Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:14 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
For the uninitiated:

Gender Fluid | Gender Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

To me it all sounds like a bunch of crap.
Why do you care OP? If you don't agree with them, just don't agree and let them live their lives. Easy peasy.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What is stupid is the entire term "gender". Seemed to become trendy 15 years ago or so. Before that the term was simply "sex". You have a penis or a vagina. End of story.
Yep, and no cared what hobbies you had or how you dressed.

The gender supporters are the only ones fixated on it.

And if a girl plays with girl toys they go ballistic. But they DEMAND that boys play with them .. because gender .. and stuff. So they aren't good enough for girls, but they are good enough for boys.

Go figure. Actually you can't, because there is NO logic behind it.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:17 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So what does your anti Christion bias, which is just a STRAW MAN to deflect, have to do with a person having multiple genders? People are free to be anything they want, but the reality is that our genders, are biologically driven. Just because you want to "FEEL" a certain way doesn't automatically make it so. The percentage of people that want to be a different gender is EXTREMELY small anyway. The media just wants you to think it is a big problem. It is just a handful of the confused, but hey, knock yourself out.
I don't have an anti-Christian bias. Nice try on deflecting.

If you read my post, you can see that all I said is that we already accommodate silly things. Whether this is silly or not, we should accommodate it as well... obviously.

We have no way of knowing whether it's just a way someone feels or whether there's actually a difference in the brain.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:19 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
I don't have an anti-Christian bias. Nice try on deflecting.

If you read my post, you can see that all I said is that we already accommodate silly things. Whether this is silly or not, we should accommodate it as well... obviously.

We have no way of knowing whether it's just a way someone feels or whether there's actually a difference in the brain.
So belief in Christianity is silly? BTW, I am not even a religious person.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why do you care OP? If you don't agree with them, just don't agree and let them live their lives. Easy peasy.
I don't care how you dress.

I don't care what your name is.

I don't care what your hobbies are (as long as you aren't hurting anyone else).

I don't care who you date.

I don't care what you do with your hair.

But do NOT expect me to call you woman if you are a man or vice versa.

Because that effects me directly. You are changing the nature of biology. You are redefining biology on YOUR term and expecting me to comply to a falsehood.

I don't demand that you agree with lies I tell, don't expect me to agree to lies YOU tell.

Biology is a fact, don't change facts, and we will get along just fine.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:28 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't care how you dress.

I don't care what your name is.

I don't care what your hobbies are (as long as you aren't hurting anyone else).

I don't care who you date.

I don't care what you do with your hair.

But do NOT expect me to call you woman if you are a man or vice versa.

Because that effects me directly. You are changing the nature of biology. You are redefining biology on YOUR term and expecting me to comply to a falsehood.

I don't tell you agree with lies I tell, don't expect me to agree to lies YOU tell.

Biology is a fact, don't change facts, and we will get along just fine.
That's ridiculous. It does not affect you directly at all. How does it affect you? I don't expect you to change your gender because of how I feel about my own gender. And besides, biology is not as cut and dried as it seems. People with hermaphroditism and other sex development syndromes can be both sexes. OTOH, religion in America is a falsehood that affects us directly. Why? Because churches have gotten away with evading tax payments forever in the name of their nonexistent Gods. They are businesses that should be paying taxes. We are supporting them, so if you want to get technical, one could argue that taxpayers are financially forced to believe in God.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:30 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
For the uninitiated:

Gender Fluid | Gender Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

To me it all sounds like a bunch of crap.
Who cares, pick a gender and stick with it. I couldn't handle coming in on Mondays and having to figure out who a person thinks they are that day...

Old 01-08-2018, 07:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But used by the Progressives to Virtue Signal how "evolved" they are.
Very important comment.
The downsizing of human brains is an evolutionary fact. Some scientists think it might be a dumbing-down process.

As humans have evolved the brain has been shrinking in size and no where is it more obvious than in liberals. Brain development has been credited with two main functions, survival and reproduction.

As society has become more complex survival is taking a backseat to reproduction. The smaller brain is concentrating on sexual identity and denying known biological science when it's convenient politically. The goal seems to be breeding chaos and distraction where the dumbing down of humans can best take root. Finding the smallest fraction of the population and elevate it to a major national concern is the norm and promoting it through the group think of the collective will achieve the greatest success.
That is the process that may well bring survival back to the forefront. Who ever coined the term dick...+...head was way ahead of their time.

https://www.npr.org/2011/01/02/13259...getting-dumber

Last edited by phma; 01-08-2018 at 07:49 AM..

Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's ridiculous. It does not affect you directly at all. How does it affect you? I don't expect you to change your gender because of how I feel about my own gender. And besides, biology is not as cut and dried as it seems. People with hermaphroditism and other sex development syndromes can be both sexes. OTOH, religion in America is a falsehood that affects us directly. Why? Because churches have gotten away with evading tax payments forever in the name of their nonexistent Gods. They are businesses that should be paying taxes. We are supporting them, so if you want to get technical, one could argue that taxpayers are financially forced to believe in God.
It affects me because you are redefining biology.Sex development disorders are just that. Biological problems that can be handled. They are outlier cases that have nothing to do with this issue at large. It's like saying .01% of the public has XYZ disease, so let's demand that 100% of the population take the same medication. You never base policy on the outlier cases. Ever. It's bad public policy. You deal with those cases on an individual bases in a way that makes sense for them individually.

And let's be real. We're not talking about those cases. We're talking about gee, I feel like XYZ today, so I'll demand this. I feel like ABC today so I'll demand this. I'm a woman, no I'm a man, wait I need to get pregnant, but you need to call me sir.

You are saying a male can be female and a female can be male. Just because someone on a whim says so.

That's not true.

As I said, do whatever you want. If Ashly wants to change her name to Michael, I do NOT CARE ONE BIT. I'll happily call HER Michael.

But I will not address HER as HIM. Because that is not true.

It's a pretty simple concept.

Not sure why you are not understanding and have no clue what the heck you are talking about via church and god. I'm not religious and haven't mentioned religion. Seems like you have an issue with taxes? And I can see a penis or a vagina, so can pretty much prove who is a man or a woman.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:50 AM

I also find it ridiculous that religion always gets dragged into this. As if what ... it proves what exactly?

I'm not religious. Religion has nothing to do with this. It's flat out biology. If other people want to use whatever pronoun, go ahead.

But you cannot force the entire public to engage in biological dishonesty. Canada's law is WRONG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies