Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 11:25 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,118,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
First of all, thats low for NYC, second of all, i doubt Americans want to be on a high rise building where they can fall and idk, die?
Right......no Americans have ever worked on high rise buildings. SMH

Old 12-29-2017, 11:29 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
The topic of this thread is a locale NYC concern not a federal one.
Not true.

Those illegals can move to other parts of the country.

Any illegal, anywhere in this country, is a national problem, not just a local problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is a strong contingent who strongly believes the illegals have to be sent home. But they lack anywhere near the support needed to even attempt the task. So they do what they can...which is block any attempt to fix the problem...and sadly they feel good about that.
The only way to "fix the problem" is to send them home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Those who are crying about illegal immigrants taking the Jobs of Americans.

Yes, I agree with you 100% that, "Americans first"

But I tell you what, one of the biggest problems many jobless Americans face is NOT the lack of jobs, or illegal immigrants, but it's the drug test they can't pass.

If a jobless person (whether legal or illegal) wanted a job, they would find it. As they say, "Where there is a will, there is a way."
So you're saying that employers drug-test illegal aliens?

Is that what you're suggesting? Somehow I doubt that.

Quote:
I have seen many Mexicans in the work force and I don't know whether they are legal or illegal, and I do know that they are big into drinking beer BUT none seem like a drug addict and/or a meth head. They all work extremely tough jobs that druggies won't be able to do in a million years.
And too many American citizens are "druggies", so we need the illegals?

I doubt that as well.

Americans aren't hired because illegals have been given their jobs.

Illegals have been given their jobs so that employers can lower their labor costs and put the money they save into their own pockets.

Quote:
perhaps illegals criminals who are convicted of major and severe crimes should be handed with capital punishment.
Now you're talking.

Quote:
The mostly dysfunctional off springs of these illegals alien crimianals will remain a challenge to deal with as they are born U.S. citizens. What to do with them? Many will naturally go into drug dealing and other crimes to make a living because that's all what they have seen.
Yes.

There is no reason they can't be deported. The Fourteenth Amendment was never intended to protect -- and does not protect -- anchor babies.

It no more confers automatic U.S. citizenship on them than it confers automatic U.S. citizenship on the children of foreign diplomats when those children are born in this country.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:30 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Right......no Americans have ever worked on high rise buildings. SMH
Well apparently they don't want to otherwise they would be up there and not them..and do you believe everything that you are told?

Old 12-29-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
You just believe anything that somebody tells you?l.
Construction worker citizens that work alongside the illegals. I'd say pretty believable

Old 12-29-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Well apparently they don't want to otherwise they would be up there and not them..and do you believe everything that you are told?

Are you comprehending? Its called sarcasm

Old 12-29-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Well apparently they don't want to otherwise they would be up there
Not if employers won't hire them.

Employers want the cheap labor. That way they get bigger profits.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:46 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So you're saying that employers drug-test illegal aliens?

Is that what you're suggesting? Somehow I doubt that.

And too many American citizens are "druggies", so we need the illegals?

I doubt that as well.

Americans aren't hired because illegals have been given their jobs.
I could tell you a few example from the industry I work in, but perhaps you would have hard time to believe.

You can perhaps do some more research and be open to the idea that there is a world exist beyond what you know and what you believe.

https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/71...se-rising.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/b...or-hiring.html

As Americans fail drug tests, employers hire refugees - CNN

http://www.digitaljournal.com/busine...article/498807

Old 12-30-2017, 01:05 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Not true.

Those illegals can move to other parts of the country.

Any illegal, anywhere in this country, is a national problem, not just a local problem.

Nice clip of taking my quote out of context. It was in relation to taxation and pay wages

I agree that illegal immigrants should not be able to work.... I made no suggestion otherwise. My point is that the premise that NYC is in particular a problem because the claimed 25 to 35 wage as the OP claimed doesn't hold water. The illegal immigration problem in NY or NYC is no different than any other place in this country... The actual wages of the illegal is irrelevant and certainly not a reason to single out NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Then your concerns are irrelevant to this thread. The OP is implying that their federal tax dollars are funding the 25-35 an hour in NYC (which I haven't seen any proof of). Simply put the only people who would be complaining are those that actually pay NYC CITY tax.... most of those people understand and accept it. If not, they simply move out of NYC and into NJ or NY state.

The topic of this thread is a locale NYC concern not a federal one. I personally wouldn't live in NYC because I don't see the cost/benefit of the lifestyle. However, millions of people actually do and if they can afford it, more power to them.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I could tell you a few example from the industry I work in, but perhaps you would have hard time to believe.

You can perhaps do some more research and be open to the idea that there is a world exist beyond what you know and what you believe.
No world exists beyond what I know and what I believe.

Haven't you figured that out yet, silly?

Old 12-30-2017, 05:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
He's definitely done some good things - a wall (I hear the democrats won't sign off on it unless he bends on DACA) would be a better step. Then maybe we can round up all these border-jumping (CRIMINALS) and deal with them once and for all .

And anyone here who says crossing our border illegally (breaking the LAW) isn't a crime, please save it for some cupcake, I don't want to hear it.

MAGA - Take America BACK.

The thing I don't like about a wall is, when the tables are turned and Democrats in total totalitarian mode, the wall will be used to keep us in.

Treating the symptoms and never addressing the cancer, will eventually kill you anyway.
Get rid of all incentives to come here illegally.
Seizure of all assets, personal and business, including stockholders, of those companies that are exploiting illegal alien parasites and undercutting Americans.
Clarify the 14th Amendment to be addressing Freemen and the children of and not anyone and everyone born here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies