Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2017, 07:07 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Along with the Media, and the Democrats. It is really to divide us, and Fundamentally Transform America, which never really needed transforming in the first place. To want to change something so drastically you must HATE it first, and Obama, and Hillary certainly do.
Then there is MAGA. I really doesn't mean My Administration Getting Arrested as I wrote in my tagline here but I trust you have one of those communist red hats made in China with collusion with Russia that you can take off and read the front. Point is, you may want to rethink what and who is dividing the USA.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
My opinion is in the title. Pat Buchanan coined the term for it, "cultural war". There are active elements out there, the vast majority either left or Islamic, who are waging a war to destroy America. And one of the most effective way to accomplish that goal is to destroy American traditions and positive aspects of it's culture.

A new holiday season.
Same old story.

Awww, poor victims, that cross must be getting heavy by now.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:20 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
What if they gave a cultural war and nobody came?

Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This week's sign of the apocalypse.
I got news for ya. 20 years ago my Fortune 500 Company was sending these out to managers when it came to arranging 'Holiday Parties' for their employees.

And we all know that Democrats run all the Fortune 500 Companies.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I got news for ya. 20 years ago my Fortune 500 Company was sending these out to managers when it came to arranging 'Holiday Parties' for their employees.

And we all know that Democrats run all the Fortune 500 Companies.
I think the bubble factor comes into play here.

So to someone living in small town USA where there is little to no diversity, hearing that in New York City, clerks are encouraged to say Happy Holidays because they are serving those of Jewish and Christian faith....it just seems outrageous. They wonder why are they erasing Christmas. They aren't erasing Christmas. They are offering the same service to those that celebrate Christmas as the ones who don't -- it's that simple.

But it plays well on conservative radio -- that's where this started. It created drama for their talk shows.

Talking about how churches now have to have midnight masses starting at 4:00 pm and every two hours until midnight -- and sometimes hosting those attending in the main part of the church, in the lobby, in the secondary halls around -- suggesting that church goers are growing not diminishing.........is just not as much fun and doesn't quite fit the making the liberals the devil narrative.

I've told this story before. I was quite involved with my church. I served on the finance council & on the council for trying to create a more welcoming church community. My kids went to the classes each week and we went to Mass on Sunday. My very conservative best friend at the time was suppose to be raising her kids' Catholic but she never went to church. BUT she lectured all day long how all those awful liberals were trying to get rid of church/religion. WHAT? It made no sense but it was what Rush was selling at the time and she bought it. She didn't see that it was folks like her who didn't get to to church anymore, wasn't involved in her church community that was more of a danger to any church than those vigilant liberals.

So past Presidents have been inclusive and sent holiday greeting cards. They still always wished Americans Merry Christmas and sincerely wished that God would Bless America after every public statement. How that is trying to get rid of Christmas, Christianity is beyond my comprehension.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

A super majority of US people identify as Christian. Yet, for some unknown reason, some of them demonstrate a preference to view themselves as victims. Why is this?

I think they like to play the victim so they can say things like "see look on the world hates us and hates God." Well something to that effect. They love to play the martyr.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:26 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
Merry Christmas, everyone.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
My opinion is in the title. Pat Buchanan coined the term for it, "cultural war". There are active elements out there, the vast majority either left or Islamic, who are waging a war to destroy America. And one of the most effective way to accomplish that goal is to destroy American traditions and positive aspects of it's culture.

https://twitter.com/miltimore79/stat...25792360255488
Respecting other people and their religious beliefs is not a "war on Christmas." Only whiners would think so.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Respecting other people and their religious beliefs is not a "war on Christmas." Only whiners would think so.

/thread

Old 12-18-2017, 12:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yep, seen a bunch of right-wing troublemakers online whining about how "SJW" ruined Star Wars. Their excuse is "the new characters are shallow, and since they are female and black, it's the fault of liberals." OK, maybe they are shallow... and how does turning them all into straight, white, overly macho males fix that problem? It doesn't, which means "SJW" has nothing to do with it, just poor writing (assuming one doesn't like the new movies.)

If anyone thinks shallow, 1-dimensional characters are some "new things caused by liberals," they are woefully ignorant of the history of entertainment since such characters have existed for decades in film and on TV, and centuries in the written form. They should also watch all of Bay's horrible Transformers movies on an endless loop until they get the point. Those movies are free of "PC" and "SJW," and you can enjoy nothing but macho white males stomping around and helpless, eye-candy women simpering all day... and the movies are still terrible because the characters are one-dimensional, the stories are illogical nonsense, and so on. "Liberals" have nothing to do with it.
I rather enjoyed the writing for Rogue 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.