Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Feminized men (whatever the hell that means): How is that a problem?

Sex and gender identity being different: How is that a problem?

Seeing people as individuals and not as a gender member and all it entails: How's that a problem?

"The Left" actually wants freedom to be your real self without either government restrictions on your rights OR societal prejudice against you simply for being "different". If anything, it's the right being totalitarian here. For all the right's ballyhooing of "freedom", I have never seen any group more devoted to castigating people who are different than conservatives. Hypocrites.
So freedom is demanded that the public ignore biology?

Freedom is reining in free speech?

Freedom is making free speech a hate crime?

Seriously: WTH is your definition of FREE?

If people want to behave in a way that defies biology: GO FOR IT. No one is stopping you. Do it all the live long day. Fix your hair, wear makeup, put on a dress or a football jersey: NO ONE CARES. No one is saying don't do those things.

You are free to do what you want, and I am free to ignore it.

There's the FREEDOM part.

BUT: Don't say it's freedom to DICTATE what YOU want me to say. Because that's what you want. You are demanding I change MY behavior to suit you. that's not freedom. that's SLAVERY.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 AM

19,650 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:

Seeing people as individuals and not as a gender member and all it entails: How's that a problem?

"The Left" actually wants freedom to be your real self without either government restrictions on your rights OR societal prejudice against you simply for being "different". If any totalitarianism is going on here, it's from the right - namely insisting that if someone's personality goes against their visible sex, then they deserve whatever disrespect and castigation that comes their way. For all the right's ballyhooing of "freedom", I have never seen any group more devoted to castigating people who are different than conservatives.
Your personality is your personality. It doesn't change your gender. You get more crap for trying to be something you are not (a woman if you're a man) than just going with who you are - your personality. Now is the best time to be an effeminate man, since most millennial guys are like that anyway, at least in urban areas.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:32 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
Quote:

"The Left" actually wants freedom to be your real self without either government restrictions on your rights OR societal prejudice against you simply for being "different". If any totalitarianism is going on here, it's from the right - namely insisting that if someone's personality goes against their visible sex, then they deserve whatever disrespect and castigation that comes their way. For all the right's ballyhooing of "freedom", I have never seen any group more devoted to castigating people who are different than conservatives.
For me, it's more that I don't want to encourage views that don't align with reality. I ultimately don't care that much, as long as I'm not punished for misgendering, but I won't support the idea that you are whatever you feel like you are. That's simply not true.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:35 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Not a thing. One is born to a certain gender, and there is more than XX and XY BUT it is not fluid.

One could identify more with a gender other than their own, but that would not change the gender they are born as.

So many amazing things happen in the formation of a human in the womb, but deviations do occur, but that is also rare, but a real thing.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:36 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Don't care but if you could quit messing with schools, bathrooms, marriage, etc. and just live your life in your current mental state, that would be nice. As in, leave the rest of us alone as we don't care.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
For the uninitiated:

Gender Fluid | Gender Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

To me it all sounds like a bunch of crap.
Load of crap. But live your life...I don't care what other people do, just don't demand that I "celebrate" your gender "fluidity."

Old 01-08-2018, 08:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
For the uninitiated:

Gender Fluid | Gender Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

To me it all sounds like a bunch of crap.
You are obviously not gender fluid (nor am I). Why does it matter so much if you're not directly dealing with this, or is this an issue with family or close friends?

I have no position.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It affects me because you are redefining biology.Sex development disorders are just that. Biological problems that can be handled. They are outlier cases that have nothing to do with this issue at large. It's like saying .01% of the public has XYZ disease, so let's demand that 100% of the population take the same medication. You never base policy on the outlier cases. Ever. It's bad public policy. You deal with those cases on an individual bases in a way that makes sense for them individually.

And let's be real. We're not talking about those cases. We're talking about gee, I feel like XYZ today, so I'll demand this. I feel like ABC today so I'll demand this. I'm a woman, no I'm a man, wait I need to get pregnant, but you need to call me sir.

You are saying a male can be female and a female can be male. Just because someone on a whim says so.

That's not true.

As I said, do whatever you want. If Ashly wants to change her name to Michael, I do NOT CARE ONE BIT. I'll happily call HER Michael.

But I will not address HER as HIM. Because that is not true.

It's a pretty simple concept.

Not sure why you are not understanding and have no clue what the heck you are talking about via church and god. I'm not religious and haven't mentioned religion. Seems like you have an issue with taxes? And I can see a penis or a vagina, so can pretty much prove who is a man or a woman.
You take off every person's clothes to determine their "true" sex? Then it sounds like it is you who has a problem, not them.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You take off every person's clothes to determine their "true" sex? Then it sounds like it is you who has a problem, not them.
You were comparing proving *gender* to proving there is a *god*.

Very easy way to tell if a person is a man or woman. They do it at birth. Checking anatomy. Pretty simple.

It's biological. I know the difference between a man and a woman, and have no problems. But thanks for being concerned for my welfare, I appreciate it.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:10 AM

19,650 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
For me, it's more that I don't want to encourage views that don't align with reality. I ultimately don't care that much, as long as I'm not punished for misgendering, but I won't support the idea that you are whatever you feel like you are. That's simply not true.
It is giving children wrong ideas. Kids want what they want at the time, like to eat candy all day. Now we are encouraging them to be what gender they feel like, which could change by the day or any time based on outside influences. A girl who feels like a boy might just be a tomboy. She will be encouraged by those with an agenda to actually be a boy, or to be a boy this week or to be part boy. It is confusing. Kids need stability not fluidity. So this trend of gender being a choice is dangerous to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies