Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:55 AM

309 posts, read 516,071 times

Advertisements

Yes, saving the world is important. Keeping the earth clean is important. With that in mind, when American citizens are drowning in invasion of illegal activities and collapse of middle class, it is immensely more important to focus on getting the honest hard working Americans back on their feet.

To people who are so giddy opposing President Trump:
While we are on the subject of "climate change", what have you personally done to help rather than aggravate the problems that you are so quick of accusing everyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 11:11 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
Yes, saving the world is important. Keeping the earth clean is important. With that in mind, when American citizens are drowning in invasion of illegal activities and collapse of middle class, it is immensely more important to focus on getting the honest hard working Americans back on their feet.
Is someone suggesting we should prioritize keeping the earth clean over having a strong economy where Americans are "back on their feet"? I do see the right fighting to destroy the environment and attempting to squash emerging industries, but they're not doing that for jobs. They're doing it to make a handful of rich people even richer, even though it means the economy struggles long term.
Quote:
To people who are so giddy opposing President Trump:
While we are on the subject of "climate change", what have you personally done to help rather than aggravate the problems that you are so quick of accusing everyone else?
Hmm, I compost, recycle, have no AC, use minimal heating, and take public transit most of the time.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:29 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Standard liberal whine.

The climate always changes and people adapt.
Yes they are adapting in California and Houston right now LOL

Old 12-17-2017, 02:59 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The consensus has been disproved.

The data is manipulated to get the results desired.
Climatologists/scientists spend years studying the climate,they use these scientific instruments/methods to come to their conclusions =
Quote:
The National Centers for Environmental Information contains the instrumental and paleoclimatic records that can precisely define the nature of climatic fluctuations at time scales of a century and longer. Among the diverse kinds of data platforms whose data contribute to NCEI's resources are: Ships, buoys, weather stations, weather balloons, satellites, radar and many climate proxy records such as tree rings and ice cores. The National Oceanographic Data Center contains the subsurface ocean data which reveal the ways that heat is distributed and redistributed over the planet. Knowing how these systems are changing and how they have changed in the past is crucial to understanding how they will change in the future. And, for climate information that extends from hundreds to thousands of years, paleoclimatology data, also available from the National Centers for Environmental Information, helps to provide longer term perspectives.
You seem to be basing your refutation of their findings based solely on your own opinion. Got something a little more credible in your repetoire?

Old 12-17-2017, 03:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
God Bless President Donald Trump and his Lovely First Family and the 65 Million "PATRIOTIC Americans" who voted for him for bringing sanity back into the WH.....can't wait too see him serve his SECOND Term!!!

BTW...I remember years ago when they used to say Global Warming instead of climate change. Well supposedly this expert climate scientist you know the ones belonging to the elite know it all group of 97%. Anyways he stated that "snow would be a thing of the past and that children would no longer know the joy of playing in the snow." Well here we are years later and guess what...im still freezing in the winter and shoveling white stuff off my driveway. God I wish some day i could meet up with that imbecile and hit him over the head with a snow shovel!!!

Trump removes climate change from national security policy | Daily Mail Online
Right, because the Bible says there would be strange weather patterns in the End Times, and we shouldn't worry about climate change because it's a sign that Jesus is returning soon. That is our national policy. You call that sanity?

Old 12-17-2017, 03:02 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Total B.S. We have had strong storms, and natural climate change since before Man, and before Man's industrialization.
So, to be clear, you're denying climate change happens, man can have any impact on the climate, and that we should be prepared for climate change?

Do you, or anyone on the far-right, understand how grossly wrong that belief is?

Even if you - wrongly - believe that humanity can't affect the climate, how can anyone with a straight face say that climate change is not a national security threat? Climate change is THE largest factor linked to every single major extinction event in Earth's history (which goes back more than 6,000 years..), and has been a leading cause of civilization collapses, war, famine, pestilence, and death throughout recorded history. Even if one pretends - stupidly - that humanity can't affect the climate, it is even stupider to think the climate, ever changing, can't affect humanity.

Of course, accepting all of those facts flies in the face of everything from young Earth creationist lunacy to mindless, jingoist Trump worship, so there's no point in expecting anyone on the far-right to learn anything from history or reality.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Nobody on this thread knows squat about climate change, myself included.

I trust the dedicated scientists and researchers to validate the existence of climate change and the overwhelming majority of scientists concur that Climate change is real. Unless one is anti-science why doubt what these folks are telling you ?

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
I would definitely be interest to see what the correlation is between those who deny climate change and those who deny evolution.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Right, because the Bible says there would be strange weather patterns in the End Times, and we shouldn't worry about climate change because it's a sign that Jesus is returning soon. That is our national policy. You call that sanity?
Remember that the people we're dealing with place more credence in bronze age stories about an all-powerful entity that cannot be proven to exist than they do actual, verifiable scientific data. Sanity went out the window along time ago, sadly.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:05 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
God Bless President Donald Trump and his Lovely First Family and the 65 Million "PATRIOTIC Americans" who voted for him for bringing sanity back into the WH.....can't wait too see him serve his SECOND Term!!!

BTW...I remember years ago when they used to say Global Warming instead of climate change. Well supposedly this expert climate scientist you know the ones belonging to the elite know it all group of 97%. Anyways he stated that "snow would be a thing of the past and that children would no longer know the joy of playing in the snow." Well here we are years later and guess what...im still freezing in the winter and shoveling white stuff off my driveway. God I wish some day i could meet up with that imbecile and hit him over the head with a snow shovel!!!

Trump removes climate change from national security policy | Daily Mail Online
I think Mother Nature begs to differ. He can remove whatever terms he wants. Doesn't change the facts. And your post shows you have no idea how global warming even works. SMDH.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I would definitely be interest to see what the correlation is between those who deny climate change and those who deny evolution.
Climate change flies in the face of young-Earth Creationists, and working to stop it is against the whole "Jesus returns when we destroy the world" types. Now, top that off with the people who think climate change is "a conspiracy from duh gubermint to take mah coal-powered pickup truck!" and you have a staggering percentage of the population who will take a stand against facts because of a mix of misapplied "religion" and short-sighted selfishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies