin.

If one of my kids wanted to marry someone of another race, creed or color my only reservation would be, do they love you?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
I don't approve at all. God made us as separate races and should keep to each kind.
If your family is white or Asian you have between 1% and 4% Neanderthal genes.

It may even account for your light skin color.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:07 AM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The media runs more interracial commercials now than ever. So the perception is that more IR relationships are occurring.
The media will almost exclusively show two versions of "acceptable" IR relationships, the white man/asian woman couple and the black man/white woman couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The ones I have noticed to be the loudest against interracial marriages have been the black women. My boyfriend kept me secret for a while from his mother and sisters (his brother knew and could care less) but he finally decided to invite me to a gathering last year, and his mom was not happy. His sister accused me of being one of those white women who always be taking the best of the blacks.
I feel for black women. They, as well as asian and indian men often get the short end of the stick in terms of public desirability. There is some truth to that, that for every good black man who marries a non-black woman, that is one less "acceptable" partner for black women. However, if they self-limit themselves to only wanting a black man, that is on them. What they cannot control is how other perceive them, which is sadly negatively sometimes.

Black women cannot control how they "look" or their skin color but they can work to change men's perception of them and rehabilitate the negative stereotypes surrounding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
There are many racist dudes that like minority chicks but despise minority dudes.
This is true, but women can be even more racist than men, and not in ways that are overtly racist. Many white women would not deign to be with a black man and many asian women subscribe to a form of hypergamic racism where they will only date white men to the exclusion of any other men and believe they are being "colorblind" and "progressive" while doing so. Utter BS.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, and Barack Obama has supporters who are every bit as racist towards Jews and white people, but I never thought Obama agreed with them.
Perhaps you should read the comment I was responding to before the defensive reaction.

It had nothing to do with who Trump agrees with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies