Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times

Advertisements

Typical of Trump he sadly believes that his money can save him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 10:14 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Stupid move by Trump. His own military says that climate change is a growing threat. He should be listening to his generals. Ask the Navy commanders who run the base at Norfolk, which is under increasing stress due to rising sea levels.
Thank-you. Even the vaunted military minds recognize it as a threat to US security

Old 12-16-2017, 10:19 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Climate change is not a political issue, it's a scientific one. Climate has been changing on earth since it was created, it has no place in politics.

There was a time when the earth was hot with barely any winter and the dinosaurs roamed and lived in that climate with no problem.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:28 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Climate change is not a political issue, it's a scientific one. Climate has been changing on earth since it was created, it has no place in politics.

There was a time when the earth was hot with barely any winter and the dinosaurs roamed and lived in that climate with no problem.
But there is a place in politics for it. If the U.S. will not back efforts to continue researching the long term effects on humans contributions to any erosion of the environment being caused, then there will not be enough funding to find answers.

You cannot compare our world to that of the dinosaurs, where according to science it was an immediate and not long-term act that created extinction. But in only a few centuries, we are seeing the effects of our own doing on the environment. Therefore it is our responsibility to try to slow down/stop/reverse those effects. My point in my OP is I know it's long term, but why the need to blow it up by removing it as a threat? Just keep it on the list and admit it's low on your priorities. Trump does not know how to handle his business and speak to his citizens who elected him into office. It's a slap in the face how he is handling this.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:31 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,547,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
But there is a place in politics for it. If the U.S. will not back efforts to continue researching the long term effects on humans contributions to any erosion of the environment being caused, then there will not be enough funding to find answers.

You cannot compare our world to that of the dinosaurs, where according to science it was an immediate and not long-term act that created extinction. But in only a few centuries, we are seeing the effects of our own doing on the environment. Therefore it is our responsibility to try to slow down/stop/reverse those effects. My point in my OP is I know it's long term, but why the need to blow it up by removing it as a threat? Just keep it on the list and admit it's low on your priorities. Trump does not know how to handle his business and speak to his citizens who elected him into office. It's a slap in the face how he is handling this.
again, it would require congress to make it a long term solution/problem... even the president can not have a war for longer than 90 days without congress

Old 12-16-2017, 11:28 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
open borders are more of a threat

Old 12-16-2017, 11:34 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
The Pentagon disagrees. The whole world disagrees. But to Trumpers, only Trump and Fox are right. Everybody else: "fake news."

Old 12-17-2017, 06:24 AM

1,194 posts, read 727,017 times
Default Thank You Mr. President--Trump 'will REMOVE climate change from the list of national security threats'

God Bless President Donald Trump and his Lovely First Family and the 65 Million "PATRIOTIC Americans" who voted for him for bringing sanity back into the WH.....can't wait too see him serve his SECOND Term!!!

BTW...I remember years ago when they used to say Global Warming instead of climate change. Well supposedly this expert climate scientist you know the ones belonging to the elite know it all group of 97%. Anyways he stated that "snow would be a thing of the past and that children would no longer know the joy of playing in the snow." Well here we are years later and guess what...im still freezing in the winter and shoveling white stuff off my driveway. God I wish some day i could meet up with that imbecile and hit him over the head with a snow shovel!!!

Trump removes climate change from national security policy | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-17-2017, 06:51 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,520,858 times
OH brother

Old 12-17-2017, 06:56 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Meanwhile Houston still in bad shape as well as parts of Fl. and PR. after massive hurricanes.

Storms getting stronger and larger due to warming of the atmosphere because of climate change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies