Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 09:45 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPqd20tdncg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 09:46 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Warmer weather means more plants, more animals, more life.

Why do these wackos want to prevent life?

About tired of these anti-lifers.

Here I am caring about a better world and all they care about is the erosion of sand beneath their beach house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6GNA58YOA

Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
This is another one of those 'big' Trump moves that is most likely more ceremonious or symbolic. While he may remove it form the list, the Pentagon, Homeland Security, etc...anyone who knows anything about threats to security, will continue to include it in one of their many concerns.

This will be added to Trump's big achievement list -- along with the banning of words, etc. as some BIG move making the USA a better place.

MEH -- it is much to do about nothing. Will not change the course of anything.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:52 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
There are far too many ignorant Americans denying science.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Stupid move by Trump. His own military says that climate change is a growing threat. He should be listening to his generals. Ask the Navy commanders who run the base at Norfolk, which is under increasing stress due to rising sea levels.
Oceanfront property is as valuable as ever right now, if there were truly any threat to this, id think we would values plummet overnight.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:08 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
My memory goes back even further, to where the term 'the greenhouse effect' was used. This term was first used by a scientist in the 1820s, the first to recognize that the Earth is a 'closed' atmosphere (hence our oxygen is not flung off into space), and that if certain fuels were burned, the gases emitted would be trapped in the atmosphere, and cause heating much like a greenhouse does. The term was still being used in the early 1960s when I was in grade school.

I think they should have kept the Greenhouse Effect in usage. That way, perhaps even those with a fifth grade education would have some understanding of the issue. However, they now use, I guess, Global Warming, and so the less educated are confused, for they will say, for instance, that we still have cold weather and even snow, and so it can't be true, despite the science extending back to the 1820s (which for those of you in Rio Linda, was before Al Gore was born).
Well it HAS been proven that those that are conservative leaning tend to be the less educated. It doesn't surprise me at all that they don't understand climate science. You can literally read the ignorance in the things they post here on CD.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:09 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Warmer weather means more plants, more animals, more life.

Why do these wackos want to prevent life?

About tired of these anti-lifers.

Here I am caring about a better world and all they care about is the erosion of sand beneath their beach house
I honestly hope you're joking here.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:11 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Well it HAS been proven that those that are conservative leaning tend to be the less educated. It doesn't surprise me at all that they don't understand climate science. You can literally read the ignorance in the things they post here on CD.
Who has proven this? Many conservatives I know, including myself have multiple, advanced degrees, and actually have some common sense as well.

What you posted shows TRUE ignorance.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:12 AM

9,102 posts, read 6,327,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I get it and I don't.

Trump could have easily stated that North Korea and Isis are immediate security threats, and climate change will continue to be studied and analyzed. Of course NK and Isis are the real threats of today, but what's the point of removing it from "the list"?
Climate has nothing to do with security. Climate change is not an enemy of the United States. It never should have been added to the security list in the first place.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:46 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
God Bless President Donald Trump and his Lovely First Family and the 65 Million "PATRIOTIC Americans" who voted for him for bringing sanity back into the WH.....can't wait too see him serve his SECOND Term!!!

BTW...I remember years ago when they used to say Global Warming instead of climate change. Well supposedly this expert climate scientist you know the ones belonging to the elite know it all group of 97%. Anyways he stated that "snow would be a thing of the past and that children would no longer know the joy of playing in the snow." Well here we are years later and guess what...im still freezing in the winter and shoveling white stuff off my driveway. God I wish some day i could meet up with that imbecile and hit him over the head with a snow shovel!!!

Trump removes climate change from national security policy | Daily Mail Online

This is one of his best moves. Global Warming AKA climate change IS NOT FIXABLE. And we aren't even sure if it's being caused by human activities, or if the earth is simply warming up because, well, it's warming up. I mean, let's suppose it is determined to be human activity. What are we going to do about it? Shut down the economy? Go back to a farming lifestyle (except for the elites)?

A slow transition from fossil fuels to solar & alternative energy is a good thing, but that's really about all we can do for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies