Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:03 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Because it *does* impact people. It impacts everyone... taxpayers paying for gender surgeries for those in the military, gender neutral bathrooms, not to mention the endless lecturing by the left that everyone needs to "accept" it.

This is why the issue is so controversial.
This is only your imagination or perhaps more correctly your political bias.

I think other than some sympathy/compassion that many on the right seem to be lacking I would venture a guess that the left along with most Americans feel quite similar about this issue.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

I think other than some sympathy/compassion that many on the right seem to be lacking I would venture a guess that the left along with most Americans feel quite similar about this issue.
Opinion isn't fact.

That's where the evidence is.

Who is really interested in feelings as a replacement for evidence when making policy's ?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:41 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
More NewSpeak--Male and female are sexes. But, of course, since one's sex cannot be changed, the NewSpeak crowd as introduced gender. Get it? That allows (in their world) gender fluidity. Just as flapping their gums about which gender we were assigned at birth, lends credence (in their minds) to gender...re-assignment.

Wake up, sheeple. And stop adopting the NewSpeak.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:56 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't care how you dress.

I don't care what your name is.

I don't care what your hobbies are (as long as you aren't hurting anyone else).

I don't care who you date.

I don't care what you do with your hair.

But do NOT expect me to call you woman if you are a man or vice versa.

Because that effects me directly. You are changing the nature of biology. You are redefining biology on YOUR term and expecting me to comply to a falsehood.

I don't demand that you agree with lies I tell, don't expect me to agree to lies YOU tell.

Biology is a fact, don't change facts, and we will get along just fine.
NO, it does NOT affect you greatly! I've noticed on these boards that you get easily triggered by any topic relating to the transgender spectrum and you get fixated on it to no end...and still don't understand much about it. So, here are some things you should know:

Sex is what is between your legs and gender is what is between your ears. Oh, and talking biology, there are also people who are born intersex...with both or ambiguous genitalia. There are people born with XXY chromosomes. In fact intersex people are, according to medial studies, as common as redheads and I'll bet you know a few of them - but attitudes like yours are the reason they hide it. But that sex and not gender....

On the gender side; every single human being is a mix of masculine and feminine...everyone - including you. Most men are primarily masculine but with a healthy dose of the feminine, And men who are insecure in their manhood spend their lifetimes trying to deny their feminine side or to burn it away. That is a real shame because such men live short and unhappy lives.

Most women are primarily feminine with a healthy does of the masculine as well. Since for women its OK to embrace their masculine side more these days, its not such a big deal and very few women try to deny they have that side. (In some ways, all women are already gender fluid).

But not everyone has the same mix of the two and for some its 50-50 or the mix can flip back and forth leaving them feeling a but like both, or neither. And guess what? They are perfectly fine and it harms no one. And if you took the time to meet and talk to one of these people, you'd find some very unique perspectives and problem solving abilities since they see the world the way men and women do - simultaneously. I work with a GF person and they are one of the smartest and most insightful people I know.

In the end, everyone has their own identity and only they know what exactly their gender is, regardless of the boxes people try to put them into. God doesn't make mistakes so there is nothing wrong with them.

And knowing how to deal with them is very easy; just follow the Golden Rule and treat them with the same dignity and respect you'd expect from other people.

Its really that simple.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Because it *does* impact people. It impacts everyone... taxpayers paying for gender surgeries for those in the military, gender neutral bathrooms, not to mention the endless lecturing by the left that everyone needs to "accept" it.

This is why the issue is so controversial.
Actually no since the topic here is gender fluidity and nonbinary people like them do not seek surgeries, etc. And the only people making such a fuss over who uses what bathroom are the Republicans who have found a new wedge issue to stir people up with.

Its your choice to accept other people (or not) but the choice you make tells others a lot about your character. No one should need to lecture you, your conscience can do that.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
When a man tells me that I need to call him a HER that is telling me what I can or cannot say.

If I disagree, you name call, yell right win conservative christian, tell me I'm a bigot racist gender-fearing homophobe. And then tell ME I'm against freedom.

None of which are accurate or true. Or logical for that matter.

It's insane. Want to know what's not insane? Calling a woman a she, and a man a he.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When a man tells me that I need to call him a HER that is telling me what I can or cannot say.

If I disagree, you name call, yell right win conservative christian, tell me I'm a bigot racist gender-fearing homophobe. And then tell ME I'm against freedom.

None of which are accurate or true. Or logical for that matter.

It's insane. Want to know what's not insane? Calling a woman a she, and a man a he.
So who EXACTLY told you to call them a certain something you did not want to call them? When? Where exactly? How did you respond? C'mon, tell us - it sounds like it was very traumatic for you since you get triggered every time these topics come up here.

By your logic, if someone told you his name was Steve and you'd didn't want to be "forced" to call him Steve - you'd call him Tom because that made you feel more comfortable. How dare Steve tell me what to say! I'll decide what his name is!

Decency and respect - its not that hard.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:24 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,968,833 times
Gender fluidity is not a real thing, and will never be a real thing. Male of female. That is it. End of story. Move on.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:42 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

Tell Target that's it's "just their imagination".
6 quarters of declining revenue and declining traffic since their big announcement.
The CEO regrets it now.
So far they have spent $20 million to install a third bathroom in their stores in hopes of getting customers back.

These gender fluid people are a very small but vocal minority.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:43 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post

On the gender side; every single human being is a mix of masculine and feminine...everyone - including you. Most men are primarily masculine but with a healthy dose of the feminine, And men who are insecure in their manhood spend their lifetimes trying to deny their feminine side or to burn it away. That is a real shame because such men live short and unhappy lives.

Most women are primarily feminine with a healthy does of the masculine as well. Since for women its OK to embrace their masculine side more these days, its not such a big deal and very few women try to deny they have that side. (In some ways, all women are already gender fluid).

But not everyone has the same mix of the two and for some its 50-50 or the mix can flip back and forth leaving them feeling a but like both, or neither. And guess what? They are perfectly fine and it harms no one. And if you took the time to meet and talk to one of these people, you'd find some very unique perspectives and problem solving abilities since they see the world the way men and women do - simultaneously. I work with a GF person and they are one of the smartest and most insightful people I know.

In the end, everyone has their own identity and only they know what exactly their gender is, regardless of the boxes people try to put them into. God doesn't make mistakes so there is nothing wrong with them.

And knowing how to deal with them is very easy; just follow the Golden Rule and treat them with the same dignity and respect you'd expect from other people.

Its really that simple.
How do you determine what makes anyone masculine or feminine? Is there a check list? How often do you get to flip?

A girl with a masculine side is still a girl. A boy with a feminine side is still a boy. How is this a problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies