Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 12:45 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
No duh! Why do you think they turned the NFL into a SJW activist group and did the same thing to Star Wars, also now having killed off two major of the OT characters while replacing them with SJW characters?

It's their goal to first attack institutions of our culture, then start to take them over and use them to push their agenda, then they start cleansing all the good stuff from it and replacing it with the Commie/NWO stuff.
George Lucas had a Yoda. His name was Joseph Campbell. Do yourself a favor and read up on how he influenced Star Wars. The power of myth is strong in him.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
George Lucas had a Yoda. His name was Joseph Campbell. Do yourself a favor and read up on how he influenced Star Wars. The power of myth is strong in him.

I got his book The Power Of Myth very good read!

Old 12-17-2017, 12:54 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Nor have most Clinton voters. The reality, once people get out of their "highly educated" bubble is that non-college graduates outnumber college graduates in the US by at least 2-1 if not closer to 3-1.

This breaks down the college educated vote.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...2016-election/
Clinton voters aren't the people spreading alarmist BS about a "war on Christmas".

How about addressing the actual topic?

Old 12-17-2017, 01:17 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Clinton voters aren't the people spreading alarmist BS about a "war on Christmas".

How about addressing the actual topic?
I already did before I quoted you.

And the following is on topic? Of course it is just because you say so although it's par for the course. Gratuitous negative statement telling only half, if that, of the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
There's no question some of this nonsense goes on at college campuses...but what I don't get is how Trump voters, most of whom have never stepped foot on a college campus, feel somehow someone is declaring war on their customs. This is what happens when you feed yourself right wing media BS all day long and look for something to be angry about.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not a Christian myself but I don't see Trump doing anything like this
Why not? He really hasn't had an opportunity yet to be President at Christmas.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Why not? He really hasn't had an opportunity yet to be President at Christmas.

The holidays started around Thanksgiving. If hasn't started by then I don't see him doing it now.

Last edited by reed067; 12-17-2017 at 02:46 PM..

Old 12-17-2017, 02:00 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yeh, I'm on the "left" but I don't really even know who Buchanan is. Presumably a religious fanatic nut case or extreme right wing radio host?
I usually don't defend conservatives but Pat Buchanan is a well respected journalist and commentator. It's healthy to get the Roman Catholic side of an issue every so often. We are twenty five percent of the country.

Pat Buchanan was on the McLoughlin Group. John McLoughlin made an effort to hear well thought out issues on both sides of an issue. The bias of the group was to the right but they didn't pummel you with the propaganda nonsense that you see on FOX news.

It's a pity that people who fund PBS are so intolerant of right wing thought that they wouldn't salvage what was a very good show.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
The holidays started around Thanksgiving. If he wasn't started let I don't see him doing it now.
When exactly were the Obama Christmas messages released? At Thanksgiving or a bit closer to Christmas?

In case you missed it, here's the Thanksgiving one:

Trump in Thanksgiving message: 'The enthusiasm in this country has never been higher' | TheHill

You know, at least let him not release one in time before you ***** about him not doing it. That's like you guys demanding Articles of Impeachment last year before he was even sworn in.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
When exactly were the Obama Christmas messages released? At Thanksgiving or a bit closer to Christmas?

In case you missed it, here's the Thanksgiving one:

Trump in Thanksgiving message: 'The enthusiasm in this country has never been higher' | TheHill

You know, at least let him not release one in time before you ***** about him not doing it. That's like you guys demanding Articles of Impeachment last year before he was even sworn in.

You guys?? I keep asking what you al mean by that but no ones saying anything.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You guys?? I keep asking what you al mean by that but no ones saying anything.
You guys, such as yourself, who started beating the impeachment drum about two minutes after the election was decided. Who then used specious arguments and pleas to the Electors to please, please not vote for Trump and save the country. And on and on.

You guys, just like yourself, who complained about Trump not releasing a Christmas message and it's still a bit over a week until Christmas. A message that Presidents have not typically released until Christmas Day.

Trump was not my first choice, or even twelfth, but he did win. In retrospect, probably the only Republican who could have beaten Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies