Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 11:09 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,130,605 times

Advertisements

I want all the apologist regressives to speak up for this entire immigration/diversity LIE.

How can you in a million years, with a straight face, argue on and fight for an out-and-out LIE that we were sold???

Quote:
Kennedy declared:

“First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same…

Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset… Contrary to the charges in some quarters, [the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia…

In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think… The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs.”
https://cis.org/Report/Legacy-1965-Immigration-Act

So everything we see in America today was a false bill of goods - a flat out bald-faced LIE - we were duped and conned by regressives into selling our country away.

When are the regular, middle-class Americans going to stand up and take back this country that was flat out stolen from us via regressive/liberal LIES?

Old 12-29-2017, 11:14 AM

79,086 posts, read 61,224,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to believe or deny anything you want.

Over 3 million illegals pay about $13 billion annually into Social Security alone. The Heritage Foundation (conservative) says they pay $17 billion in taxes per year.
Yeah, isn't exploiting illegals a great thing?

Imagine having to pay out on those SS contributions or having to pay US workers more!?!?! Outrageous!

Old 12-29-2017, 11:14 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,821,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I want all the apologist regressives to speak up for this entire immigration/diversity LIE.

How can you in a million years, with a straight face, argue on and fight for an out-and-out LIE that we were sold???

So everything we see in America today was a false bill of goods - a flat out bald-faced LIE - we were duped and conned by regressives into selling our country away.

When are the regular, middle-class Americans going to stand up and take back this country that was flat out stolen from us via regressive/liberal LIES?

Donald Trump is the only one to ever succeed to stand up to the con job the establishment were putting on us to relinquish our Constitution, to bring in a world governing body to rule over us.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:15 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,111,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Don't worry. You can stay on welfare until we get rid of the illegals.

Then we'll be cutting you off. The jobs that Americans "won't do" are the jobs you'll be doing.

Along with the rest of the welfare crowd -- if they want to eat, that is.
Welfare crowd? You mean folks in red states like Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia? And last I checked able bodied single men with no kids couldn’t get those benefits anyway. Could be wrong but that’s a tad below my tax bracket so I don’t concern myself with the requirements anyway.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:31 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,130,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Donald Trump is the only one to ever succeed to stand up to the con job the establishment were putting on us to relinquish our Constitution, to bring in a world governing body to rule over us.
He's definitely done some good things - a wall (I hear the democrats won't sign off on it unless he bends on DACA) would be a better step. Then maybe we can round up all these border-jumping (CRIMINALS) and deal with them once and for all .

And anyone here who says crossing our border illegally (breaking the LAW) isn't a crime, please save it for some cupcake, I don't want to hear it.

MAGA - Take America BACK.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:50 AM

63,460 posts, read 29,468,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Welfare crowd? You mean folks in red states like Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia? And last I checked able bodied single men with no kids couldn’t get those benefits anyway. Could be wrong but that’s a tad below my tax bracket so I don’t concern myself with the requirements anyway.

Do you know how many are on welfare in my state of Calif.? You know that liberal, Democrat held state? If you knew you wouldn't be attacking some small red states.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:55 AM

63,460 posts, read 29,468,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Again, why would an American stay jobless insead of taking a $35/h job? He has no bills to pay?
If talking construction jobs an American hasn't a chance at those jobs today. Illegal aliens have taken them all over. You must be able to speak Spanish and be Hispanic to get those jobs today. Americans were ran off those jobs long ago.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:03 PM

42,823 posts, read 26,552,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Anyone with common sense knows this to be true. Unreal....the ignorance of people. I've arrested hundreds of illegals over the years and I've had conversations with several about where they work and how much they make. 12$ 15$ 19$ 20$ an hour....factories. Construction. Hospitality. A bakery in Chicago got busted with 1/3 of their workforce being illegal (800 illegals) recently...
WAKE UP
lol sure you have and part of the arrest procedure is asking these 'hundreds of illegals' about how much money they make and that is your proof that illegals are paid $35 an hour for NY construction jobs?

Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM

24,194 posts, read 15,263,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post

That law can be changed today, or any time since it was passed.

HIB's are prevalent these days. So are people who over stay visas. Then add in the illegals.

Check out the Chamber of Commerce types who like illegals, restaurants, food processors,builders, hospitality.

That's not counting farm workers.

Nobody paid any attention for years. Now the grass roots is noticing education and welfare costs. But they are not big donors. What are the Republicans gonna do?

We are in the middle of a perfect storm. Bleeding hearts who want to save the world and business owners who want cheap labor. Those of us in Texas have been living it since the mid 70's.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:35 PM

15,104 posts, read 10,194,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then companies need to pay more or go out of business. There is no justification to hire illegal aliens it's against the law! We are subsidizing them through our taxes to the tune of over $100 billion annually. The 100's of dollars a plate not in a high end restaurant is a myth. Funny, throughout our history we have always had affordable restaurants.
My statement wasn't a justification for hiring illegal aliens but simply to put the OP's original post in perspective. What seems as a "heap" of money isn't so in NYC.... what is observed is no different from any other place.

Unless you are a NYC resident, your tax dollars are not subsidizing the programs in NYC.... for the most part they are subsidized by the high city taxes. If you choose to live in NYC as a resident, then you are agreeing to subsidize. If you don't agree, then simply don't live in NYC. Hence a "tale of two economies"... those with higher income choosing to live the NYC lifestyle and willing to pay for it, and those that are providing that lifestyle through restaurants, housekeeping, and services.

My point is, NYC economy isn't something that can be generalized throughout the nation. It is a particularly unique circumstance. For the most part, the residences of NYC know that a greater portion of their income is going into "paying for the NYC lifestyle" and that includes subsidizing lower income people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies